Stargate Universe

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Chillin, Oct 31, 2010.

1. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I mean, come on, we all love big spaceships blasting the hell out of each other. I'm tempted to have a crack at a stupidly low-budget scifi myself just for the lolz for that very reason.

2. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    They ended it for simple reasons. low ratings and funding. SGU didnt bring in the ratings like atlantis or SG1. MGM wont do movies because of funding their was atleast 4 different movies that were proposed to them that i know of (one for atlantis, one for SGU, and one for SG1 with a fourth that tied all the characters together somehow). This thread has been pretty much copy/pasted from gateworld or any other forum about stargate.

3. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    I didn't like it much, it got better and better along the way, it was almost good the last few episodes :p
    Nah it wasn't that bad, it was the last "real" sci fi series anyway (with space ships etc)!
    Now we have nothing, and it seems Stargate is gone for good, at least for now.
    Just finished watching all 5 seasons of Andromeda because now I'm bored, got nothing to watch.

If Stargate ever comes back, I think it would be interesting to see what happens with Atlantis, SG-1 is pretty much rounded up, every major (if not all) enemies have been defeated (maybe there are a few lying around somewhere but you get my point), but Atlantis was pretty much left open.

4. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    well eureka is coming back with a new season soon so thats good atleast.

5. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    thank god !

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    The soft sci-fi approach of that show really puts me off.

Having said that, I do enjoy it for the most part. Might have to catch up.

7. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    all i remembered was it was going down hill the last season

8. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    I didnt like SGU at first, but it kind of grew on me after a while, and I actually started enjoying it each week. I really hated the ending though. :(

9. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    Well with an ending like that it leaves room for if they some how can get another season. Even though that is extremely unlikely they will.

10. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Like somone said, there was far too much time spent on personal relations and using the stones. For such an awesome premise (an ancient Ancient ship millions of light years away), they then spent so much time on Earth. It was silly.

If they hadn't done that, I think we would have seen a lot more viewers. Maybe not enough to save it, but there was the possibility.