Cooler Master HAF X - OR - Corsair 600T White ?!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by OllieIcon, May 21, 2011.

?

Cooler Master HAF X - OR - Corsair 600T White

1. Cooler Master HAF X

55.9%
  2. Corsair 600T White

44.1%
  1. OllieIcon

OllieIcon Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD Radeon 5970
    Guys, i currently have the Thermaltake M9. I don't really like it and its way to small.

I like these two cases a lot. I want good cooling and look. And they both have it, and cost about the same..

Cooler Master HAF X
    [​IMG]

OR

Corsair 600T White
    [​IMG]

Which do you think i should get?

More info:

Cooler Master HAF X
    http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6653

Corsair 600T White
    http://www.corsair.com/cases/graphite-series/special-edition-white-graphite-series-600t-mid-tower-case.html

Thanks, Ollie :)

2. JmanEspresso

JmanEspresso Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX980 FTW
    Even though the Corsair Cases have WONDERFUL cable management, and I do kinda like the look of the 600T a bit more..

Id go with the HAf X, simply because its a full tower. Ive owned and built in both mids and full towers, and for me, Ill be using Full Towers from now on, thats for darn sure. So much more room to work with, not having to worry about whether or not components will fit, plus adding internal water cooling, if you want to, is definitely doable in a full tower. It'll be a little tight in a mid tower, even a larger one like the 600T.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    it depends on your taste really. both have tons of space. both can be fitted for water cooling. the only thing that i can see the haf-x has over the 600t is the additional fan on the side panel.

but if i would of known then what i know now, i would of waited and got the 600t instead of getting the haf-x. and thats purely because im a corsair fan.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Corsair 600T, it simply looks nicer. It has a "slick" look to it.

5. Larry!

Larry! Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 295
    The 600t without a doubt, everyone has the haf X. I'm so tired of seeing all these amazing rigs all in the same mainstream chassis.

6. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    The Haf X, not only because it gives you more space to work with but also because it gives your airflow more space to work with. It looks like a cheap toy next to a Lian Li PC-P80N because that's exactly what it is but overheated hardware looks even worse so that's why.

7. Larry!

Larry! Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 295
    You make a good point for sure. I would never knock the hafX I just think it's over-used, Every new rig in here someone builds is in that case. I'm sure because it's good however there is a reason everyone doesn't drive the same car in the same color. Beyond cooling alone your case should say something about you it should fit your style. Me I prefer the elegant polished look of Lian Li but some people prefer more radical looks like the level 10gt.

To the O.P. what is your budget for a case? There are options that provide as good of cooling as the hafX but generally at a higher price.

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
  9. OllieIcon

OllieIcon Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD Radeon 5970
    Thanks for contributing, my budget would be max about £150

10. OllieIcon

OllieIcon Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD Radeon 5970
    Thanks for your contribution mate :)

11. OllieIcon

OllieIcon Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD Radeon 5970
    I agree, the corsair 600T does look very slick, but the HAF X has that kind of robotic wildness to it

12. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    HAF-X.

Functionality over style.

13. OllieIcon

OllieIcon Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD Radeon 5970
    But the 600T does have that little spinner to change fan rpm...?

14. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    The HAF-X is an awesome case, simply put. Can't go wrong with it. Everything runs really cool, it's pretty quiet, plenty of space for drives, hot-swap drive bays, what more do you need?

15. OllieIcon

OllieIcon Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD Radeon 5970
    Yeah i agree, but the 600T is just soo slick D:

16. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    The 600T is a nice case but tbh I think white would look a bit tacky after a while, that and white plastic fades over time, remember our old cream boxes?

17. LordJummy

LordJummy Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire "6970" 980/1400
    I sold my HAF-932 a couple days ago. They really aren't that great honestly. The plastic also feels really cheap and breakable. My new 800D is light years ahead of the HAF in quality, usability, and looks.

The 600T is beautiful, and functional. I would definitely get it over the HAF-X.

18. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    And then when everyones goes 600T...then what?

Personally, I think the best case is one you don't see everyday, just like cars. I never buy cases (for myself) that are common.

19. LordJummy

LordJummy Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire "6970" 980/1400
    I don't see it like that, because unless you go to LAN parties or something who is going to see your case really? It's not like we take our towers with us everyday in public.

I just like whatever looks best and works best personally, and if everyone else has it then you probably chose a good one. That's not true 100% of the time but most often people are buying it for a reason.

On the other hand I understand wanting something unique and different than everyone else. It gives some people a sense of individuality etc. To me I think it's more interesting to take the same thing everyone has and make it your own by changing it to your own liking. To each his own though.

20. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Neither, both fugly.