Catalyst 11.5a & Battlefield BC2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Isbre, May 15, 2011.

1. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    more optimized? the vietnam maps have less 'stuff' in them, & more hills so you dont get to see the full map as easily except that farm/swamp one

i find i hit some kind of cpu limitation based on amount of players & amount of world detail/objects where turning off AO or resolution (or other gpu related things like AA) make no change in the minimum fps

so you're saying you see actual slowdowns on vanilla maps when AO, shadows, & effects are put back up? (with world still at medium)

also vsync is a personal preference, it doesnt affect the fps in bc2, in fact it makes it smoother since the tearing is gone (mouselag is another story, the game has its own lag internally that may be a little more obvious when vsync is on)

oh & blackops, i dont have it myself yet, but i wonder if the replay feature is causing problems just like GTA4's replay feature was causing big slowdowns & stutters there

2. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb

yeah vietnam is definitely lower polygon count and complexity than BC2

regarding my settings posted above(original BC2 only): i dont see slowdowns, i see SLIGHTLY sluggish framerate (maybe like 15-20 fps difference) compared to my settings (i have better scores with my settings, compared to all high in BC2)

with vietnam , it doesnt matter, everything maxed is fine

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  3. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Same here I have 5770 all good.:banana:

4. MrSean490

MrSean490 Guest

GPU:
    ref. Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Yeah BC2 has always sort of had this weird jittering issue even since I got the game.

5. codex

codex Member

GPU:
    MSI Frozr II 2xHD6950 2Gb
    In Crossfire mode I getting ~50 fps and in single card mode its about ~100 fps
    My rig is: i7 2600K, CF 6950 (11.5a + latest CAP profiles), 8Gb RAM, Win 7 Ultimate x64
    I tried to uninstall ATI software through control panel and Device manager. It doesn't help :/

Some registry tweaks maybe ? What about Visual Studio 2010 ? Does it realy conflicts with ATI software ?

6. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Ok its not just me than with bc2 issues, im getting the same issues with crossfire on and off. With just 1 6950 im getting awesome fps..best performance since 10.5a drivers on my old 4870x2.. but with crossfire on i get absolutely terrible fps, like really bad negative cf scaling.. like in a full refresh of a server browser window its 45fps single gpu, cf on its like 12-15fps..u can imagine in game lol.

Thought it might be my system needing a OS reinstall.. also getting similar issues with starcraft2.. sometimes it just throttles itself to 35-40fps max for no reason.

7. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    I duno where u guys are going wrong,i dont have the best computer in yet i get great performance on BC2 even tho i have an SSD now i still install BC2 on the Raid0 partition of my 2 Samsung F3's but even before the SSD i didnt really have a problem. Like i said its Punkbuster that gives me problems but we all know PB is a pile of ****e,everytime that crashes or kicks me out i think i should maybe claim my money back from the game.
    How is peoples connection speeds here? i have 30mb download and 3mb upload and usually have a decent ping but a friend of mine has a terrible ping and lags really badly. I even made a video of his lag here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCOA2LmY-pA :p

8. Murjuk

Murjuk Guest

GPU:
    HD 6950
    PB is buggy, if you have tuneup utilities installed stop Tuneup Utilities service. PB uses high amount of CPU and tuneup closes it and server kicks you. There are other programs can be problem with PB (Process optimisers like Process Lasso). I read that changing priority of pnkbstrA / B executables to high fixes kick problem too.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  9. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    this is incredibly terrible

i still wish guru3d would INVESTIGATE GPU Scaling with Nvidia and AMD.

this is really terrible for us gamers who spend all this money on these gaming rigs.
    you would think GURU3D would look out for its "People" instead of looking out for the "Video Card Makers"

with all these problems being reported over "YEARS AND YEARS" you would think GURU3D could at least Acknowledge these problems and report to its users about not getting an extra gpu card for CFX or SLI.

here is what i get with 11.5a may 16th
    http://photobucket.com/g33unit

10. codex

codex Member

GPU:
    MSI Frozr II 2xHD6950 2Gb
    What is funny is when I look onto sky, both of my GPUs are loaded (90% & 60%) and fps is rising up to ~150. As soon as I look down one of GPUs become idle and fps drops.

11. ultra5711

ultra5711 Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan on Agua
    Same issue here with 6950s crossfired, runs like absolute crap, so I only use 1 and get frames in the 50's on an eyefinity 4800x1200 setup. no vsync, no hbao, AA @ 4x, all else maxed

12. Dymblos

Dymblos Guest

GPU:
    GTX570
    i have installed 11.5 whql

11.5a need be installed over the whql??
    or i must do a new fresh install??

13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    hotfixes are exactly the same as whql, they have their own installers & everything, they have no relation to the whql being installed or not

you install them the way you always prefer to install your drivers

i myself install overtop, but if you like to do fresh installs, do a fresh install

14. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    please dont turn this thread into a "how do i install a hotfix thread"

get back on topic with 11.5a and bfbc2

15. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    The OP of this thread agreed that the issue wasn't driver related and has not posted back since. Here is Isbre last post:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3983714&postcount=7

So there is no topic according to the original post.

Last edited: May 20, 2011

16. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    look at the ops system specs and then look at mine.

we have identical systems almost (right down to the vcards)

anyhow i think he just hasnt troubleshooted CFX enough as there are tons of threads in these forums complaining about CFX and games.

i still have problems with BFBC2 feeling sluggish eventhough there is a high frame rate.

i have learned i think it is the maps Atakama and that big one with the wind mills (Heavy Metal?) i dont play it much but i think its just those 2 maps for that game that have problems in BFBC2 i play alot of the other maps and they play great.

17. N1mmer

N1mmer Member

GPU:
    6970 Xfire

depending on what Res you are running, my best advice would be run one card. I had exact same problems as you and one card drops frames but they rarely go under 40fps @ 25x16 on (1) stk 5870 with everything maxed. Ice smooth...........

18. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    i dont ever dip below 60 with everything maxed out at 1080P BUT
    that dont take the "sluggish" feel away.
    some people describe it as walking in mud.

19. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    2xXFX 5870 "XT" Crossfire
    I got some laggy moments with 11.5a rc2 in bc2 no matter what setting i used.. 11.5a rc3 works great at max settings 1920x1080. No sluggish feeling at all and great fps.

20. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    only play Atacama 32 player map with low ping and start shooting at heli when it is shooting at you