Fable 3 (PC)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JC[UK], Mar 12, 2010.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Under 'Effects Detail' here are the results:
    Very Low - Seemingly nothing
    Reasonable - Enables AA
    Normal - Enables that annoying bloom
    High - Dunno, possibly does something with the depth of field since those are the only 3 things it mentions

I'm just going to leave that at very low since I like to force my own filters so I can get the result I want with minimum resource impact and I don't like the bloom. Though having enhanced depth of field would have been nice, too bad MS are dicks and dumbed it down all into one option for the standard full-retard derp with an Xbox.

Turning up texture quality will enable AF. Since I don't know at what point it stops increasing texture resolution, and enables AF instead, I won't touch that option and just leave it at very high. What's the worst? It'll use low AF instead of 16X.

The shadows are a huge hit to resources, even the very lowest 'Reasonable' setting but it just looks wrong without shadows. The highest uses the typical soft shadows which kick video cards in the nuts.

So my recommendation is to max every setting except their effects and shadows then to manually fore whatever filter you like over it.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    this game has everything a PC gamer needs.. a good PORT if u ask me..

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've reached there and the game still manages 30 fps for me. If I could just disable the damn vomit-inducing motion-blur then I'd be happy with the game.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    An overly negative point of view, followed by an overly positive one lol.

Sometimes I think people like me who sit somewhere in the middle are a dying breed.

I actually might get this game, something about it looks quite enjoyable, even if it is on a basic level.

Darren, is the motion blur that bad, usually it helps for games running at 30fps.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i know i have issues with my eyes but interestingly i dont see any disturbing BLUR or eye hurting issues while in VSYNC is off..but thats me..

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Put it this way, I don't normally mind motion-blur but in this game it makes the graphics look like they're lagging really badly and/or they're out of focus. Screenshots I've taken show a triple/quadruple layered ghosting effect around moving people and objects. I'll see I can post a screenshot later. But, yeah, it's pretty bad but likely exactly the same as the 360 version. :puke2:

And the higher the framerate, the less you'll notice the motion-blur anyway so that's why you're not seeing it with v-sync off. Thank god this game doesn't run at 15 fps, imagine how bad it would look then?? :3eyes:

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Edit: Nevermind, I just converted the images to compressed jpgs to make them under 1.5MB, I'll start posting thumbnails now.

All details maxed except for shadows set to 'Reasonable' (the lowest which actually still seems to be soft shadows anyway! :3eyes:) and of course the effect settings which is what will differ between the screenshots.

'Very Low' - 180fps and seemingly no AA/effects:
    [​IMG]

'Reasonable' - 165fps, enables AA with a very small hit to resources:
    [​IMG]

'Normal' - 142fps, a 23 frame hit for the annoying bloom effect:
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure what high would be, possibly motion blur or enhanced depth of field but it has no resource hit while stationary, whatever it is.

Right now I'm trying to force different types of AA on it with the in-game AA off but so far it's not working. 2xMSAA screwed up menus, didn't seem to have any affect and dropped the fps lower than the in-game AA's 165fps.

Anyway, what does that in-game AA look like to you guys? 4xMSAA?

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, it looks like 4xMSAA but, as I mentioned earlier, the Video options in the game folder refer to it as Temporal AA, something you ATI card owners should be familiar with! ;)

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Well I tried every method of AA and none work except for MLAA but that won't work properly because even that is enabled with some level of MSAA, 2X minimum so that glitches the game.

Not even super sampling works. Or at least RadeonPro is unable to force these things on it.

You give it a shot Darren, let's see if you can force anything on the game without it spazzing out.

Worst case scenario we'd have to use the in-game AA which is not too shabby. Seemingly 4x filtering is okay, I suppose.

Also, could it be the temporal AA that's giving it motion blur? The description makes it sound like it does that.

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    0x004000C1 is apparently the flag to use to force AA on NVIDIA cards so I'll try it now and post some pics.

11. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I've just have a black kid with my white wife lol

The games mediocre imo, but theres a certain charm to it that is keeping me playing. Enjoyed Fable 1 more.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    how u sure that CHILD is from U!? ;)

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
  14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Lol, it would have been funny if they included a cheating system. As I mentioned the child is born white but has a random chance of becoming black when it gets older.

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    You can make the NPCs in the game cheat on their spouses. I've slept with numerous married women in the game. I even got an STD from one.

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I meant your own spouse cheat on you. Baby born black when you're white and the mother is white too? The hunt begins. Lol.

17. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    I just upgraded to the latest nVidia firmware... massive performance increase in this game FYI

18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    A driver is not firmware... I'm still waiting for a driver update from AMD to improve performance, assuming it ever comes.

19. Swylen

Swylen Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 570GTX OC
    UG broke it.

I went from a 295gtx to a 570GTX for future DX11 only games and everything looks a little better but FABLE 3. It does actually look better but can't handle multiple mobs at all. It lags almost to a halt. I tried all kinds of drivers and grabbed the latest dx builds. Nothing has helped.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    iam using previous BETA drivers and i have no issues. everything is fine. just for notice.