AMD Catalyst 11.5a Hotfix (8.85.6 RC5 - May 25)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 25, 2011.

1. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    Just curious. Did you add a CAP with the new drivers? If so you might try it without any CAPs

2. CYG

CYG Guest

GPU:
    2* 6950 2GB Modded CF
    I have a huge problem with Dirt 3, i get a checkered pattern on the screen very often, anyone else have this problem?

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    You have 5700 series mate :)

4. pancakes

pancakes Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5870M
    Whoops, I put in the wrong number when I was registering, my bad. I guess I should fix that.

I can assure you that I actually do have a 5870M, which should be supported.

5. Wag

Wag Member

GPU:
    2GB 6950 Tri-Fire
    Yep. Same problem- lens flare bug. Tri-Crossfire unlocked 6950s.

Also it still slows down when I start a conversation. Sometimes it speeds up to normal speeds during a conversation, but for the most part it is laggy and slow. With Tri-Crossfire unlocked 6950s I should be fine- I should probably be able to use Ubersampling as well.

6. mercury228

mercury228 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 ti
    Yeah I do not have any CAP installed, and it is still doing it. god I hope the patch resolves this because other wise I would be running this game perfectly. I have not tried a conversation yet, I hope that does not happen for me, oh well.

7. pancakes

pancakes Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5870M
    Hmm, I've tried literally everything I possibly can, and it will not work. I removed all my ATI drivers beforehand, uninstalled the stupid install manager, installed it again, ran it, and it installed everything but the graphics driver. The useless audio driver I didn't need, the WMV9 codec no one uses, etc. I found the driver manually in the installer, tried to install it that way, but it just tells me to open the catalyst installer. When I open the catalyst installer, it tells me everything has been installed already, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER INSTALLED.

AMD really screwed the pooch on this update, guessing I'm going with nvidia for my next computer. =/

Edit: On the upside, removing AMD's Catalyst Control Center improved performance by 4fps in The Witcher 2. It seems like AMD's software only causes problems. Those guys should stick to hardware and outsource the software/firmware to someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  8. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Which installer did you download and use from the first post?

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  9. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    these cause dirt3 not to exit when exiting the game , did not have it the last hotfix

10. pancakes

pancakes Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5870M
    I used the first link, the Windows 7 installer.

11. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd

you might as well give up...that dont work either.
    the only true way to get away from all these bugs and bull crap is to get a x360 or ps3 (well minus the psn which was brought to its knees the other week)

anyhow if you get a console and this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Mouse-Keyboard-Converter-Playstation-3/dp/B0040UAYI4

or

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=ps3+mouse+and+keyboard+converter&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15800591341146354390&sa=X&ei=4rHdTf2ECYLqgQfCteTOCg&sqi=2&ved=0CEYQ8wIwAQ#

or

http://gizmodo.com/349652/xfps-mouse-and-keyboard-adapter-now-available-for-ps3

then you will be good to go and you can save all this hassle of "trying" to get these games to work like they are supposed to and then can actually work on gaming instead of troubleshooting.

im not going to do it with this generation of consoles but you can bet that the next gen will be the ones to do it with.

i will not make the same mistake again and wait 6 years for the consoles to leave DX9

what are we (pc people) going to have till wait until the consoles get upgraded this time (DX14)?

12. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Do we need to install a Catalyst Application Profile with these? Or do they contain one that is up to date?

13. wrobles3D

wrobles3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    It's up to date, Although there will be a new CAP in the next few days

14. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Turn off Ambient Occlusion. The visual difference is almost impossible to notice, and the performance gain from turning it off was amazing.

I was running the game maxed out on a single 5770 (AO OFF), and now I can try out crossfire with these drivers.

Thanks Wrobles3D!

15. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    CatalystCreator Andrew D
    Yes the 11.5b hotfix does include support for Radeon Mobility

16. dracis

dracis Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    Tried both these and hotfix b drivers and mouselag is still happening. Absolutely removed all traces of AMD drivers from my system as well (twice), and it's still there. This is ridiculous.

I seriously don't think it's ever going to be fixed since people have been reporting it since November of LAST YEAR.

SEVEN freakin' months waiting for a fix for this and it's still there. Damn the driver support is so piss poor for ATi. I refuse to turn off mouse shadows as a temp fix when they should be fixing it at the driver level. It's their damn fault. Seven freakin' months and still nothing. Just so sick and tired of ATi's driver issues. Great cards, but driver support is freakin appalling.

17. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Instead of sitting there moaning for 7 months surely it's easier to just turn off mouse shadows.

Rocket science....this is not.

18. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    I wish either nvidia or amd buy one another, that way at least pc games will have less problems..

19. mejobloggs

mejobloggs Member

GPU:
    4850@700/1000
    Thought I'd installed 11.5a, but it turns out that was the plain 11.5

11.5a fixed my mouse lag!! Excellent

Currently have 0 AMD driver issues :)

20. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    i sure am glad you clarified last year...i might have thought you meant this year.
    :)