Geforce 270.61whql driver!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GaryX, Apr 18, 2011.

1. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    All my DX10 & DX11 games are scrooved with 270 drivers.

2. Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake Active Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 Twin Frozr II
    All of them? Any examples?

3. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    BF BC2 DX11 & DX10 - flickering, Dragon Age 2 DX11 - flickering and messed up colors. It messes up my refresh rate in DX11 games (for example on desktop it's 110Hz but game recognizes it as 109.96). I'm using Acer GD245HQ 120HZ monitor connected with DVI-D cable. No problems with DX9 games. Installed driver 268.03 problems are gone.

4. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Second blue screen on watchdog while browsing the internets since I installed these drivers.

EDIT: The problem wasn't in the drivers. It seems Flash Player 10.2.159.1 (ActiveX version) was the culprit. Crashes on DiRT 2 I mentioned in a previous page were still caused by the drivers.

Last edited: May 1, 2011

5. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    im on same SLI as u and that dont happen to me except the known flickering things as ever

6. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    Klementh maybe these are not the best ones for your 8800 maybe you have to stay on 260 branch

7. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Are you justifying that Nvidia is releasing unstable "final" drivers because they are supposedly only unstable in older cards?

There are new games released every day that don't require a faster card, but some times those games require that you have the latest drivers, so if I can't install them because they are poop on my card, then Nvidia is artificially making my card obsolete. I don't know what you think but I know it would be unacceptable and would show a lack of respect to their customers.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    try those 270.61teslas i posted earlier - they're much stabler, well at least for g92b gpu, it could be the same for your 8800gt...

9. DirkGently

DirkGently Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 570
    266.58 working great for me with GTX570 so i'm reluctant to change. I am so glad to see that Nvidia finally implemented a custom installation option in their drivers though. I never needed physx bloat so it was always straight to the control panel to uninstall them!

10. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Hi guys! Is any one else using 120Hz monitor with 5 series SLI setup with 270.61 driver ? I'd like to know your opinion. It seems many people on nVidia forums having trouble with these setups and I guess it's not just BF BC2 having issues with this driver.

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    And all the 3D crap, I don't have 3D and don't want it so why would I want drivers and software for it.

12. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    This is interesting. Somebody over in the NVidia forums has solved his issue with 270.61 driver flickering when SLI is enabled. He copied the nvxdsync.exe from driver 266.58 over into the 270.61 driver package and now his flickers are gone. You can check out exactly what he did over here:
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=198377&st=300&gopid=1231753&
    Scroll down to post by xbeaTX at 10:04 am today.

13. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Thanks Infinity! I have tried that. I found and replaced that file but all the options except 3D disapiered from nVidia control panel. I played Dragon Age 2 DX11 for a wile it seems flickering is gone but that's not a solution. Now I know that's not a problem on my side, lets nVidia fix that bug, well another month to wait.

14. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    well its a good point mate, im not on they side but us, but from my experience i honestly think that all new developmments are for new hardware and not for old, and what im saying is that any new improvement for some new tech maybe bad for old tech

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  15. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    i agree Hunter :thumbup:

16. Heavens Dragon

Heavens Dragon Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 460 1gb
    finally got time to try these WHQL runs fine only one problem the sleep mode is disabled , it's greyed out in Startmenu -> shutdown option ....any idea???

17. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    No problem with sleep mode here. Win7 +64.

18. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

... because you don't need the 3d Vision kit or the 120hz monitor to use Stereo 3D... you can do it on your existing monitor with the "3D Vision Discover" mode... it uses the red and blue glasses.

Some users might want it, and it certainly doesn't negatively affect your PC to have it there.

That said, the 3D Vision controller driver wouldn't be necessary in this case.. just the 3D Vision drivers.

19. Heavens Dragon

Heavens Dragon Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 460 1gb
    mine is Win7 32 but weird thing is the sleep mode is working fine with the beta 270.51 ..anyway thx.

20. Franz

Franz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970 Windforce OC
    After some long testing i had some blue screens with this driver, what a mess. But since release not more than three. :paranoid: