AMD Catalyst 11.4 (Official Release) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    It does seem the CAPs trade performance for game fixes and sometimes may affect other games. You guys can try a dummy cap from Von Dach :

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=332395&highlight=von

And then use Radeon Pro to manually tweak Crossfire and AA settings for best performance.

And I'm not saying caps are bad. I think they are great for most users since a lot of game engines do have tons of bugs or weird code for specific hardware that is makes it harder for ATI guys. But for guys who need max performance and quality, tweaking it on your own may be the only way until a game patch comes out to to restore functionality.

2. xFAUSTx

xFAUSTx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770
    These drivers are causing freezes and stuttering in some games for my 5770, i saw that 10.10e is recommended by people for older cards but i have XP so i can't use that hotfix, should i get the normal 10.10 drivers or just stick with my older one? (10.7)
    Thanks.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  3. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Here too mate, poor Fps on shift 2 , 11.4 Whql on Xp im getting Micro Stuttering on some Games, Better to go Back .....

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Stick with whichever works best for your card and system; that's always the general consensus on Catalyst.

But if you want a newer one, maybe it's best to use 11.3 WHQL.

5. keromyaou

keromyaou Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 XC3 Ul
    I tried this driver. It works fine overall. However, the frame rate for Metro 2033 decreased by 10% with this driver compared with 11.4 March 7th or March 23rd. I didn't experienced 99% bugs with this driver although I used it for only one day or so. Now I am back to 11.4 March 23rd driver. If I keep gpu core and memory clock high, I don't experience 99% bugs with these 11.4 preview drivers (or whatever). So I will stick with 11.4 preview drivers for the time being.

6. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Shift (1) is broken with 11.4 Cap 1.

i used to get 90+ fps at 5760x1080 and now im down to 35 if i use AA.

im getting tired of all this ****.

ive said it before and ill say it again, im very close to dropping PC gaming and putting my money into a 3xps3 setup with 3 42inc tv.

pc gaming is not what it used to be.

cant go back to nvidia because i had bad issues with my gtx580 last month so im stuck with hd6990.

getting bored of pissing around with drivers and games that arnt fit for purpose. i watch my son play crysis2 on the 360 next to my rig ( see youtube bboymassuk) and hes always saying how much messing around i have to go through compared to him.

hes right.

time for a change.

r.
    bboymassuk

7. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Not sure if you tried no Cap's but for me it work great!

8. CodyPredy

CodyPredy Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI R270X 2GB
    The only bad thing about the 11.4 on my 5770 is the fact that they screwed Photoshop CS5 OpenGL support. There goes the scrubby zoom. I don't know how they heck they manage to brake that since it was working in older releases. I don't remember in 11.3.

9. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    yes, removed caps and shift is back to 75+fps.

cheers dude.

when are amd going to stop breaking things.

honestly there uat division is ****e.

thanks again.

10. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator/status/63352613546102784

11. Bounce

Bounce Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 660 oc
    for now switch to openGL basic mode in PS, that will get you back scrubby zoom

12. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    Waah, my cutting edge eyefintity, crossfire, system doesn't work perfectly with the latest games, waah.

Seriously, go and play on a controller with 13 year old kids on a single display at a low resolution and lower framerates.

13. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    He has a point, though.
    Having a high-end rig is one thing, having to fix problems caused by drivers is another.

No matter how IT-literate/geektastic we are, we're still customers who bought AMD cards.
    We can, and should, expect those cards, and its advertised features (as in Eyefinity, one of the selling point of AMD cards), to just F*CKING WORK.

14. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    i intend to.

you sound a bit put out with my comments?

you feeling ok?

15. CodyPredy

CodyPredy Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI R270X 2GB
    Thanks for the tip. I thought it was completely disabled since it is GPU accelerated but reconsidered after reading the description for OPENGL basic.

On a different note.....has Driver Sweeper been fixed? I stopped using it after the debacle with Windows 7 Service Pack 1 update. From what I remembered it deleted files that screwed up the compatibility checker for the installer. Had to do a clean install after that.

16. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It has long been fixed.
    It actually has been fixed a week before the official release of SP1.

17. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    I've found that still try to delete some oem ati files... Strange thing.

18. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Anyone wanna swap 2 x 6850's for a similar power nVidia equivalent ?

Im sick of things breaking with every driver release

19. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Which version?

Because I've reinstalled many driver versions just a few days ago to test the DCOM error on Eastcoasthandle's thread, cleaning every reinstall with both TwL's Genetix Cleaner and Driver Sweeper, and Driver Sweeper has never included Microsoft drivers and TwL's still detecting I have Microsoft drivers every time I run it.

20. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    I wouldn't use Driver sweeper with Tri's everytime i did my tri's fell on there faces and never ran right again, forcing me to reinstall windows twice now so I wont eva use it again.
    It didn't seem to hurt my xfire just tri xfire strange i know but I could never really fix it without reloading windows.