CAT epic fail in witcher2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mao5, May 17, 2011.

1. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    Sure that grass isn't always greener, there are Nvidia problems as well with SLI, I think the move to a single GPU is in order, unfortunately for ATI, Nvidia usually keep the crown with fastest single GPU, all the high end configs I've had with ATI have relied on Crossfire and while it's been a smoother ride than back in the days of the 7950GX2 it's still not acceptable.

The switch to nvidia is more about denying ATI sales at this point, I'm angry with them and lost sales due to bad support should be encouragement for them to try harder in future.

2. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    I have my rig running this game with ubersampling on at 1080p and I am getting around 25fps up to 45fps. I finally got the dirt 3 / AFR profile working and I am using the DRM free version of the game. The cards are only running at 50%, so I am optimistic that once they implement a new driver and updates to the game I should be able get the game running at max settings + ubersampling with at least 40 fps.

Everyone whining about ATI.. you realize things are just as bad in different ways on the other side. If you are going to use two cards it requires alot of tweaking for each game, it would be nice if vid cards and sli/crossfire were more user friendly, but it's not and they have the only games in town.

3. Anvirol

Anvirol Member

GPU:
    HD7970
    Overclocked GTX 580 probably delivers a lot better performance in this game than semi-functional CFX set, so it's not totally unwarranted to change. TWIMTBP. :)

Btw. is there any AMD vs nVidia Witcher 2 performance reviews anywhere?

4. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430456

Scroll down to benchmarks on the OP.

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure my xfire 5870s are going to be more powerful than a single OC 580gtx. The single card 580 might be able to run this game better for the first two weeks it is out, but then again, I got this baby humming on unoptimized drivers. I have it at max settings with ubersampling on and I am getting 25-40 fps.

5. samr33

samr33 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 ti Amp E
    sigh~ i tried to reinstall the game~ and now i cant even get the game updated~ i keep getting connection error~ i already turn off the fire wall and anti virus~ its driving me mad~

6. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Not true. Single card users are suffering performance issues with Witcher 2 also. Equivalent Nvidia cards are getting better performance, 20-50% better. I have a HD5870M and it's better than a 460M but 460M users are able to play at 1080 with custom high settings. I'm playing at 720p, 1080p is a no go. But I don't mind, game looks amazing even at 720p on this laptop screen with SSAO and everything enabled except Uber/Motion Blur.

AMD knows this also.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  7. mysteriomp

mysteriomp Member

GPU:
    5770 CF
    Their servers are down preparing to release the new patch! Its posted on the witcher 2 site.

8. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Here you can download the patch according to your version:
    http://www.en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/20/

9. samr33

samr33 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 ti Amp E
    oh~ so thats the reason~ thx for the info dude~
    i hope this patch can fix the problems~

Here you can download the patch according to your version:
    http://www.en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/20/

and thx for the link bud~

10. Faruk

Faruk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Noctua 4080
    catalystcreator;

11. sfdmark

sfdmark Active Member

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080ti OC
    Probably mentioned here, but is not hurting anyone to say it again: Use radeonPro utility, choose Dirt2 profile under tweaks Tab-->Croosfire X Tweaks.
    Furthermore, choose MVPU mode AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering).

Works good, no flashing textures at least with 6990 and the frame rate with ultra settings (Uber sampling off) is very good. The game is very playable no problems whatsoever. Take a look at this thread as well:http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=344632&page=3

12. WDeranged

WDeranged Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
    Maybe it's different for 5000 series cards but the Dirt2 profile only corrected the stutter, sure I could get 60fps solid if I looked at the ground or at one of the (gorgeous) backdrops, but as soon as NPC's appear and fighting starts FPS plummets into the mid 20's.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No, please cancel it AMD, teach all these whinging ***** a lesson, they've done nowt but slag you off for weeks, just tell em all to GET TO **** :D

14. sfdmark

sfdmark Active Member

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080ti OC
    Yes, you are probably right, it is different for 5970. I forgot to mention that the workaround was for 69xx series.

15. WDeranged

WDeranged Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
    Whinging ***** who paid a lot of money for a premium quality card and got bargain basement tech support :D

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    You know whats going to happen, the driver will do **** all, and everyone will be back to slagging em :p

17. ai-man

ai-man Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080 Strix
    lol i'm betting a 2fps increase

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Good grief...finally someone spoke up about it. 5xxx owners, keep it together while we wait for a new driver.

19. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    I have my rig running this game without ubersampling on at 1080p and I am getting around 25fps up to 45fps. The cards are only running at 99%.. strange... i should get maximum fps !

I saw that my two GPUs are reaching 92c... so i cranked the fan speed.

20. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    Had just about killed the Kayran and the game crashed to launcher. Nooo. Now it's race to see if 1.1 patch is released before the hotfix.