AMD Catalyst Application Profiles 11.5 CAP1 (May 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 12, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Yes I had that issue when I updated from 11.5 Preview to the ones of asder00, then I removed them, used driver sweeper later, and got 11.5a with no CAP's, and they seem to be fine for me....

2. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    No Brink or Crysis 2 improvements. What are they doing? Probably enabled crossfire in some ****e like Barbie or Sims medieval lol.

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI are really lacking in the driver departments might just sell up both my 6970s and go nvidia 590

How long has shift 2 been out now ????? and like the guy said above why are they fixing games that are like 5 years old.

4. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Why would you buy a dual card that has so many chances of blowing up? Not to mention they are capped via drivers.... So you can't really OC it...

If you move, do x2 GTX580's, else, stay with those beast 6970's.

5. DEATHxxHIPPIE

DEATHxxHIPPIE Guest

GPU:
    2 5850's
    Despite the driver snafu's I still have gotten many hours of fun out of my gpu's, might even do a bulldozer/7980 build later on down the line. Just wish Crytek and AMD got along better lol.

6. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    dont get me wrong the cards i have rock, but its the software/drivers side that sucks.
    they can never bring out a game that just works and is optimized dont tell me ati dont get games in advance before release.

there just monkeys at the helm. granted though when the cards do work properly they are uber awesome.

7. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Well ran it on the new cap and ran f1 2010 benchmark and it was about the same. Also gave race 07 a whirl and I have to play with it some more to see if they will ever fix the damn texture lag issue. All in all seem to be solid for the few games I have on my 5970 rig.

I was thinking of upgrading my 470's to the 3gb gtx 580's but I can't justify paying almost $1200 for more ram and clock speed. I really hope I can hold off till the gtx 680 is here and hopefully it ships with no less than 2gb's of gpu ram.

8. syncore

syncore Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    No effect in Brink. Crossfire still disabled. Yay.

9. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Release notes added.

10. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ^^ Crap.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The 590 would only be worth downgrading to, if it didn't blow up, but it does, so id go 2x 580's instead.

13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    so much BS talk

dirt3 is in the DRIVERS, not just caps since 11.4, was in the caps before then, game isnt out still
    shogun2 dx11 is in 11.4, month before the game patch
    dragon age 2 actually ran bad for nv until they updated drivers AFTER release

not every game is gonna be perfect CF before release, not even on nv!

shift2 you use the AFR-FriendlyD3D profile since the game was patched only a couple weeks ago, which is after the build date of 11.5 whql

brink is barely out, probably needs a driver update http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator/status/68770377358249984 instead of a CAP

quit acting like you need to play a game on release day or else you're gonna die

14. syncore

syncore Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    Oh, so it's nice to know that we have to wait ANOTHER MONTH (11.6) for the game to be playable on crossfire. Sorry, but there's a big difference in not being able to play a game properly "on release day" vs. not being able to play it properly FOR A MONTH

15. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i know, but that's brink case, it might be special & require driver changes (still possible to get another hotfix, remember RE5 got one, as did FC2)

other games get their CAP within days, every game is different, welcome to multiple GPUs :eyes:

at least it's not the saboteur, where ati had its drivers ready before release, then the dev changes something & suddenly single cards cant even run the game period! then EA shut down the studio for no reason & luckily they released a beta patch that fixed single cards

16. i'm with kn00tcn on this one - All this knockin' on AMD/ATI when a lot of the time it's actually the devs that haven't added the support in the first place (shift 2 unleashed for eg)

- with the latest shift 2 patch for me the the direct download patch has improved my performance phenominally whereas the first patch which was released a couple weeks back was found to only work on retail dvd versions.

With 11.5a hotfix and no cap running shift 2 with the dvd patch i was only getting 40fps avg and as low as 20fps on mount panarama circuit plus I had flickering textures.

With the same 11.5a hotfix and no cap running shift 2 with the DD patch i am now averaging 80-91 fps and i haven't seen below 75fps on the same track and no flickering what so ever :) now i just need to test the night tracks because they were so low on fps it was unplayable...need to try this out tonight.

If the Devs get it right and add the support prior to launch then 9 times outta 10 amd will optimize support for multigpu.

17. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i wonder about this no CAP talk, all the drivers after 10.2 (when CAPs were first started) install a CAP (.blb) in the windows system folder

so for example i have 11.5whql, the .blb is april 19, which has a very similar filesize to 11.3 CAP 3 & 4

wouldnt that mean every driver comes with its own CAP? or maybe it's just not enabled to load?

18. Yeah I think you're right - as far as I understand with amd drivers they release caps kinda like "hotfixes" but once they are completed and tested fully they embed them into the following driver releases?

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Never ever had any performerance issues with Crysis2 but on the other hand I've never used RadeonPro. My problem has been light source flickering for some time now although the "decrease then increase brightness" fix temporarily solves that problem.

20. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Why would you not use RP? :bang: