Are you ever satisfied with your computer?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Saifz, May 31, 2011.

1. Larry!

Larry! Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 295
    Me, yes. Most of you no, it's obvious if you ever read in this forum..... Alot of people have been taught from birth to be jealous and that not having the best means your not any good either. Filters down into here too. No real-world reason to have a cpu clocked over 4ghz or more than 1 580 or three screens. just like having Nike shoes when you were a kid, just so you could be cool...........

2. Snarl

Snarl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

What he said :)

3. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Yeah, I get what you mean. I had a buddy at my last job who would try to show off to others that had slower specs than him. Everyone just wanted him to shut up about it. Funny thing is, I taught him how to build a PC...
    I also see around the net where people buy the highest end motherboards and don't know how to overclock. It's just like the people that buy exotic cars and wreck them on the same week.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  4. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    Im really placed with mine but i always want more and more, atm my oced i7 cpu never ever get above 25% or less of usage while gaming which is the most demanding thing i do with my rig so i dont need to upgrade in two years at least, all i need is a 2tb raid, one ssd 64gb and a gtx580, i only play at 1920*1080 27" monitor so i dont need extra power atm

5. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    I am almost completely satisfied with my PC at the moment. I say almost because I picked up Metro2033 real cheap a couple of weeks ago, and I was playing it and thought to myself, "Self, you could cram another 570 in there....hmmmm."

The SLI bug has been scratching away in my head for a while now, but then I might need a better PSU, and that costs money, and I'm kind of thinking on buying another SSD in the near future, and if I do decide to SLI some 570's then do I upgrade my water-loop or do I just let the one run with the stock cooler?

And so on and so forth.....

There is always something around the corner, however I have a feeling that I'll be perfectly happy with my PC for quite some time.....once I get the stuff mentioned above! :eek:c:

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    simply i am
    that i could add an SSD and a more powerfull video card,maybe
    it could mean much,but it means almost nothing in the bigger picture
    if i only upgrade my life as easy i upgrade the parts of my computers....
    having a life,being loved having a job,being happy and healthy
    sorry for all that...

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Very happy, and have been ever since I did my last big upgrade which was going from a Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz, Asus P5K Premium, 4GB RAM, to a Core i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, Asus P6T, 6GB RAM! :) Then from an 8800GTX, to a 4870x2, then from a 4870x2 to my current GTX480!!

Soon I will be doing another big upgrade, going to wait for LGA2011 socket and Ivy Bridge SB-E CPU's, Going for one of those, a new mobo, and maybe new RAM if it uses quad channel (if not I will just stick with the stuff I have now).

In a short while, maybe in august I will be getting a new SSD (120GB OCZ 500MB/Read, 585MB/Write) as my main OS drive and using my 1TB F3 for games and y TB F1 as storage.

After all this I shall be hoping to upgrade the GPU sometime at the end of next year. Which means I shall have more or less a full system lying around spare which I shall slap together and sell on which means I shall get some of the money back on will spend on my upgrades :)

8. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Are there things I know I could upgrade? For sure. A Sata 3 SSD, more RAM. Does this affect the enjoyment I get out of using my PC? Not at all. Games perform so well on my setup I can't help but be happy with it. The only thing that has really tempted me lately it getting a new case. Something with dust filters on the air intakes would be nice.

9. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Got what I want for now, but I wouldn't mind an SSD at some point and having a fiddle with h20 when I have the time and funds.

10. OllieIcon

OllieIcon Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD Radeon 5970
    I love mine, going to get an extra 4gb ram, a new case, watercooling, and i would love one of them new SSDs from OCZ :D

11. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    never, i mean i love it and its a very nice rig overall..but i never want to stop

as of right now i accomplished everything i wanted to, but now i want to change it already and its seriously been within a month..
    i finally got my 3x24's(1920x1200 displays <3 16:10 ) i got my storage(4x1tb raid 5) increased my ssd game (2x80gb x25-m 500+mb/s) maxed out my ram but now im like..whats next? i got the case i wanted(fractal design r3 beautiful and silent) i got big silent air coolers that are amazing to say the least, sleeved psu, just have to paint 2 more fans and im "done"...but now i want a 3tb hard drive and sell the 4x1tb(even though the whole reason i went this route was to have speed and redundancy but im ready to sell it off and just use a single 3tb(which makes me think of another for at least raid 1)...so i guess overall no im never totally satisfied, and on top of that i just saw some of the x79 boards today and already wanted to go back to water cooling which i just left within the past 3 months..

i seriously just get addicted from time to time, i really dont need any upgrades at all, i play all the games i want i love the look of my computer but im just really into it right now..soon ill be gone again and dump money back into my car which ive just got over being addicted to...expensive hobbies...

12. robert1990

robert1990 Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5850 iCoolerV750/1100
    Pretty much I would like to make a full upgrade soon. Pretty happy with I have now, but would like to get some more power :cool:

Need a new case, because I can't fit any large CPU cooler on my case with side panel attached (I can only fit a CPU cooler with max height 140ish mm). Need a better cable management as well.

Need a new video card as well, HD 5850 is really good for playing any modern games, but I would like to get some more FPS on my games (love being able to play Metro 2033 in acceptable frame rates xD)

Need better CPU cooler, my current CPU cooler sucks.

This is my dream: to be able playing my favourite games in multi-screen configuration (Eyefinity FTW :D) I've been laying my eyes on Samsung MD230X3. I know, it's expensive, but it's using cPVA panel which is just slightly under IPS panel quality (correct me if I'm wrong :D), and the great thing is VERY THIN BEZEL. Top bezel: 9.4mm, side bezel: 7.6mm. This will give a great advantage in giving a picture of less gap between pictures, I think. It includes a very good stand as well, and it is upgradeable to 6 monitors if needed (I don't think I'll ever need 6 monitors tho xD)

That's all for me pretty much :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  13. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    Omg RossCorp you just said what it was in my mind, i also have my cpu and gpu on water (rasa 360 and ek gtx580 waterblock), a quick update is a another gtx570, but i need another waterblock and maybe another rad, or maybe use it with stock cooler....

14. mrkrinkle

mrkrinkle Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    I will be satisfied when my 580 arrives later this week, at least for a few weeks.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    As long as it squeezes out the right amount of frames on high detail, yes. If not, the upgrade fever will kick in :p

Though atm I'm thinking of a new case as well. That white Corsair Hilbert reviewed looked really nice. My current case is about 4 years old and has already seen 3 different setups.

If I could I'd upgrade my life with an adorably cute asian gf :p

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011

16. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Ahh, don't remind me how cute & petite asian chicks are... :)

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    im happy with my computer but as long as stuff like sata600 comes out im not satisfied anymore :p

18. mAX26

mAX26 Member

GPU:
    Powercolor 5850
    I am :)
    Would be even happier with another 5850 :p

19. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    This ancient AthlonXP system is doing fine, especially now the oldest HDD has finally crashed and I was forced to reinstall on the newer, faster one. Been holding out for Bulldozer...

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Wow.
    Which modern games play ok?