Nvidia AA guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GanjaStar, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I already have a profile set up for Hunted: The Demon's Forge from an earlier driver with the executables, shippingpc-dfgame.exe and dfgame.exe, added to it. It uses the 0x45 AA flag. I didn't create it, I presume NVIDIA added it.

2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    what is the best driver/flag for gtx480 on RACE07/RACE10?

3. triskele10

triskele10 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE
    I also want to know what's the best for Simbin series

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    gota say getting AA to work to games is easier with a nvidia card then with an ati card.

Just used inspector to change profile for bioshock 2 in dx10 and its working great.

I could never get AA in dx10 in bioshock with my ATI card.:bang:

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I agree but at least AMD card users have japamd's RadeonPro tool to force AA in games plus they have MLAA for those games that just refuse to work with AA full-stop (e.g. GTA IV). Still, it is far better to just set an AA flag through the driver's profiles and I'm surprised that after all this time AMD have still *not* revamped their archaic profiles for something like NVIDIA's. They're either ignorant or just don't believe their users want such things. :bang:

NVIDIA have always had better drivers though and, sadly, that's one of the reasons I switched back to them after a seven month stint with the HD 5870 CFX. I've had very few problems to be honest.

6. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Can anyone please answer my post regarding Dead Space 2 flags and lighting issues I mentioned a couple post before this? I would like to try to get it to work again when I get home tonight.

Thank you for your help and support!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    NVIDIA are using 0x000D12C5 for Nail'd and since Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood also uses the same engine it works for that game too although anything higher than 8xCSAA results in sub-50 fps performance on my setup.

8. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I'm still having lighting issues when using all flags mentioned in this thread for Dead Space 2. Is there any work arounds or fix for this? I want to use the flag that allows high shadows + lighting fix.. Is there a flag that allows this? Thank you in advance

9. dennymoofoo

dennymoofoo Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 570 @ stock
    Any compatibility flag for aa deus ex human revolution beta dx9. Can't run it in dx11 because of the brightness bug and there is only edge aa in dx9 and its useless.

10. spacemanspliff

spacemanspliff Member

GPU:
    xfx 290 dd
    How do I implement 0x00030C1 for BFBC2?

Having a bit of trouble sorting the exact procedure.

11. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Well, I'm at a loss. I've tried every settings combo to correct the lighting glitch or what not in Dead Space 2. The light glitch is not the one mentioned in the thread, where the screen goes black. I get some strange AO/Lagging white shadow that traces behind all objects when turning in game. IT only happens under real or dynamic lighting. The only way I've been able to correct it for both 0x00411245 & 0x004030C0 flags is to set the Shadown setting in game from "Very high" to "normal," but normal looks real bad. Has anyone seen this before? Or can give me a direction on fixing it?

A strange finding I didn't know about.. I can force AA through Nvidia CP. I didnt know that was possible, but I'm still getting the shadow bug if forced through Nvidia CP just like inspector. :(

Are you guys running a patched version of the game or no? I wonder if I should reinstall the game? I think I'm the only one experiencing this..

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  12. pincopallino

pincopallino Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX670 DC II
    I have the same problem as you, Strakyatt. It's a kind of ghostig effects, like the shadows can't follow the mouse movement. If i use SSAO i get weird image corrpution, like i posted here http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3874870&postcount=174
    Game original version and patched: nothing changes
    driver 266.58/275.33, nothing changes

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  13. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE

Exactly! I couldn't have said it better. It appears were in the same boat. 3D gurus, I know you have played this game with flags before and had success with enabling AA without the problem were having because were the only ones experiencing this.. Can someone please bring up DS2 and give us a flag to use AA without this glitch? To the post above, have you been able to use AA of any kind without this problem?

14. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    Mass Effect 2 SGSSAA bits
    0x08009CC5 faster than default
    [​IMG]

Default 0x080100C5 18.7 FPS
    [​IMG]

0x08009CC5 20.4 FPS
    [​IMG]

----------NoAA---------8xMSAA-------8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA-4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA-2xMSAA+2xSGSSAA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  15. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    You will have the screen flicker with these bits. To get rid of flicker - turn off and then turn on post-processing. (Options - Video - Advanced - Post-Processing)

Deus Ex Human Revolution:
    0x004100C0 - Performance
    0x004030C0 - Quality (very high performance drop)
    0x004000C0 - For SGSSAA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

noAA:
    [​IMG]

8xMSAA+8xTrSSAA (0x004100C0):
    [​IMG]

8xMSAA (0x004030C0):
    [​IMG]

8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA (0x004000C0):
    [​IMG]

16. Psycho101

Psycho101 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 SLI @ 850/4100
    I can confirm this flag works exceptionally well.

Not only does it improve performance when using SGSSAA, it also removes the excessive blur I was getting when using the default flag. With the default, I was using a -LOD of ~2.750 @ 4xSGSSAA and still lgetting blur. With 0x08009CC5 -1 is perfect (for me, YMMV).

As well as this thread being an awesome resource for AA flags in general, I found this page useful for SGSSAA specific flags.

17. dennymoofoo

dennymoofoo Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 570 @ stock

Wow thanks man youre an absolute legend. ;)

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Does anyone know how to get AA working on duke nukem forever ?
    funny thing it worked this morning, forced 32xSS , was about 1.3 GB.
    now its not working anymore, cant get it above 400mb.
    ive tried reinstalling drivers , with no success

19. bloodindark

bloodindark Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 TI
    dungeon sieege 3 aa(caue the in game doesnt work and also tried almost all copat modes i know and nothing_)

20. bloodindark

bloodindark Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 TI
    also any bits to make aa work in red faction 3 and duke nukem>?