DOOMSDAY.....Inbound!!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by sAAdC, May 4, 2011.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    And what does this have to do with dooms day in the first place???

You should have known better not to post such garbage.. seriously wdf have you been thinking?

What a lame brainwashed joke, i stopped taking your posts seriously a loooong time ago.

2. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Correct.

3. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090

1.. I didnt want to start a new thread for this. So thats what i was thinking.

2. There was no joke i wanted to see what "others" thought.

3. Did i say anywhere that i thought it was a bird?

So as i stated time and time again. I dont give 2 sh*ts what you think, if you dont like it leave you see the little <- button on your top left that means go back... you can leave and not read what i post if it makes you SOOO angry.. :)

4. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Here is some more doom.

MANDATORY govt chip in ALL phones, starting next year!

Well, well... it was just a matter of time; in the name of public security, starting next year, all phones in the US will be required to have in them a chip from the government. Supposedly this is so that all phones will be able to receive public safety text messages, or messages from Our Beloved Leader [/sarcasm] but I'm guessing it will do a lot more than that... like track our positions, snoop our texts, etc.

national-emergency-alert-system

5. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    That says NYC not all of the US. Though I'm sure more will follow, but what does this have to do with the original thread man?

6. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    The orignal thread is fail, so im puting some useful posts in it.. no reason to start new threads...

For now, the alerts are capable on certain high-end cell phones but starting next year, all cell phones will be required to have the chip that receives alerts.

By the end of the year, the new system will be in place in New York City and Washington and in cities around the country by the end of 2012.

7. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    THIS....is now a Taint3dbulge thread

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lol do like your posts though they make me laugh because I know that you know full well you will get raging responses but dont give a damn, go get em son!

8. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  9. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    Another ..... thread !

10. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090

11. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Where's the proof that they sent a probe to this hypothetical body exactly?

The fact that the used the sun as a gravitational slingshot?

They're completely wrong about the 'few degrees kelvin' bit. If it was that cold it would be a nebula or dust cloud - which would have dissipated billions of years ago in the formation of the sun.

Even a brown dwarf would be far heavier than the earth - it's presence would be easily detectable. Jupiter has been hypothesised to have had the potential to become a star but wasn't heavy enough to begin fusion.

And it wouldn't only be a few degrees kelvin. These things cool so slowly that they last almost indefinitely - and it would be detectable over a wide range of wavelengths. You can pick up Jupiter with a few bits of wire on some broom handles - contrary to popular belief you don't have to have a multi-million dollar instrument in orbit to do astronomy.

The object in the solar system closest to a brown dwarf is Jupiter, which has an albedo of 0.52. This thing would be easily visible to the naked eye. This is before we consider ionisation and heating due to its close proximity to the sun. Orbits of comets, orbital eccentricity...the list goes on.

TL;DR? Article is wrong and based on imagination rather than science. Next please...

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  12. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090

Ahhh, nice post, thanks Tom F. When i was doing my research on this i came across some of the same information... One thing i did read tho kinda made me rethink some of this..

http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/questions/question62.html

Question:

What is a brown dwarf?

Answer:

In order to understand what is a brown dwarf, we need to understand the difference between a star and a planet. It is not easy to tell a star from a planet when you look up at the night sky with your eyes. However, the two kinds of objects look very different to an astronomer using a telescope or spectroscope. Planets shine by reflected light; stars shine by producing their own light. So what makes some objects shine by themselves and other objects only reflect the light of some other body? That is the important difference to understand -- and it will allow us to understand brown dwarfs as well.

As a star forms from a cloud of contracting gas, the temperature in its center becomes so large that hydrogen begins to fuse into helium -- releasing an enormous amount of energy which causes the star to begin shining under its own power. A planet forms from small particles of dust left over from the formation of a star. These particles collide and stick together. There is never enough temperature to cause particles to fuse and release energy. In other words, a planet is not hot enough or heavy enough to produce its own light.

Brown dwarfs are objects which have a size between that of a giant planet like Jupiter and that of a small star. In fact, most astronomers would classify any object with between 15 times the mass of Jupiter and 75 times the mass of Jupiter to be a brown dwarf. Given that range of masses, the object would not have been able to sustain the fusion of hydrogen like a regular star; thus, many scientists have dubbed brown dwarfs as "failed stars".

Starting in 1995, astronomers have been able to detect a few nearby brown dwarfs. All of the brown dwarfs discovered so far are parts of a binary system. A binary system is one in which two stars orbit around one another (just like the planets of our solar system orbit our star, the Sun).

So why would we care about brown dwarfs? It is possible that a great deal of the mass in the universe is in the form of brown dwarfs, and since they do not give off much light, they could constitute part of the "missing mass" problem faced by cosmology.

Interesting no? :)

13. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Definitely interesting - although an object that massive would still collapse due to its own gravity, causing it to heat. It would probably be at least a couple of hundred Kelvin.

The reason a star doesn't collapse is due to something called hydrostatic equilibirium - where internal forces balance to counteract the force of gravity.

This causes the star to heat - in fact this is the process which starts fusion in a star in the first place. The star slowly cools, but due to the rate at which the star actually radiates (which it does, just not very bright and at long wavelengths), it continues for an almost indefinite length of time. If it was that close (anywhere near the solar system) it wouldn't be as invisible as the article suggests.

Something else interesting is a class T star, even less massive and even cooler :)

Sorry if that last post came across a bit strong, it's an interesting idea to think about.

14. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090

The human race knows a lot about space and the universe, but there is one thing for sure we still know very little about it too.. Time will only tell if there is something more out there.. Lots of data says no, but there is some data and lots of old writings and teaching about this "mysterious planet" that is supposedly, supposed to be out there.. I neither believe it or disbelieve it... It would be very cool in a scientific way if it did show up all of a sudden lol.. I guess time will tell... Also you didnt come across to strong you just know what your talkin about lol.:)

15. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Now this is funny. Dang Russians, always diggn bunkers..

Apocalypse Angst Adds to Terrorist Threat as Rich Russians Acquire Bunkers

Danila Andreyev started building “panic rooms” three years ago, when fears of terrorist attacks and commercial disputes turning violent created demand in Russia. Now he’s selling “survival bunkers” for as much as $400,000 each to capitalize on angst over theories the world will end next year.

“I myself am not a believer in doomsday scenarios,” Andreyev, 31, whose Spetsgeoproekt company is completing 15 bunkers at hidden locations across Russia, said at his office in central Moscow. “But when you start hearing clients talking about the end of the world, it gets you thinking.”

While Russia has been a target for terrorists, with 37 people dying in a blast at Moscow’s busiest airport in January, more people are looking to protect themselves from what Andreyev calls a “global cataclysm” in 2012 based on predictions such as interpretations of the ancient Mayan calendar.

These bunkers look pretty nice.

PICTURES AND MORE INFO HERE

Now if you thought that was intresting..

Russians to Rapidly Build 5000 Bomb Shelters in Moscow by 2012

In addition to previous reports that governments are accelerating preparedness plans across the globe, Russia Today reports that 5000 new bomb shelters are being constructed in the capitol city of Moscow.

In 2006 the European Union rapidly drew up and deployed plans to build a “Doomsday Seed Vault” to store millions of seeds from countries around the world in case of a catastrophic event. Previous reports suggest that the US Government Is Preparing For Unlikely Events Like War, Catastrophic Collapse of Society, and Even Asteroids. Among the preparations, the US government, like Russia, is building underground bunkers and military bases. The U.S. is reportedly building these bunkers so rapidly, and on such a large scale, that private contractors are unable to acquire materials to build bunkers for individual clients. In recent years we’ve also learned that the US government is one of, if not the largest buyer of survival foods like freeze dried foods and MRE’s for emergency preparedness deployment. We’ve also recently learned that Department of Homeland Security has committed to “regionalizing” supplies across 15 regional emergency supply warehouses.

THERES LOTS MORE INFO HERE

16. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    @ Tainted -

How about me and you make a deal here buddy.

If all these 2012 rumors come true and the world ends then I will give you $20,000 cash. However, if we are still around on Jan 1st, 2013 then you give me $20,000.

Deal?

17. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090

How about this.. I dont like "cash" lets do silver.. commodities are much better then the frugal money markets.

Plus I dont know if it is true or not.. Im very interested in the topic, but there is lots of science fact for and against it..

like this..

[​IMG]

This comes from space.com, now they say its "hypothetical" which means there is no proof as of yet.. But the question is how did it become "hypothetical" where did this idea come from..

Mostly came from sumerian hieroglyphics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^^^If your wondering about this picture.. I ask this, how many planets are in our solar system.. How many planets are in the drawing around the sun?

[​IMG]

This is where aliens first where recorded too.

[​IMG]

So its all just interesting to me.. the universe is vast and there are billions of things we dont know about it yet... So with that being said it could exist or it could just be made up.. I dont know.. Thats for every person to decide upon them selfs..

This is also a good read...

How Rogue Alien Planets Could Host Extraterrestrial Life

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  18. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    im surprised no responses?

19. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Because it's nonsense.

I could "hypothesis" that there is a giant penis in orbit of the sun and that it's going to thrust itself into the planet earth and cover us with space goo. A hypothesis doesn't require proof, because it's just a proposed explaination for something.

For a hypothesis to be put forward as a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. Your 2nd sun theory has been shot down again and again by myself and now Tom F.

Ancient art works are very interesting indeed, one wonders how they even knew that planets existed and orbit the sun, but they also never had technology which actively looks for planetary bodies in the solar system, so it's likely very innacurate.

20. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Very true PF, thats why i said i dont know if its true or not... All i know is there still is a possibility it exists.. what is the probabilist of it.. Small but still..:nerd: