WHQL 275.33 released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Infinity7_00, Jun 1, 2011.

?

How do you rate these new drivers?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2011.
  1. 275.33 are best drivers yet.

83 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. 275.33 perform the same as the 275.27.

37 vote(s)
    27.2%
  3. 275.33 are not as good as the 275.27.

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  4. 275.33 are not as good as the 270.xx driver family.

17 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DarKGuru

DarKGuru Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 560 TI DCUII
    My GPU fan has been really sped up by these drivers only at 49c and it's at 49% right now instead of 40%, and unload load its going to 65% (so noisy) WTF?????

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Well these drivers final fixed the problem with iRO and tabing in and out, I no longer have second worth of my mouse just skiping all over after tabing back in.

One thing I did notice was, I had 8xQ with previous Whql drivers, Now 8xQ is gone and seem to be replaced with 8x CSAA only there is only a 16xQ CSAA, Is there reason why 8xQ is gone and I only have 8x CSAA? are 8xQ and 8x CSAA the same? or is CSAA better? if 8xQ is better, how can I get 8xQ back other then changing drivers

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  3. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    i'm experiencing some very short flicker as Windows boot logo fades away and starts the OS, anyone else? not sure if it's the driver though but never noticed that before tbh

4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I tested with Heaven against the 275.27's...

275.27 = FPS 42.4, score 1069, MinFPS 22.4, Max FPS 97.0

275.33 = FPS 42.4, score 1069, MinFPS 23.3, Max FPS 99.0

All tested on specs to the left... not had a chance to see on games yet but i'm not playing much besides TF2 and Crysis2.

5. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    All those problems, weird ones...guys althought the nv installer lets you do a clean install never trust that option.
    I did a clean installation (unistall by add remove then driver sweeper) and ive not had a single problem.

6. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Hey genius, it just came out this morning. It's not as if your PC get's informed about the update as soon as it comes out... your PC does the checking against the webserver at some interval, depending on what you selected. So if your PC checks daily and it comes out a few hours after your daily check, you won't know until the next day.

As soon as I started up my PC tonight and logged into Windows it told me about the update.

7. war59312

war59312 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce GTX 470
    Nice, I did NOT even have to reboot after installing this driver.

Installed on Both Win7 SP1 and Win7 x64 SP1. No reboot requested for either PC and the driver appears to have been undated fully, all without the need for a reboot.

Nice! But of course I just rebooted anyways, in case this was a bug?

8. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

... or you don't really have a clue on the driver creation process. NVIDIA submits their driver to Microsoft for WHQL certification at the same time that they release it as a beta for enthusiasts.

If no serious problems (i.e. basic functionality) are detected in the WHQL process then NVIDIA releases them as the new WHQL driver. Just because an issue exists in the beta, that doesn't guarantee it will be fixed for the WHQL... unless it's a serious bug it will just be fixed in the next branch. Otherwise people will just keep finding issue and a driver would never be released.

9. Amo_rphis

Amo_rphis New Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 580
    Tested 3D Mark Vantage and 3D Mark 2011 with beta and these ones,same results.

10. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    In my experience within a couple hours it is posted on the updater. A couple hours is not going to make a huge deal. If it is a big deal, just use guru3d /shrug.

But I will continue to use the updater for updated game profiles, theres already been at least one game profile update between drivers that I have received.

11. KingCobra

KingCobra Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX660ti SLI

Actually no I'm not. Just did a search on futuremarks web site for sli scores for the 460 series of cards and I'm way low. Record for 2 460's is around 8400 with most scores in the high 7 thousand range, and a high of 6900 for 460se's with most scores around 6400. So obviously at a score of 5100 (and thats with my cards overclocked) sli is not working correctly for me in this benchmark. Weird because I have great scores in everything else. Any suggestions?? Don't really want to change drivers over a synthetic benchmark because this ones working great in all my games. But it still bugs me why its so low.

12. bcham

bcham Guest

GPU:
    palit gtx560ti
    yes the color settings dont stay after reboot,any one no which was the last driver not to have this bug,

13. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    use msi afterburner and set manual fan speeds for diff temps

works really well although i have noticed my fan getting noisier a bit faster with some games lol

14. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Whats the temp for you outside compared to when you installed older drivers?

15. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    When are Nvidia going to stretch out the settings panel, does anyone know why it hasn't been implemented yet?!

16. tanger

tanger Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    This drivers are still rubbish when playing 1080p videos. I spend all day removing and reinstalling them. Doing clean installs just so PhysX would keep failing to install even though it was already installed.

As I said before when I go and watch 1080p videos they play with major drop frame-rates. If the 1080p video has less action it plays better but still drops frame-rates. I can't believe they refuse to fix this garbage. The only last and good drivers that play 1080p videos fine are the 258.96 drivers which I will stick with for the life of this computer which is already four years old. Also since my graphics card is a Nvidia GForce 9800 GT which is a few years old there really is no point in updating the drivers. I don't game on my PC anymore. I just use my PC as a multimedia system for music and video playback.

17. DarKGuru

DarKGuru Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 560 TI DCUII
    lol temps are the same as normal, it's winter here so it's very cold ambient...

18. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    If that is all you do then just ditch the 9800GT and use onboard video...problem solved?

19. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Your in Australia, how could it be cold? LOL

20. tanger

tanger Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    My board does not have onboard video. I still would like to know why I am the only person with this problem. I know my PC is old but I don't want to hear the excuse that your processor is not fast enough because I had no problem playing fast moving full 1080p HD video with the 258.96 drivers. Anything past 260 plays almost like a slideshow.