The Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jeremy, Apr 28, 2011.

1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm just majorly annoyed that this has been cluttering our media as well for days. I can't find any other news in any of the large online newspapers today. If this has been a wedding in our royal family I might have understood... but this? Bloody tabloids.

2. plodge85

plodge85 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    Many street parties in your area? Cos up here i aint even seen one

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  3. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    [​IMG]

This wedding stuff is awesome. I got an awesome idea from it, I'm going to find some nice woman at my age from some royal family, get married and live happily driving new Porsche 911 (GT3 non RS), playing games and reading forums. Government pays it all, sounds good to me :)

If there are any nice (good looking and smart) girls at age of 18-24, from royal family, please send me PM.

4. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    I personally thought the wedding was brilliant, and it was wonderful to see the UK pulling together, celebrating and having a great time

5. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Speak for yourself, i'm doing perfectly fine. Hoping that innocent men, women and children are murdered speaks volumes about your maturity and level of intelligence

6. HairyUK

HairyUK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Suicide bombers , earthquakes, snipers?? Wow , there really is some messed up people on this forum. People who hide behind the safety of their little computer screens.

A Royal Wedding/Royal Family makes you feel like that?? FFS you need help

7. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Agree HairyUK, some real dimwits on this forum. Why can't people just be happy for them? So some are born into a life of priviledge, so what? Happens world wide. Work hard and you too can enjoy good things. Life isn't just about accruing personal wealth and items (and being bitter about those with more of those than you), it's about children , enjoying family and the company of friends.

8. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    We'll pass a plate around and see if we can raise the 62p for you if it makes you feel any better...

I'm sure mass genocide is just what we need, that's certainly worked in the past.

Grow up.

I agree sdamaged99. They seem like a pair of relatively ordinary people, just in quite an unusual situation. They're just people with what is ultimately just a label associated with them.

It's always nice seeing people happy - royalty or not.

9. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    LOL at the idiots supporting the royal family no wonder this country is a utter laughing stock

but im sure it will hit you when the police/NHS cuts kick in and you need those services eh

10. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    You can thank Dave and George for that...not the royal family.

11. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    For what? spending money the country doesn't even have? they cant pay for services with fresh air right?

12. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Shortsighted cuts to important things such as front-line childrens services, which will end up costing far more in the long run. Fingers crossed the next government are able to repair the damage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-13206802

This thread isn't about what the government should and shouldn't be spending money on though. The rules say political threads will be closed.

13. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    [​IMG]

14. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Tru dat, I was being rather hypocritical...apologies.

15. HairyUK

HairyUK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Excuse me ? Im an idiot for not calling on suicide bombers , snipers and earthquakes to wipe out the royals??

Im not saying i agree with the cost of the wedding etc but what i was calling out was the extreme and utterly sick posts that came from a few users of this forum. And you have the cheek to say that the royal family supporters are what is making this country a laughing stock?? Sober up ffs

16. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    i apologise for the bombing comment, wasnt you. Local schools aint getting the chop, they are getting filled with unruley kids from varied backgrounds and degrading the education system, thats the problem.

once again im sorry about referring you to the "bombing" comment.

17. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    couldnt agree more.

its the previous government that got us in this mess, unfortunately the idiotic voters wont see this. just cuts cuts cuts rather than spend spend spend on what we havnt got.

differences aside, i think it was an interesting wedding, watched it on and off as i did work.

each to their own opinions etc, but its been along time since so many people were brought together for a GOOD cause, rather than protests.

have a good weekend everyone

18. Preachergeek

Preachergeek Guest

GPU:
    MSI 8800gtx @ 655/950
    I did watch about about an hour of it, but did not pay much attention. I don't really care about them, although i wish them well.

The people saying that the Royals are a waste of money clearly have little understanding of the economy and how much of a profit we generate from them. These all help pay for the front line services.

To suggest that the money we spend on them is a cause of the downfall of our country would be bordering on moronity. :p

19. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Apologies?! You're no troll... post edited. :cheers:

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Damn, im Scottish, so obviously no love for the Royal family, as that drummed into most of us from birth, but some of the stuff on this thread is shocking, and from people that i actually thought weren't insane.

People like to bang on about the costs involved in having Royalty, but they either don't know, or choose to ignore the huge amount of Tourist trade that it brings in.
    It's already been mentioned, but in other countries UK Royalty is a bigger deal than their own, in countries without it, people are getting up in the middle of the night to watch it.

This makes the Royals trendy again, girls and women all want to see what the dress was like, the whole "commoner" marries a Prince is like fantasy movie stuff for them, and while some of us may scoff and laugh at stuff like that, it not a bad image for Britain, and it will bring in even more tourists, which is good for the economy in the long run and considering the last few months have been a mixure of national disasters, wars and countries falling apart, its not exactly the worst thing ever.

If i was some Etonian, maybe i would be biased, but im from one of the most working/lower class cities in the UK.