MX vs ATV Reflex

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by lorikano, Apr 10, 2011.

1. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Hi
    Is anyone having terrible performance issue like : 30fps cap lock .I cant find a way around fixing this and nobody has solutions , and updates dont fix anything .Does anyone has a fix ?

2. Metz

Metz Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850 TOP CF
    The Caps lock was introduced to stop various forms of cheating online. You can use the original .exe before the patch to get around the FPS caps.

It is kind of funny how they went about this. The game runs horrible in the first place and they introduced a bunch of performance fixes but then cap the online to 30. Kind of makes the performance improvements mute unless your just running hot laps offline.

The game is one of the worst ports I have seen in a long time.

3. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    only prob i had when it was just released,was it crashes after awhile.
    Updates(steam)fix that for me,haven't play in awhile though.

didn't pay much for it,i think 50% off on D2D,then register it on steam.

4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    wait, is it uncapped/60 offline, just 30 in multiplayer?

5. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Yes and no. You'll get up to 60 in Supercross but the outdoor is locked. I've lost a lot of frames on this since going CrossFire. Thats to be expected of course since it's a lousy lousy port by Double Helix and they'll have no dual GPU in mind for this.

Dirt 2, F1 2010, Ferrari Virtual Academy, Crysis 2 runs flawless with CrossFire.

My favourite part about how messed up this game is, is the controls. Have you lot came across the annoying workaround to change the controls? I mean seriously have you ever seen a game company that configures this that if a button is already taken it can't be assigned to something else that is already assigned. They have it locked in unless you press the centre stick when it comes up, ??? to enter the control.

It doesn't matter what I do in Radeon Pro I can't get any better performance out of the game.

The AI in this game is horrid, just horrid. It's a carnage into the first corner or next straight with jumps to a triple. All I ever see on legendary or whatever the hardest setting is, bikes and bodies bouncing about the ground doing cartwheels everywhere.

I really regret buying it. I didn't bother buying it for the console as it looks just terribly nasty with no anti-aliasing. Somebody I know that has it for the Xbox 360 said the AI is worse on the console than the PC port. How sad is that when the main developers Rainbow can't even get it right.

6. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i have it for ps3, but was eye'ing the pc one since it contains those dlc packs (& of course i can run it 1920x1200, maybe force AA, take screenshots & videos)

let's say you're not on CF & have a fast card, supercross is 60 & outdoor is 30, regardless of sp or mp?