medium length haired guys.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by damien666, Apr 17, 2011.

1. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I mostly use Gatsby. I like the pink one the most, then the neon green. This is if I feel like actually doing my hair or probably because I'm asian.
    [​IMG]

On more lazy days I use their wax just to kinda keep my hair down or textured. I have a few different versions. This is what I use when my hair gets longer.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I would show you them in action, but I need a haircut...

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  3. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    My hair stops just above my shoulders. Although you can put some sort of gel in it, it usually just clumps it together and does nothing. It's best to leave it alone and let it do it's own thing.

4. Frog_Smoker

Frog_Smoker Member Guru

GPU:
    CirrusLogic 1MB
    I use gel, but when my hair gets longer than about 4-5 inches nothing works for me. It is now about 9 inches long and annoys me so I will get it cut soon.

:wanker:

5. spamkebab

spamkebab Member Guru

GPU:
    inno3d 480gtx
    Lol Dodged a giant MULLET

6. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    heh my friend used to use those. didnt work for my hair tho, cause im not azn. =[

7. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok guys today i got my self

-straighteners
    -hair dryer
    -wax
    -hair spray
    -brush + comb

before today i had some hair gel and thats it :) i dint even own a comb/brush...anyhow just styles my hair for the first official time and burned just about every part of my scull with the DAMN straighteners but i survived and it looks ok for a first etemp :) ill let my hair grow another 2 inch i think they get it cut to asian mullet

8. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    my hair is very long, I use suave and their creme rinse I have forever, cheap and works great

9. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Is your hair naturally curly like in your self portraits? It might take a bit more work everyday, so you might have to wake up earlier just to straighten it. I'm not gonna lie, I do straighten my hair, and it takes about 5-10 minutes in the morning. You don't have to use that much wax if you hair is cut right. Sometimes you don't even need hair product if it is cut right. Some asians like the dry look and thats why we don't use gel, but instead use wax, paste, etc.
    When you get your hair cut, you might want to tell them to thin it out and have it razor cut. Or just bring them a picture, and if they know what they are doing, it will be OK. Honestly there are people that know how to cut hair and there are those that know how to style hair. Many times if the same lady isn't working that day, I will just leave because some people just don't know what you are looking for or have not cut that many different ethnicies of hair types.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  10. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

yes mate my hair is naturally curly and light and fluffy... its not good at all. just liek my pics of me on here :(

anyhow i have spent along time trying not to burn my self this morning with the straightener and im quiet please with the results ill post pics soon

ps how the **** do people straighten their hair without burning them selfs, any tips please post... all you can hear from my bathroom is

OUCH..ouchouch OUCHHHHH ****ing hell thats hot...OUCHHHH :'((((( ouch bloody nora....yyaaaaa... i give up **** that lol

11. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    Where I'm from, guys don't use gel :p I havent since the 7th grade, and once when my friend liz put it on me because I looked 'hotter'

Buffalo baby

12. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

i used to have super long hair(long ass time ago), at first i burned myself alot too. but after awhile you get the hang of it.

i kinda liked having long hair, but it was a pain in the ass haha.
    [​IMG]

13. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok heres the pics...not the best but a clean difference :) lets see how it holds up agaist a 10mile bike ride to work... im from uk

ps no idea whats on my eye it would seem to be a shadow or sumat :( never mind

heres before
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3955496&postcount=611

heres after first try

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Even when I had medium length I used nothing. I have long thick awesome hair and all I do is clean and condition it. If you styling products it just makes you look silly and vain. My opinion though.

15. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    err that was me when I first started doing it. You learn to grab the ends of your hair then once you slide the straigtener away from your head, you quickly let go, and continue in the direction you want your hair to lift. Sometimes you have to do a swooping motion on the back of your hair so that it's just not flat. Also, using conditioner every time you shower helps and combing after completly drying your hair. To make drying your hair faster, shake your head side to side (kinda like a dog) and then towel dry.

Check out this guy's vid if you want to try it. Keep in mind asian hair is thinner for some people so it stands up easier.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg0F5sHFgaI
    In this vid the guy has his sideburns really long which is longer than mine right now. My next hair cut I'm going to try something else and I got the idea from a Japanese drama I was watching. This guys particular style was his sidburns and above his ears were cut high but the hair above his sideburns and ears were longer so it's a little neater and hair doesn't get in your ear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Many people will see asian hair sticking up all over the place and the uninformed or those who have no style think you just woke up like that.
    Also I notice many girls check out when I have longer hair. Short hair, I get nothing.

16. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    that's quiet amazing my hair stud up to the winds while biking :) normally i have untameable Afro by the time i get to work... wax + spray dont look or feel hard but it sure works

17. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    who needs fancy hair crap, the suave is cheap and works,

oh an no you can't touch my hair..

[​IMG]

18. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    I just spit on my hand and rub it on the hair.

19. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    o_O

weird lol, are you a farm lad??

20. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    J/K i don't use anything for my hair lol I'm city boy :D