**GTX 560 Ti Owners Thread**

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Phragmeister, Jan 27, 2011.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i was able to hit 1000 core @1100mv today. dammit this card gets a little warm lol. even at 65% fan speed, i was hovering around 73c-75c in heaven.

2. hulksmash

hulksmash Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560Ti SOC
    1GHz core @ 1000mV.
    Also 4850MHz on memory.

Idle 28-33c.
    Load 65-70c on Crysis 2 max settings 1080p 55-60fps.

Love this card ^^

3. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    Is there a later version of the stone giant demo?? it was working fine until i got rid of my stock PC case and moved it all to new Aprevia case with side panel fan/ fan speed control/ and temperature sensors.

all of my games work, but this demo just crashes upon loading it.... not sure whatsup, anyone have any suggestions?

4. Restrictednz

Restrictednz Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560ti SOC
    I get my Gigabyte GTX 560 ti SOC 2morows! i can't f'n wait to rape all these ports :)

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    it will too

g/l with it :)

6. hulksmash

hulksmash Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560Ti SOC
    Aye hf ;)

7. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    How is an overclock like this even possible? Memory seems way too high to be stable and 1 GHz on only 1 V seems crazy. It takes me 1.112 V to get 952 MHz on the core and I can't even increase the memory to 4.2 GHz without it becoming unstable.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  8. ColdsnapBryan

ColdsnapBryan Guest

GPU:
    MSI 560
    Hoping someone here can walk me through my problem:

I can't get windows 7 to recognize my receiver as a 5.1 system, It just defaults to stereo under sound devices. I'm connecting my MSI 560GTX through HDMI into my receiver. If I put my receiver in Direct mode its plays stereo so my computer is outputting stereo. If I put it into surround from my receiver it will convert the stereo into 5.1 but it sounds like garbage. How can i get true surround into my receiver?

9. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    cherry picked gpus man. my soc default settings are 1ghz core 4580mhz memory at 1.025V. the sparkle calibre x560 has default settings of 1ghz core 4.8ghz memory. the memory used on these cards is rated at 5ghz iirc. so theoretically it should be stable up to that speed. but im guessing they decreased the default memory speed to increase yield, as in any batch, there are always a few that are unstable at their rated speed.

in the taskbar, right click the speaker icon, click playback devices. left click your receiver once to select it, then in the bottom left of the window, click configure. choose 5.1 surround and test it to see if its working properly.

the only downsides to setting it as 5.1 is that your receiver will detect it as pcm, so you lose dolby pro logic ii and dts:neo6 (or at least i do with my pioneer vsx 920). generally i just leave it on stereo and run pro logic ii for videos. if the video has surround sound, i have powerdvd set to pass-through mode. if im gaming, i'll change it to 5.1 mode. its finicky, but it gets all the speakers working.

10. ColdsnapBryan

ColdsnapBryan Guest

GPU:
    MSI 560
    Thanks for the reply. I tried to do that initially but under audio channels in that menu there is only stereo to be selected... nothing else, I'm guessing 5.1 should be there to be selected.

11. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    what receiver are you using? have you tried any other hdmi ports on the receiver? are you using a mini hdmi to hdmi adapter then hdmi cable or mini hdmi to hdmi cable?

12. ColdsnapBryan

ColdsnapBryan Guest

GPU:
    MSI 560
    Using an Onkyo receiver, fairly good never had any problems. I'm using the mini hdmi to hdmi that came with the gpu, then running a 50' hdmi cable to my tv from there.

Tried all ports on receiver had have same problem

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  13. Ov3rbyte

Ov3rbyte Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 560 Ti - 1010/2020
    Nvm white screen came back but I fixed it I think by updating punkbuster.

14. hulksmash

hulksmash Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560Ti SOC
    What Sever said mate. It came preclocked already at low voltages. A lil bump didn't hurt it much and I've been stable for 3 weeks now.

15. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    thats a long hdmi cable... are you using a hdmi repeater or anything? from what i know, hdmi cables generally dont work well as you start going over 5m.

16. ColdsnapBryan

ColdsnapBryan Guest

GPU:
    MSI 560
    Yea, that's what I've heard too but it's given me no problems. I had it setup with a 4' HDMI cable and was having the same problem, so its not the cable. I wonder if nvidia can help me in this.

17. ColdsnapBryan

ColdsnapBryan Guest

GPU:
    MSI 560
    Got it, needed to change HDMI Audio Out off on my receiver.

18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    you 560 ti guys should check out this 560 hawk massman got going 1475 core -130c
    killer 3d11 p6950! single 560 ti :)

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23807

this mod i will need since after 1.32ishv black screen for me.
    ocp mod
    http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/...i Hawk/?action=view&current=gpuocpchannel.png

i could only go 1200 0r so 1.31v @-45c with dice,just testing.
    i test first most cards with dice cus of cb and cbb after it goes cold- this card -70c cb ,so now theres a cb bios and hard gpu/ocp mods maybe i can run into the 1350 area at -110c? :nerd:
    I'll go try the bios now see what it looks like.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  19. DJSmak

DJSmak Member

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB 1250Mhz
    My lads 560 soc is 1Ghz stock at 0.987v

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    when i bench in sli with a giga oc and msi hawk,its better with ab now.
    i need 1.14v 1000 and 1.167v 1050 on the giga card.
    only stock 1.04v for the hawk 1050.
    ab lets me change both individually,early beta cut me off on the hawk settings when i used a hawk and referance card in sli.
    thats a good thing

air sli/cpu dice
    giga 1.14v hawk 1.04v stock cooling
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]