Dragon Age 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    My character is a warrior (two handed) i have, isabella, anders and merrill, worked well for me so far.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Kinda old, but you're the first to say it's Amazing. Everyone else is a negative nancy.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol negative? why? thats AMAZING too!!! lol...:wanker:

5. dracis

dracis Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    Depends. They're giving you the game for free, but the last time I checked, Mass Effect 2 was on sale for $20. $60 for DA2 is still steep, imo.

Hmmm...

Update: They seem to have changed this (I think) as I'm sure the forum backlash was something they didn't expect. AFAIK, they did not include the Cerberus Network with this deal until now. I could be wrong though.

And,

You must purchase the game NEW and have the Black Emporium DLC in order to qualify for the ME2 deal. If you bought the game used, you have to purchase the BE DLC for DA2.

No biggie I suppose. So, $60 for DA2 gets you the Black Emporium DLC which you need to get ME2 that includes the Cerberus Network. (Whew!)

Still not worth it, imo. I've learned to just wait for the GOTY Edition and get it for $20 with all of the DLC included. :p Besides, there's a handful of better games more deserving for a purchase than DA2 on the horizon. I'm not going to complain if someone gave it to me for free, but honestly, what I thought was a day-one purchase was quickly derailed by all the bad press it got both from users and Bioware's own folly. I want a RPG, not a "press a button and something awesome happens" game.

As I said, this "deal" just reeks of desperation to boost sales numbers. They went from 89K pre-order sales to only 29k on the second week for PC. That says something about the quality of the product, no? You have to remember that initial sales are also based on pre-orders as well. The first week of sales should reflect this.

Here's the chart for XBOX360 and PS3. Kind of dismal, isn't it?

Total sales thus far for DA2 XBO360 is 295K units in the first week. For Dragon Age, it was 240K. Mass Effect 2 sold 668K units in the first week... Again, bundle your hot seller with one that got bad press and it'll sell more. Logical thinking, heh.

Last I checked, you don't get paid from your publisher if your sales don't meet expectations. I'm sure they need more money as Gaider has more hair to buy for his head as well. ;)

I'm sure there's tons of people that dislike DLC because it has nothing more to offer gameplay wise. Story elements would be a different category, but small items like swords and belts, I'm sure people can pass on.

From what I read, the BE DLC for DA2 is pretty nice as it lets you redo your character's appearance at any time during the course of the game. Free items is always a plus as well, but the price point for most of the "garbage" DLC is really not worth it imo. They played up how your saved games carry over into Dragon Age 2 from Origins, and so far, I haven't read anything that really shows it was worth it, either. They did the same with Mass Effect 2, and I was pretty disappointed, to say the least.

I mean, what's the point? I would rather have them concentrate on making a better game with less lies and fluff. Remember how Gaider said that there would be hundreds of decisions that carried over to Mass Effect 2 from the first game? There's a ME2 promo vid where he says this if you don't believe me. How about a grand total of FIVE? Maybe nine if you want to get technical. Hundreds, indeed. LOL.

With DA2, they already have a predetermined path no matter what decision you make from the first game (with imported saves or not). Simply put, your choices don't mean squat. They need to stop making this a selling point.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    it says invalid key on me..on EA downloadmanager i check my key and copy paste to that website but doenst accept..why?

7. dracis

dracis Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    D'oh. :3eyes:

Edit: Now they're including the Firepower Pack from ME2 as well. Good lord.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  8. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    well.. i'm having 2 mages and a tanker as partymates.. maybe that explains why i'm cruising through enemies. mages for AoE and crowd control, and my rogue for fast killing the important targets like boss and mages.

@dracis
    they consolized DA:O and made DA2. i think the gameplay has gotten worse and turned from RPG into an adventure type of game.

9. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    anyone have any idea on how magic damage is computed? MAGIC stat doesn't seem to affect it..?

10. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    To be fair, almost all the decisions are carried over into the save file, and a lot are actually used. Problem is, minor storyline events from ME1 have minor storyline impact in ME2. Same applies to DA1 and DA2.

We'll see if the Witcher 2's implementation is any better in a few months...

11. djwid63

djwid63 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 6850
    I think I may be one of the few(?) people who has fallen in love with the CharGen so much I've spending more time fiddling around with it than playing the game. I have finished it more than once already, but its the CharGen that keeps me coming back for more!

Just a few shots of my Hawke and his cohorts..:p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of my favorite party members... tweaked to look like Rachel Weisz
    [​IMG]

One of my save files where Hawke happens to look like Wolverine... o_O
    [​IMG]

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    You are not the only one who likes to screw arround with character creation. In ME1/2 and DA1/2 I spend like at least 20 minutes on each character, hell last night I deleted my mage 3 times because I didn't like how he turned out. And then I realised I have forgotten about the emporium dlc with the transformation mirror... :bang:

13. djwid63

djwid63 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 6850
    LOL yeah I spend countless hours just trying to mod my own companions as well as the other NPCS. I must say the DA CharGen is a lot more in-depth and more customizable compared to ME1 & 2's. I think this is as close as it can get for me to a Hollywood production for DA2.. (I know I know... fanboy)

Another Logan Hawke shot... :p
    [​IMG]
    Leo Dicaprio wannabe.... :p
    [​IMG]
    THIS... IS... KIRKWALL!
    [​IMG]
    Powerhouse tandem... Jonathan Rhys Meyers of The Tudors included... (I wish)
    [​IMG]

Yep, I'm obsessed.:nerd:

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Love that one... looks uncannily like Hugh Jackman.

What are the settings to get the character to look like that as I'd like to apply them to my save game via the Black Emporium's mirror? Aren't the character settings kept separate from the save files anyway... is it possible to upload the actual data files please?

15. djwid63

djwid63 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 6850
    It's a lil' complex for me to explain, but it's a rather simple process. :) Extracting character morphs from game saves into .mor files. Here's the downloadable resource file for your companions as well as NPCs.

http://social.bioware.com/project/4303/#files

Here's the thread for more info.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dra...Spoilers/Face-editing-using-CC-6531282-1.html

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011

16. dracis

dracis Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    If you go here, you can see all of the decisions that carry over to ME2. Then go here and download the gibbed save editor and check to see what carries over. :nerd: No telling (besides the obvious) if any of the other decisions carry over to ME3, but that list is so underwhelming. Besides, it's not a matter of what carries over, it's how Gaider said "hundreds" of decisions. False marketing, much?

The good thing in all this is that your decisions from Mass Effect 1 & 2 carry over to ME3. It's kind of obvious to see what does carry over after the Game Informer scans, but I'm going to approach this one very carefully. Bioware isn't known for their honesty as of late.

Just saw this posted. If you think your decisions in Bioware games make any impact at all, well, prepare to be severely disappointed.

[​IMG]

Don't give us decisions if you're going to disregard the way we want to play the game you designed. If they're not meant to be killed or saved, then why would you give us that option in the first place? That is so damn moronic, it's not even funny.

That would explain why Conrad came back a certain way in Mass Effect 2 regardless of how you treated him in the first game. Bioware thought it would be the best choice for you for him to say you've treated him Renegade.

Oh, God. I hope so. Even if it didn't import anything, the production values are like day and night between the two. Can't wait. :)

17. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    To be fair, he always exports as Renegade in the first place, so thats possibly a glitch. [Theres one or two other quests that are known glitches as well...]

Secondly, making a story based on hundreds of potential different events is VERY hard to do. I'm not making excuses, but it makes sense that only a few major decisions will have any meaningful impact.

18. dracis

dracis Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    Yeah, the bug when you clearly made a certain decision for a situation not sticking is, well, just wrong. And they still haven't fixed it. Well, they can't unless they plan to re-hire the voice actors again to patch it, lol.

I get what you're trying to say, but what I'm getting at is that they need to stop using it as a selling point if they're not going to implement it correctly or fix it. That's all. :) Gaider straight-out lied about it. And they keep playing on it like it's a selling point. It's clearly not when it doesn't function correctly or has no consequence whether or not what decision you made. Hence my picture above.

Oh, the 1.02 DA2 patch is out guys. Here's the link.
    http://social.bioware.com/page/da2-patches
    Have fun. :)

19. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    The Mass Effect Trilogy was always planned as a trilogy...................that is why not all the choices in ME1 had outcomes in ME2.

Damn people are thick :knock:

This is the reason why ME3 will be so epic. Not because it will 'fix' the 'lack' out outcomes from choices in ME2 ( as I said; it was planned that way ) but because we'll be able to see the bioware master plan.

When the Rachni are F-ing $#!+ up on Shepard's side you'll know what's up.

20. dracis

dracis Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    Surely that wasn't directed at me. All I have done was point out their mistakes. Not argue whether or not Bioware has a master plan or not.

I'm seriously doubting people here don't actually read the context of my posts, instead, just glance over it and proceed with a reply. Heh.

I know that certain decisions don't carry over because of the content in Mass Effect 3 (re: Ashley & Kaidan). That wasn't the point. What I was explaining was that they're giving you a choice to play the game your way and regardless of you picking the way you want to play, they throw it back in your face and proceed to make the game they want. In layman's terms, your decisions don't mean jack (no pun intended).

So what if you hated Ashley enough to leave her to explode with a makeshift nuclear bomb in the first game on Virmire? She obviously won't be back in Mass Effect 2 as that's stating the obvious. She's dead. But all of a sudden, she's miraculously alive in Mass Effect 3? ROFL. Master Plan, indeed.

It's not about it being epic. It's about consistency. Yes, some people play it for that, I know. But if you chose to kill the Rachni Queen in the first game and she's back in the third, don't you think that's a bit, I don't know, lazy?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011