Anonymous takes down Playstation website and Playstation Network

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by (IRE)Wolfman, Apr 6, 2011.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^From what being said the freetards were using some type of custom firmware hack to access the PSN store and download everything and anything for free....so its no wonder Sony pulled the whole thing.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    damn my luck..i was about to buy Dead Space Extraction which supports move and since days its OFFLINE bigtime..

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400

lol.....

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    You get what you pay for. Oh wait....lol

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    on PS websitei saw that with latest update thereis a feature that PS PLUS or somthing..is it real? but need to pay i guess..for an example u can uplaod ur save game files..hmm...

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I assume that you don't own a PS3, because with a response like that being an owner of a PS3 you run the risk of you looking like a massive moron. On that assumption the people who are against Anon's actions and own a PS3 have a hell of a more right to be posting in topics such as this over some massive idiot who hates Sony and doesn't own a PS3, you know since these events wouldn't affect them in the slightest.

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Yeah, PS+ subscribers now get the ability to upload and store their game saves on the PS3 cloud online storage service, and that includes copy protected saves.

8. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Interesting...

I want to know: What happens to those saves if I stop suscribing? [See the money grab?]

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Better hope you have a copy of them on your hard drive. Because you'll never see them again.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    You can no longer access the save game cloud feature, obviously if you know your not going to subscribe again you would download all your game saves before your sub to PS+ runs out.

Its a nice free feature for those who already sub to the PS+...I'm seriously considering getting the PS+ myself, seeing as i can get two £20 PSN cards for just under £18 each, that would mean i can get 12 months of PS+ for £36.....hey its only £3 but its better in my pocket that there's. LOL

Oh and at the moment if you subscribe to the PS+ before May 2011 you get 3 months extra...so that for me works out a 15 months of PS+ for £36. ;)

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It's not a free feature. It's one of the features that comes with the service that you are paying for.

12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I really don't feel the need to cover old ground to explain why I don't like Sony.

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Hence why i stated..."Its a nice free feature for those who already sub to the PS+".

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I notice you failed to answer the question as well.

You either own a PS3 in which case your statement is hypocritically moronic or you don't in which case your opinion is far less worthless than the PS3 owner who doesn't endorse Anon's actions, that you seem to think shouldn't be allowed to comment on actions that affect the PS3 system...

and I don't really care why you hate Sony, and whilst you express that hatred through monosyllabic single line statements of zero fact or reason I doubt very many people will care.

15. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200

16. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    I figured it was something like that. Thanks for the link. It appears to not be much different from an enterprise network. You gain access to a dev machine, you gain access to a lot of things end users shouldn't have access to. It's like playing in sandbox mode on the PSN.

This piece entered because I've been drinking and thoughts keep pouring out: While I'm not against hacking into or cracking proprietary software, it's important to note that it could de-stabilize a network designed for the proprietary software.

17. SamW

SamW Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
    I don't get it nothing makes sense to me here. There is some sort of security failure, but why is the entire network down?
    I mean if people are illegally downloading things, why not simply disable downloads or disable the developer network?
    Instead SONY has to tear down the entire network?
    I mean unless the network was designed in a way that makes per service, per feature moderation intractable, I don't see why SONY has to go through such drastic measures. Really the only thing that should require a complete shutdown would be a complete failure in the security of authentication.

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^You do realise that everything posted so far has been sheer speculation, as of yet nobody actually knows just why Sony pulled the PSN other than the one official statement that it was hacked....that's about it...no details on why,who and what.

Credit cards and personal info being compromised, PSN and dev network being compromised, PSN store being compromised...its all been speculation so far.

For me at this point i dont really care why its down, i just want then to fix it so that it does not happen again, so i would rather they take time now, while it is down, and fix whatever the issues there are so it cant happen again in the future.

19. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Thanks anonymous for PSN and Lovefilm being down on Easter holiday. F*** ***

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well i tried to showcase GT5 to my friends last weekend when psn is/was down. FFS!!!