Feds to Mandate Black Box on all New Cars

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Taint3dBulge, May 25, 2011.

1. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    lol hf sueing the feds :)

don't think this is going to happen though, useless cost on their part

2. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    I'd just rip the device off.

3. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    lol what about bikes?

4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I don't see an issue with this.. from what I gather the data erases itself after the ignition is turned off and started back up when you turn the car back on. So it's really only recording data as you drive, so when a wreck happens and you die (so why does it matter at that point what the hell you did in it) they can figure out exactly what happened to help make a safer vehicle. As for the video cams, I don't see a need for this..you really only need to know velocity and other data the car produces along with injuries and damage done from the outside all of which is taken into account now when a accident is investigated.

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
  6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I do not want that thing. GPS tracting the speed you are travelling and the exact location + all other info, like the people around you (in cars, bikes, etc around you) or inside your car.

Do they give all this data to police or to covernment ? How about stuff which gets hacked and tracks your location so hitman can come and kill you at the middle of nowhere ?

7. PortBaron

PortBaron Guest

GPU:
    2x SLI gtx 580
    The next step is getting automated tickets. The box detects you going over the speed limit for the area, it sends a message to the databank, and in 2 weeks you got a $400 fine.

8. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    If you're important enough to have hitmen after you, I'd hope you were smart enough to disable a tracking device that you know is in your car...

9. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Unrealistic.. Last time I checked on any of my vehicles I was able to unplug any wire I wanted to so keep that in mind.

10. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I dont have a car and my bike doesnt have tracking device. :p

And I did not say that current cars send data, just that I dont want device which sends place location to cars which are coming in few years (or at some point in the future).

About hitmans using place location info, there are important people or just people who others want to get rid of. Some who owe cash to drug dealers and so on.

Aye, as long as car doesnt check if that stuff is connected or not. Not a big deal to program cars computer not to let car start without that.

Last edited: May 25, 2011

11. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Not if its a tiny box with enough battery for 20+ years.

Tiny ucontroller consistently in sleep mode with ISR's can last for decades.

12. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I think it's extremely realistic.There's no end to what the government will try to make money from, and we all know technology evolves.It may not be the case today, but if it's possible, it will be the case tomorrow.
    Yes you might be able to unplug things, but you'll have a hell of a time driving the vehicle without them.

13. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
  14. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    if it's on the car I'll find it.. you don't seem to know vehicles very well or work on them much I can guess.

15. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Simple way to bypass these types of things such as those that won't start without seatbelt clicked.. lol welcome to the USA!

16. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    The way i drive?!!
    No way!!!

I cant remember the last time i checked if the white line was full or not when i overpassed the divers in front of me......
    And the turn lights?
    I hardly use the right one.......

17. pmanipole

pmanipole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    welcome to the 4th Reich....

i do not trust the Govt. we are slowly losing are rights. they chip a-little bit every year. i think the founding fathers should of had a reset put into the Constitution, every hundred years would of worked.

18. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    No I do not know vehicles very well. I know my electronics though.

What I do know if its going to be federally mandated your going to need a ton of luck to find it and if I designed the black box it would be designed with anti tampering code.

The point being new cars are electronically controlled so there is no point fighting it.

19. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    The blackbox should only read speed, turning, weight shifts, and points of impact with hit times. **** off if a camera is going into my vehicle unless i put it there.

20. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Got something to hide?

LOL "ok".

What rights are being violated here?

p.s, got a good lol out of your "are rights".