Crysis 2 - RTFM

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    Maybe too linear, gameplay is way different that the first one but...

The game just rocks, and the music is epic.

2. Khronis

Khronis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 x2
    Agreed on the music, I like it a lot.

One thing I was really disappointed with is the story in this game, totally feel angry with the original Crysis cliffhanger, with no questions answered and the rather interesting aliens replaced with generic ones with no intelligence.

Also, the story is convoluted in Crysis 2. The characters are flat and nothing really makes any sense, and the plot takes VERY random turns. At least Crysis had some direction and motivation.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  3. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 SOC
    Yeah, i agree. What i find interesting is that the aliens, and humans, all behave exactly the same in my experience, either hide behind something firing wildy over it, or once they know you're there, then march single file towards you. Not much of a challenge so far. but i am only about 3hrs in. The music is great, builds a nice atmosphere really. But then the music gets epic, you expect a good battle, but then you calmy walk forward slaughtering everything that pops up. i havent had to think yet. No stealth, no throwing objects to distract enemies. just walk up and blow em away :biggun:

4. Khronis

Khronis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 x2
    I would've tried throwing objects but tbh I couldn't find any while playing through it. Crysis had so many objects, but here you can only find objects when there are no enemies around it seems. Probably wouldn't have helped much either, since objects can only be thrown like 5 feet unless you drain all your energy, which has better uses. Kicking cars usually seems like a daft thing to do as well, since it drains all your energy and leaves you without cover.

About the atmosphere, it just never feels as epic as the first one, specifically some Korean battles where you fought like 30 of them at the same time. No bs like spawning behind a pillar 20 feet away after killing a few. Challenge also completely goes away when you upgrade your suit with certain modules and are able to pretty much sprint while cloaked for a minute.

Tbh I think it's a fine game but it just isn't Crysis and definitely a step down overall. Crysis was one of my favorite PC games after building a power house pc, and was hoping for more like it. Unfortunately, it looks like that won't happen until maybe the next generation of consoles, if they decide to stop crippling the ram on the machines. It's just so obvious the shortcuts they take to get around crippled ram on the consoles, and they carry those over to the PC. /rant (Hopes for a game I'll praise to come out soon so I don't look like an incessant complainer)

5. john2gr

john2gr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX295 1.75GB
  6. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  7. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
  8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    "And who cares for this Map Pack when there are cheaters online? At least it will be free-of-charge for all three platforms."

Free Maps! what a concept ;)

9. john2gr

john2gr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX295 1.75GB
    Well actually EA hasn't revealed any pricing detail so we assume it is free-of-charge. It could very well be priced (it's EA after all :grin: )

10. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    No, that's why they don't release SDK. DLC, Money, DLC, again Money. :bang:

11. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    EA and free dont belong on the same planet let alone in the same sentence.

12. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    am i missing something, are the maps not free?

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I thought the DLC in Portal2 was supposed to be free, and that is EA.

Though, so far they have only said that pricing hasn't been announced, not that there would be no price.

14. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Source
    Now, you understand situation with SDK, and august?

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    huh, SDK? August?

As for the link, as they said "We’d venture a guess" not that i think it will be free, but still not saw anything confirming a price yet.

16. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I got board of mp pretty fast, will not be paying for 4 maps and if there free still probably won't play them :/

Where is my dx11 for SP I want to replay it.

17. john2gr

john2gr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX295 1.75GB
  18. DirkGently

DirkGently Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 570
    DLC is bull****. Can we return to the good old 'Expansion Pack' days please? MOHAA had two great expansion packs, Spearhead and Breakthrough. When was the last time this happened?

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Witcher 2 is getting proper expansion packs, but most other publishers are sticking with DLC, or micro transactions as some like EA like to call it, as unfortunately it still sells well, not matter how much people whine.

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Down to £15 at GAME now (UK).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.