Britons to be taxed 50% on Swiss bank accounts

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jae-So, May 3, 2011.

1. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    No it would be extremely fair. Equality it doesn't get more fair. Working just a low wage part time job doesn't mean you shouldn't have to pay your dues just like everyone else. Get a better job if its not enough.

I'm against all income tax in the first place though. We should have a consumption tax instead.

2. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    The civilian world isn't the Army. We are all free individuals out here, not apart of a collective government entity.

Yeah did you guys also think the ones who were just lazy shouldn't have to do as much work if they don't want to and that was fair too?

It doesn't matter if they starve or not, it doesn't matter how much they make or have. Its theirs. Not yours. They earned it not you. They owe nothing to you. Taking care of you is not their responsibility.

Its theft. Taking by force what is not rightfully yours.

The fact that they pay a greater total amount isn't even enough for you guys, they have to pay a much greater percentage too. Completely immoral, and self-destructive at the same time.

These people are responsible for growth and job creation. You stab yourself in the back every time you steal more and more from them.

3. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    Actually your army example is an example of fixed % taxation. In your example if everyone carried the same amount of gear it would be a fixed dollar amount taxation, but in the army lets say you carry 20% of your muscle mass (pure example) so the stronger guy carries more, but everybody is carrying 20%.

If you think that everybody in the army carrying the same amount would be fair that would be the equivalent to everyone paying $5,000 in tax regardless of how much they make.

4. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    tell that to Pinochet's swiss accounts lol

5. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    Amen brother, amen.

I have been reading this, and if y'all think this is going to change anything, well I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. One thing about book keepers and business men is they always find ways around repressive tax structures.
    Repressive taxation kills an economy and innovation.

6. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Was thinking this exact same thing.

7. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Of course that this is right... if you live in a world in wich everything is just and right, everyone who has money has worked hard for it, and if you really really wish for something it may come true.

And what is this last statement? "responsible for growth and job creation" ? WTF? "You stab yourself in the back every time you steal more and more from them" Are you telling me that if they are richer im going to get richer too? What is this bs?

That ideology is 100 yrs old. Not even current capitalist people stand by those things. Thats the 100 yrs old free market idea. It barely applied for those times, and certainly doesnt apply today. Not when you have countries with so much wealth in term of raw materias killing themselves for food and water. With histories so fckd up that you dont understand how they didnt just burn it all and did a mass suicide.

You dont amass so much wealth just by "earning it". There is no way that in the current system you dont have to fck up somebody to earn something. IF you want to get to supervisor, you have to **** the current supervisor, if you want to get to manager, you have to **** up the current manager. If you want your company to sell, you have to **** up the competition. If you want to have more resources, you have to **** up another country for them.

"well earned wealth" doesnt exists. And you, in the lowest of the levels (if you are), get to be told the fairy tale of hard work. No one will tell you that they did wrong to get so much money, cuz they're so messed up in the thing that they think they didnt do anything wrong. That they deserve what they have, and that the ppl they **** up in the middle of that journey deserves what happened to them.

8. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    They should understand why people decide to dodge tax in UK. I know some people will dodge tax no matter how low is the tax but come on. In the UK, if you own a small business and you pay the right amount of tax, you'll bankrupt in no time. The tax rate in the UK is too excessive while they decided to give free money to those lazy bastard that decide not to work or people who produce nothing but child to get more child benefit and if you got enough child, a big house for free while tax payer working like mad and don't get a dime on saving due to the excessive amount of tax! Fix your system and more people will pay the tax happily. This is also the reason why your working class is moving away while the lazy bastard want to immigrant there.

9. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    Most have worked hard for it but I don't even care if they worked for it at all. It could be gifted to them for all I care. Its still theirs.

Jobs, where do they come from? Who creates business? Who invests? How does the economy grow?

If you call getting richer having a job vs not, then yes.

:3eyes:

Thats all wrong. People successfully create wealth for themselves all the time. Innovation, creativity, determination, intelligence, perseverance ......if you don't have any of these traits then yeah you probably aren't going to be creating much wealth for yourself, as it should be. Failure and mediocrity doesn't earn reward.

Your argument is still pointless in the first place, I don't know why you said any of it.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  10. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Cooperatives ring a bell to you? And that is one organized form. There could be just un organized work.

Besides, "rich people" isnt even part of the idea of an organization that generates those things that you said. An organization has resources of their own. In fact, you could somewhat thank to the jurisdictional entity that is the organization for the jobs and bussiness, not "the rich people in general".

Not even mentioning that those things dont guarantee anything. There could be bad paid works, with bad conditions. Having a rich organization is as useless as having rich people. They dont necessarily bring benefits as you say.

So? Im speaking bout monetary wealth and u too since there is no taxtes for creativity or innovation as far as i know. You cant take those from anyone nor anyone can earn those from less-than-good sources. Unlike monetary wealth, wich is the main subject.

If you're stuck up in some bad bussines, surely your first thought will be "my faliure and mediocricy wont earn me a reward" right?. But i guess that if you think like that you're far from actually put in practice what you say.

U say that nobody has the right to rise the taxes to the rich ppl cuz they're great in your eyes, i argue with that idea. Pretty simple huh?

The thing is that if i get out the idea that maintaining the monetary wealth of the rich ppl is good, then your argument becomes pointless. I do have a point, it seems that you didnt catch it.

11. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    People need to realize this isn't 1900's anymore. The rich can too easily move to another country that has lower tax rates. Go ahead and raise taxes and watch how fast they leave then you're worse off. Don't believe me...check out Illinois..they just raised taxes big time and companies are already leaving for neighboring states to do business. I know most will call me crazy but I think we should have a flat tax system. That way there would be no more tax dodging but it would cheaper for the rich to pay taxes instead of them needing a lawyer to file their taxes every year.

Here's an example
    http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.c...tens-to-leave-illinois-after-recent-tax-hike/

12. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    You are right, and it is not only happening in Illinois, California has lost some companies to Texas because of the repressive tax structure.

I am more in favor of a federal sales tax, scrap the whole income tax ponzi scheme.

13. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    Just means they'll move their money from Swiss banks to Caribbean ones.

14. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    I was mentioning traits that are used to create wealth, yes monetary wealth.

No, I don't think they are great. I just have some morals, and believe in equality. Thats all. I don't believe its moral to steal based on class warfare ideals. But attacking the rich in such a way is harmful to the overall economy as well.

Yeah, I still didn't get it. I'm pretty much getting you hate rich people and feel you are entitled to their earnings.

15. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    lol you just owned him with Math

seriously though I think the rich should pay more taxes than the poor but not the ridiculous 40-50% we often see, give them a break, I'm a poor (unemployed, just finished uni) graduate at the moment, and I still believe this.

Lower the taxes (especially in the UK, this is one of the reasons I left), everyone will benefit, u'll see more companies start up, more jobs, make the state smaller (benefit system etc) and this will help the economy much more than the retarded steps the UK is currently taking

Last edited: May 4, 2011

16. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Point taken. I was thinking more in line of that the mass would be the tax percentage.

People like you make this forum such a miserable place where everyone will just eventually resort to flaming...

17. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    dude it was a joke calm down, I'll edit it out if it really bothers you that much

18. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    i love it how the people that earn the lowest, contribute the LEAST to the tax system, seem to DEMAND that the rich pay more and more.

its always the case until you start earning quite alot more yourself. nothing but hypocrytes.

19. pmanipole

pmanipole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    seems like a lot of these posts have to do with class envy. i am not rich by any means but we make a pretty good living. i have been dirt poor and it freaking sucked. i have never recieved a penny from the govt. it really pisses me off when i hear people cheer when the rich get taxed at a higher rate. it is these rich people that provide the jobs that we have. i have never been employed by a poor guy in my entire life.
    get over your class envy and strive to be one of the rich guys. dont piss and moan over what they have.

20. pmanipole

pmanipole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    and another thing that is messed up that people do not see is the people writing these laws are almost always already rich writing laws to help the poor. are any of these rich politicians getting poorer? @#!*% no. are any of the poor getting richer? @#!*% no

this is all a sham. the war on poverty has been going on for over 50 yrs. guess what, we are no further along then when we started. it is all a sham.

open your eyes.