Need For Speed SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    that pure sucks man, you'd have thought that the EADM patch would roll out first then!!! or at least at the same time as Retail....

2. HairyUK

HairyUK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Yes mate, defo 700mb+ on steam

3. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Can you post release notes?:nerd:

4. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Maybe they included the DLC too :)
    Look in the install directory if there's something new in the "packfiles/vehicles" and "packfiles/tracks" folders

5. HairyUK

HairyUK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  6. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  7. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    im very curious about why its 700mb maybe steam cannot update files and needs to redownload them?

8. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Correct, due to how steam works (or just works with this game) it can't update the files stored inside the .bff files so instead it it has to install the whole .bff instead, hence the size difference between retail and steam version.

Just wish they'd hurry up with the EADM patch now, appartly it's in testing at EA which is amazing as surely EA test all the patches, so how on earth the EADM (there own service) has been left till last is just :bang:.

9. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Everyone add me familyvalues2020 I believe is my name or search my gmail which is jonashley69

Basically I love laguna seca, spa, road america, a little bit of norschliefe and a few other tracks...so thats where we'd be battling it out on track times...everything else to me is meh. ;-)

PS went from crap to awesome fps on shift2 after some cpu OC'ing and a few different tweaks for performance with driver settings and in game setting...very happy now...multi car races no longer slow down to 20fps.woot!

Basically you turn shadows to low, pre rendered frames to 1, vsync off, perfomance on the drivers and bam...from 25 to 60fps...happy now.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  10. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    ive been going online late night and theres no servers going on. or only one server. im getting worried i dont want this game online to die. its too much good.

11. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    damn i want that patch for retail D:

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Did we received the DLC for free or what? I think I got some new cars and new tracks.

edit: Meh nvm mayb not... but I got like the Caterham and stuff like that :/

13. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    In reality, it's cause steam have not get the 1st patch as they have discover problem with it, they have not implement it, so in reality it's the complete 1st patch + hotfix when retail have got the hotfix only this time .

Anyway i have find the performance increase depend of the race, Laguna Seca have slower performance, but it's still smooth and enjoyable, just framerate is a bit slower..... was so good i have finish the GT1 championship directly... and got this Sumo Power

[​IMG]
    Excellent car, after some basic settings ( more break, acceleration, harder surely the best car i have use so far )

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  14. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    I used the retail patch on my EADM copy with no problems at all :3eyes:

15. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Others report the same thing, it seems to be a random EADM issue (confirmed by the PC devs), but also some report it worked and then check the exe and see it actully didn't.

If you haven't already check the Shift2u.exe version in the properties tab, it should now be 1.0.1.0 if not the patch didn't apply correctly, if it did patch it then congrats, your one of the lucky few who got it to work.

The proper EADM patch is still in testing and should be released soon (appartly)

16. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Ah right, maybe not then! Still says 1.0.0.0

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Just broke my no retail rule on the way home from work, rough week and as girly as it sounds spending money cheers me up.

Picked up Dead Rising 2 for £9.99, and the Limited Edition of this for £19.99 from GAME, which seemed like a very decent deal, even the console versions were £29.99 in store.

If your not the impatient buyer that i am, then the website has the console versions for £24.99 which is also a great, and the PC one for £14.99.
    http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Game...353832/?s=Shift+II+Unleashed+Limited+Edition+

Thankfully i can just register the code on EA Download Manager then sell it off on somewhere like Music Magpie :)

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Wow it's so much more fun with the new patch. Handling have improved sooooo much.

19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I put the wrong password in and now I can't log-in at all, been searching for a fix, but, can't seem to find the solution other than reinstall. Anyone know how to reset autolog?

20. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    Anyone got some good settings for drifting?? Car will always spin out on me It's just Impossible :S
    Using G25 .