The Witcher 2 - Need Sli Profile

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Pey, May 17, 2011.

1. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    SLI scales for me with Ubersampling but not without.When pressing ctrl to bring up menu all of the effects are still on screen and the framerate doubles. This has been the case for at leaset 4 others with my set up. Cut scenes are also working in SLI.
    In reply to post above, with a single card pressing the ctrl does nothing to framerate infact it stays the same, only in SLI does the framerate go up for some of us by 90%.

2. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    There is no SLI compatibilty bits section in my nVidia Inspector's Wither 2 profile...why?

3. Psycho101

Psycho101 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 SLI @ 850/4100
    Inspector needs to be run with admin privilages, otherwise whole sections of the profile options are missing.

4. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    When you unzipped nvidia inspector you also need to unzip the custom profile xml, I also made this mistake.

5. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+

On High or Ultra/Maxed settings? I had everything maxed out.

Edit: also, what driver version? Also, were you using the sli fix mentioned above?

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  6. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Ok, I was all maxed out except ubersampling(which for some reason does work with sli but still too low fps)1920, 1080 and using beta driversd 275 with default bits.The custom bits did nothing at all for me.
    I must add however, 2 hours in the framerate does get alot better and so does sli slightly.I was avg 75 fps most of the time but using the ctrl teseting method that showed I could be getting 130fps.
    When you get to flatsom off the boat however the framerate is a little lower and strangly the ctrl menu trick only makes around 10fps difference on that level??

7. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+

With everything maxed except for ubersampling I get 85-90 FPS average. Spikes up to 120 and the minimum is 70. Still, holding CTRL doesn't do anything to my FPS.

8. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    I just don't understand this. It seems yours is working and mine is not although we have similar set ups I think.(your cpu is beefier than mine)

9. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+

So, with everything maxed, but with ubersampling off, you get ~50 fps, and ~80 when you press CTRL? Have you checked GPU usage in these two scenarios? My guess is that you have ~50% usage on both GPU's and it goes to ~100% when you hit CTRL. Which is weird.

We definitely need a real SLI profile. I don't think the differences in our CPU's is affecting this at all.

10. GoldenDrako

GoldenDrako Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 460 sli 768mb 840mhz
    I don't get the SLI problem?!

Well I have gtx460 768mb in SLI and I just about get 99% usage always!! All settings maxed out but not uber. NV control panel settings AAF 8x, AA 16x-CSAA, LOD bias Clamp, Texture filtering-HQ, threaded optimation-on, power management-Prefer max performance. and GPU mem usage is normally around 550-600MB, GPU damn near 99% always. Fans at auto!! :banana: And get around 100FPS +- 15-20 AND I AM NOT USING NVIDIA INSPECTOR!!

Last edited: May 19, 2011

11. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    sir ur GPUs from future! :) holy fps... resolution pls?

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  12. braudrist

braudrist Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Suprim
    I'd like to see some proof of your 100fps on that rig. Anyways, I tried the Nvidia Inspector SLI profile trick someone mentioned earlier, and it seems that I got it working here when I uninstalled the 3D Stereo vision driver & controller.

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I do not buy it either.

14. nomec

nomec Active Member

He's obviously full of carp because I tried enabling AA through the nvidia inspector with it turned off in game and it does not work.

15. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Wow, time to trade my 580's in for some 460's..
    I have no sli whatsoever at the moment and cannot for the life of me get the inspector bits to work, tried everything. Some can get it to make a huge increase while others like myself cannot. Even bypassed inspector and tried the nvidia tool to export and then import the profiles, rolled back drivers and everything and then back to betas but it just wont work ... arghhh
    I must be doing something wrong surely if some can get it to make an improvement?

16. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    WOW! is that it? Mine can go 800 FPS AND I AM NOT USING NVIDIA INSPECTOR!!

17. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Is there a chance that the people having luck getting SLI working could also have the GOC digital version, the only version without DRM?

18. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+

I got the SLI fix to work and my version is on Steam.

19. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Every time the character climbs a ladder or any time an animation takes over like climbing ledges sli kicks in 100% then after move returns to normal, this must be easily fixed.

20. SwiftDragon

SwiftDragon Active Member

GPU:
    HOF gtx980ti
    One thing I notice is SLI doesn't work in the cutscenes at all it seems, gameplay is 50-60fps all maxed except uber and then the cutscenes will bog down to 20-30 fps.

all in all very strange, considering the graphics are exactly the same in cutscenes.

game kicks ass anyway.