Forceware 270.51

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dudikaz, Mar 30, 2011.

1. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    I'm having issues with Crysis 2 and 285gtx sli with this driver. Havn't been able to see if it's a common driver bug but there are some lockup issues and flickering light as wel. After disabling sli all is good. Back to 267.24 for me. I however do not know if it's a bug in the 267.24 driver as wel as I don't want to replay the level again...and again...and again. PC is getting on my nerves lately.:3eyes:

2. residentour

residentour Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I have temp problem so I log temps to file everytime, this driver gave 3 degrees less temps with same procedure applied identically. 82 > 79

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    How is that a problem?

4. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I was wondering that my self? How is that a problem, be glad it went down. Also, temps can vary from day to day, for an example youre ambient temp can be higher or lower (room temp)? So its actually very hard to see if you have higher or lower temps in reality.

5. residentour

residentour Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    3 degree decrease is not that problem, my card should work less than 70 but with a heavy load Furmark it passes 95, so I monitor every movement.

270.51 gave 3 decrease after doing a test sequence in Crysis 2.

Room is warmer since it is sunny spring here, and case ambient temp is 0.5 degrees higher.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    cool heh.

7. collinvue

collinvue Member

GPU:
    ~ 169 GB/sec. currently
  8. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    It does cost a lot of money to WHQL something so i guarantee nvidia doesn't want to send buggy drivers off to M$ just to quality test them when nvidia can do it themselves.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not exactly alot of money, heard it was $250 per OS, so $1000 per driver.

10. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    The 267.24 driver has the same problem. Must be a sli issue.:biggun:

11. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Great driver like every driver i dont see any big difference xD, well these are keepers for me :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  12. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    massive video stuttering and checking with the XP64 version of these drivers, so much so I had to boot into safe mode to get rid of them, xp would not finish booting cleanly enough for me to go into the CP to uninstall them

win7 they rock..

13. mapel110

mapel110 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Gigabyte OC
    eddieveenstra, the flickering with SLI is an APP bug. Crytek needs to fix that.

14. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 580 Lightning 1010mhz
    guys which driver would you recommend for benching in 3dmark 03/05/06?

and which one for heaven

15. qqiiipp

qqiiipp Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    <FPS Whore Detected>
    :)
    Different drivers behave different on different systems, so you have to find which ones suits your system best. I do not believe there is one "universal" driver that will be the best for every1, but i always prefer the latest and i do not really care about those 2-3 fps up or down that they may give(Personal Opinion).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011

16. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 580 Lightning 1010mhz
    im benching on hwbot for guru3d team and I want to get the best possible scores for my system so every fps counts

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It seems like you'll have to do that comparison yourself then ;) You won't find many benchmark scores in these threads and they won't really be useful to you anyhow.

18. toomi1982

toomi1982 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Hey guys. I have little problem. How to enable physx in 3dMark Vantage. When i set physx on auto, then it don`t work. Is it driver problem or something else??

19. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    PhysX in 3DMark Vantage seems to function differently than in real world applications. For example, if I set my 8800 GTS for PhysX in the Nvidia Control Panel I score lower than when I set PhysX to my GTX 275. However in actual games, when I set my 8800 GTS to process PhysX the performance is very noticeably increased over the GTX 275.

Hope that sort of answers your question (though I'm not sure if you're using dual cards and one for PhysX or not). Basically PhysX in 3DMark Vantage should always be set to use your primary video card (the same as the one you use for rendering) for benchmarking purposes (i.e. highest possible score).

20. gloves085

gloves085 Guest

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 2080 ti
    Physx in 3dMark

IIRC Vantage has now disabled GPU Physx in benchmarking to settle the score between AMD and nVidia and it is a CPU Physx test only.