Witcher 2 technical issues

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, May 17, 2011.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i meant now you don't have to remove 3dvision - it doesn't cripple your perf. like before when it could get activated by default.

2. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

if you have a 7.1 speakers change your config to 5.1 or 4 speakers or stereo will fix the sound probleme
    i have the same probleme and i fix it with this solution , i know Its annoying to play with stereo setup but i wait for a fix or patch to enjoy again my 5.1 setup

3. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Strange.. when I was fighting mobs.. my keyboard wouldn't respond, nor my mouse; the screen would be fixed and won't move. Although I can move my character.. not sure if I went into "menu mode" and not "attack mode" - hard to explain tho.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i had to remove 3dvision, or not install it at all , it cripples my performance. its not fixed.
    are you running it on your 260 ?

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Can't it be disabled though like from a service or similar if not from the NVIDIA control panel directly?

Though if you don't have 3D equipment using a custom install and deselecting it from being installed might be even better. :)

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    dunno havent checked tbh. just uninstalled it :)

7. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    same here must be a bug

8. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I compared that as well (Own the GoG version.) without the SecuROM wrap (And the poor way the nocd handles things making it even worse.) the load times are reduced to about ten seconds, no framerate difference here however. :)

10. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Well, actually I've just reported this info here from another forum, didn't try it yet (i don't have the game :bang: :D ). Anyway, it's useful to reduce startup times, at least... :)

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    No no I meant that for me there are no performance improvements, there have been numerous reports of the minimum framerate rising by up to 10 FPS though I find that a bit difficult to believe but there are a large number of similar reports stating it does increase performance so it must have some effect and not just the load times.
    (SecuROM is initialized at start-up or emulated - thus slower - via a so called "loader" method to bypass it compared to GoG which is using a fully DRM free implementation thus don't require this, it is a rather early version of the newest type of SecuROM though - SecuROM 8, those extra files along with the game exe - but it should not affect the game much at all when it's running and have passed validation.)

12. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Unplayable for me because of frameskipping. Is this happening to anyone else?

13. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Any word on the 16:9 only aspect ratio thingie? Starting to take the piss..

14. wisitor

wisitor Master Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 713/1728/1000

yes same problem here i see we have same CPU. i overclocked mine from 3.16 to 4.13ghz to fix this issue. its playable now
    game seem to rely alot on cpu coz no mather what gpu options i use from verly low to highest i get same fps ingame...

15. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    guys I use SSD OCZ velcoity which has 280Mb read/Write for all My games in Steam Client Specially Witcher 2.

as I read I see people talking about long loading times. with my SSD When i Run witcher 2 I just press Mouse button quickly to skip ads and then load my save and all that dont take me more than 4 Seconds! no long loading time!! and if no one believe me I can Make a Video with Stop watch to count the Seconds till I am playing with no problems!

guys am serious 4 seconds and am in the game playing with my old pal Geralt of rivia.

16. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Sounds like another issue. I doubt this is caused by the CPU.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    looks like the game was released in quite a buggy state...

18. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Noone who has heard about a fix or workaround for this rediculous 16:9 hardlocked ratio?

19. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Getting 45-110 fps mostly around 55-70 fps.

1200p

All on ultra / maxed minus ubersampling and bloom ( don't like the overdone effect at all ).

Don't think I have seen any normal scene lower then 55 fps to be frank, mostly hang around 60-63 sometimes shooting up towards 75-90 fps.

GPU utilization around 75-99% ( this could be more consistent imo, doesn't jojo like but on some less bussy scenes it drops down to 70-80% ).

Using 275.27 3dpack uninstalled, x16 af forced in NVCP.

Only annoyance I have with the game is the letterboxes, ruins alot, I mean might aswell have gotten a smaller screen it feels.

/edit

Thought I'd post since we got basically the same system, HW wise.

20. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Agreed. Metro 2033 was just feces, literally. The entire game looked like it was smeared with feces everywhere. ME2 better graphics with UE3? That has to be a joke, it's not even a good UE3 visuals, Batman AA is still the best UE3 I've seen and it's not as good as Witcher 2. BioWare doesn't even bother to provide high res textures for armor, it looks like rubbish. Crysis 2 didn't even use POM and textures were not the best, everything is flat. This guy's opinion on graphics is not to be trusted.