Post your game room/station pics #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Mar 18, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I love your setup did you build the desk yourself?

2. Martypants

Martypants Member

GPU:
    Asus Matrix Plat 5870 2Gb
    My get-away-from-the-world room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    My carpenter who also worked on the house i live now; kitchen, the doors and some other wood maden stuff. Quality guys. and expensive.

And look at the cheap carpenter(not the carpenter that build that TABLE u ask about).i use this cheap carpenter in my constructions..yes i use expensive for my private job and use cheap 1 for constructions :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

well, the guy/carpenter who build that steering wheel setup was surprised with the thing i asked from him and at the end he is also pleased with the final product. such amateur soul in terms of building this and simple setup but well, it works perfect!

and that WHITE table for speakers. or to put other stuff.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Martypants: Nice "get away from the world room".... but not a lot of room to open your door. haha.

That a 50" tv?

5. Martypants

Martypants Member

GPU:
    You're right about the door, had to screw a doorstop to the floor to stop the door knocking the speaker, unfortunately (for me) the door tends to bounce back off the doorstop and smack me in the face :bang: but speakers are more important than doors (and my face) anyhoo.

The TV is a 60 incher :banana:

6. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Do you have problems with that door hitting the speaker or am I seeing it wrong?

Lovely room by the way.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    There's no hinges there. Willing to bet the door opens away from the speaker.

8. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    you might wanna look a post or two up. already questioned him on that one. haha. There are hinges... they seem to be painted white like the door (Possible "WHOOPS" moment while painting? *shrug*). the bottom one you can see about halfway up the bottom visible part of the door, and the top one is just below the hooks hanging on the door. Not to mention i don't think i've ever seen a door open through the door frame, otherwise there would be nothing to stop it from closing further than it should.

9. Martypants

Martypants Member

GPU:

First bloke to make that door open "through the frame" gets a freshly ironed fifty squid note.

Gonna hang the door on the other side of the frame, when I get a round tuit.

10. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    nice gaming room, you have there..

11. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Actually, what i was kinda getting at is not only have i never seen a door open in towards the door frame... but as far as I can figure just by thinking about it for a short time... it'd be physically impossible to have a door open in towards the door frame without hacking away at the door frame. Mostly because of the hinges having a bit of an outward motion too as the door is opening. So if you had the door open towards the frame, it would more than likely come to an abrupt stop as the edge of the door rubs the inside of the door frame.

...... why the f*ck am i discussing the physics of a door hinge again? lol

12. Martypants

Martypants Member

GPU:
    Lmao

Been having a look at concertina type doors today but can't find any that will actually fully shut and keep the noise in, which is quite important for my housemates, those speakers and the rather large subs built into the bottom of the unit under the TV means things get a lil bit noisy when the bullets start flying.

Think the only solution is to hang the door on the other side of the frame so it will open outwards.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Marty,

As a contractor i can easly advice u to use SLIDER style door for that room. Efficient and nice.

14. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Kinda doubt he wants to have to cut apart the wall in order to get the door in, either.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    You know you have to much time on your hands, when you talk about how a door opens :D

16. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    *points to timestamp*..... exactly how much would i have had to really do at 1:47AM anyway?

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thats not the way man..its very clear u dont know what iam talking about. wish i have a pic but..no i dont. u destroy nothing. easy and simple.

18. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    i'm assuming by slider door... you mean the pocket doors... i.e. the ones that slide into the wall?

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i see..well, thats the BEST way of it. i mean while in construction u need to BUILD ur walls for that SLDIER door u tlak about yes. but if its a already MADE house, i mena like the situation he has now, u make the RAIL inside of the room or outside. u know what i mean? and put the DOOR mechanism on it. above and below rail. and there u have a solution for this kind of houses. we made this before. its a good solution for tight spots and low budgets. and works just fine.

coudlnt fine proper image but like this on the left

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

ofcourse not this style but WORKING mechanism is same. im trying to represent how it works.

EDIT: yeah look found proper images

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these r expensive stuff indeed as we all know u can find this kind of stuffs cheap version and expensive version.. it may cost around 200-400 euros here..a fine door..not like in thjs images. simple plain one..probably cheaper in ur countries guys.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  20. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    cheap lol

[​IMG]

or collapsable/folding doors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2011