Advanced video setting not available in 11.5

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Deckard, May 11, 2011.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    if it was just cod, you could put atiumdag.dll of 11.5 into the game folder if you want to use 11.3 for everything else

3. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    hey guys thanks for the input.

Well Im at a point now of having 11.5 & 11.5 CAP 1 installed all games run fine in full 5760x1080.I still cant get access to my advanced video settings. so the default settings will have to do. I hope its just a reg tweak or something quite straight forward. I have submitted feedback to the CAT team whether it is read or not is a diffrent matter, but I live in hope.

I think im going to stick to whql's from now on.

cheers for the help everyone.

regards

Deck.

:)

4. dbgarza

dbgarza Guest

GPU:
    Ati HD 3560 AGP 512 MB
    You aren't the only one with that problem, I have the same problem too with Catalyst 11.5

I have a Radeon HD 3600 series and with the old catalyst I had the Avivo settings fully working, but with the catalyst 11.5 I only get the basic video settings working.

Hope they fix that for the next version. Is not the first time that happens though, while searching for a solution for this I did saw that this issue happened on one of the old versions of catalyst too and they fixed it on the next one.

Guess it slipped again this bug.

5. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    At last some one else with the prety same problem..

thank you it was beginning to drive me a bit loopy.. yes please fix amd

thanks

Deck.
    :3eyes:

6. dbgarza

dbgarza Guest

GPU:
    Ati HD 3560 AGP 512 MB
    Yeah, you have extra features on the Advanced Video Color though, I only have Vibrance and Flat Color correction, you besides those two have the video gamma, brighter whites and dynamic range, but that surely is because your video card is of a different model than mine but we both have the same issue with the advanced video color not available as well the advanced video quality too (the settings after the basic video quality settings).

But my card sure is avivo compatible I have the box and it clearly says there that it has the avivo thing, so yeah, AMD needs to fix this issue

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  7. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    I have just re-installed Win 7 on a brand new board/HDD and the problem is still there.

No access to any video controls in cat11.5+ upwards. anything < than 11.5 I have full access to all video settings. this has so far happend to a 5870 / 3600 / .

5770's seem ok as Athlonite said in his earlier post.

It appears that the problem is quite isolated. But its not my OS and certainly not my cards. as 11.4 gives me access.

It started with the new AMD Vision Control Center GUI design/layout, that change has somehow locked my cards out of these settings. Could it be the model number is missing out of the .inf for avivo? I dont know, my knowledge of video drivers & .inf is very limited.

I dont have a twitter account and refuse to join twitter just to tell Cat Maker Andrew D that there is a problem but It may be my only option. I have submitted feedback to the driver team and hope they notice. thats is pretty much all I can do unless anyone has any more ideas ?

cheers

Deck.

8. wweeii

wweeii New Member

Try disable "Enforce Smooth Video Playback"

9. talis

talis Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 380 GAMING 4G
    I had this problem, in addition to any driver above 11.3 causing the center monitor in my EyeFinity set up to become seriously green tinted. It made it look like either the monitor or the video card was going bad.

I fixed both the video settings and the green tint by going to "My Digital Flat-Panels", selecting my center monitor from the drop down menu, and disabling the "Use Extended Display Identification Data (EDID)". Once this was disabled I regained access to the advanced video features, and the green tint went away. Hooray!

Going to change my resolution now and hope that the change sticks. XD

EDIT: Hm, nope, it doesn't look like they stuck. The options are available in single monitor mode (mirrored, in the case of multiple monitors) but they become disabled once switching to an EyeFinity group.

Thankfully the green tint is still gone, though, so I can live with without these other options for now. Anyway, I'll leave this information here in case it helps someone else.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  10. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    AMD have broken the EDID option since Catalyst 10.10. I have a pink hue when the EDID option is checked. Catalyst 10.9 is the last driver that works fine with EDID option. :whip:

11. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    If anyone has a twitter account contact Andrew D cat Creator tell him about this, I dont twit or facepaste, filthy software...

regards

Deck.

12. talis

talis Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 380 GAMING 4G
    Ah, I wasn't aware of that. That definitely explains things. :giggle2:

13. vodanh

vodanh Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 4890 1GB
    using catalyst 11.11 on my ASUS ATI 4890 1GB . missing my "digital vibrance" option from nvidia days, which was then on ATI as color vibrance. It was greyed out under Video Settings.

Disabling : "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" Enabled the Color Vibrance option among many other options.