RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I guess this program never gets updated anymore lol
    hasn't been updates to it in quite some time.

2. TorbenX

TorbenX Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Hey hey, I just started playing Morrowind with Morrowind Overhaul Sounds & Graphics which makes the game look veeeeeery nice.

The only problem is, that Morrowind seems to like to crash the driver with AA enabled. (Seems to be a known problem.)

Solution seems to be to disable "hyper-z" / "z-mask" (whatever that is). How can I do that in RadeonPro?

3. WatchMe

WatchMe Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5970 2GB
    I have a special Problem.

I'm playing TERA in Korea. You start the launcher via Tera_Invoker.exe, log in, click play and then gameguard and TERA.exe start.

I can't get a Radeon Pro Profile running. If i select Tera.exe the game will not start because it tells me "You have to start the game via launcher".

If i select Tera_Invoker as Launcher same thing happens.

If i select Tera_invoker.exe as game exe nothing will happen.

Is there a possibility to activate UT3 CFX settings via shortcut or something?

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I won't say never, but it may take a while... Sadly I had to sell my 6950 cards to pay some unexpected bills, and although the download counter is going up every day, unfortunately donations are going the opposite way, being almost non-existent nowadays. I guess there was 2 or 3 donations this whole month. :(

If hyper-z/z-mask can be changed by a registry key, you can try adding it to the profile xml using the following syntax:

<Property name="Z-MASK-REGISTRY-KEY" value="0" />

You just need to figure out what is the correct key name. I don't have any Radeon cards installed anymore so I can tell you which key, hopefully someone else can help thou.

Did you tried to experiment with Launcher types? You may try to set Tera.exe as main profile trigger, then set Tera_Invoker.exe as Launcher, set Launcher type to GFWL/StarCraft II and see if it works. If the game opens, close it, set UT3 as CFX profile and launch it again.

It looks like you know English, if you or some friend of yours could translate RP to Korean, it would be awesome. Korea is the number 2 on visitors/downloads statistics, the community would be very grateful if someone there could translate the program :)

5. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    John:

Just sent you a $50.00 donation. For all of you that use RP and have not made a donation please do so.

:cheers:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  6. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    I finished settings on launch.
    Then I try to run and it says:
    Error: Can't start App. Profiles.

What is going on?
    Help

7. giusemanuel

giusemanuel Member

GPU:
    Powercolor 5970 2gb
    Hi,
    i have a problem with radeonpro. i have installed the 1.1.0.6 version,and when i lauch a game,a message of error apper "ADL not properly initialized".
    This happen with more game,crysis 2 and shift2 for example.
    How i solve this problem?

Thanks

8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    @ vejn - uninstall RP fully, including the profiles, and then reinstall with ADMINISTRATOR privileges.

@ giusemanuel - which games would this error not occur in? If your install is correctly, it usually would not produce such errors. Or try to run Radeon Pro with ADMINISTRATOR privileges.

9. giusemanuel

giusemanuel Member

GPU:
    Powercolor 5970 2gb

i already run radeonpro with administrator privileges.
    the problem occur when i force an any crossfire profile with each game...

10. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    What are the profiles? I installed RP under ADMINISTRATOR privileges in Win XP, I'm not sure you can install it without it.
    I don't have any profiles. I'm installing RPro for the first time.

11. Riou

Riou New Member

GPU:
    MSI HD 6970 2GB CFX
    John, do you think you can add the "Enhanced AA" setting (EQAA) in RadeonPro for us 6900 users? Thanks.

12. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Ok, then you may not have any profiles setup yet. I also noticed you have a 3xxx series card. It may be a driver or compatibility issue so we have to wait for John to advise what may be next.

I'm also running on Windows 7 64 bit so there may be XP issues.

13. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    It is already in it.

14. RiskyWoods

RiskyWoods Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ARES 4gd5
    Hi. I have a problem:first of all i receive the message "invalid video adapter: ASUS ARES" at start of RP, but it is ok (click "OK" and it starts).
    But i cannot use "Morphological Filtering" and "Enable Surface Format Optimization".
    It is possible to fix?
    RP 1.1.0.6., Catalyst 11.4.
    Thanks and sorry for bad english.

15. itamar00008

itamar00008 Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 1gb
    Why I can not download ? RadeonPro BETA

16. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    You don't know the secret handshake? :smack:

17. itamar00008

itamar00008 Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 1gb
    You can bring me download?

18. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    How do you bring a download? It's not a takeaway to be delivered! :)

19. Captainrave

Captainrave Guest

GPU:
    295X2
    I am having problems with RadeonPro.

I am trying to create profiles for certain games to disable Catalyst AI (since we can't do this in CCC anymore). The problem is, it only *sometimes* disables catalyst AI, and I am not sure why. When it does disable it, when the game exits, catalyst AI remains disabled.

How do I fix this?

I know I can just follow this link - http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=343165&highlight=catalyst - but I was hoping the RadeonPro profiles would speed things up and ease switching between games.

Is it also a problem that AA compatibility and CrossfireX tweaks are greyed out under global?

Edit: Nvm, think I found a fix a few posts above. Also, many thanks for this program, it is great :D

Edit 2:

Tried this -
    Problem is my XML files keep resetting and losing the AI entry that I place in there? I have tried to stop this by changing them to read only. I load up a game, and it is temporarily set to one GPU, but then eventually the other GPU kicks in?

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  20. itamar00008

itamar00008 Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 1gb
    so how can give me link?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.