RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    CCC Shouldn't exist since this one.. thanks!

My PC and I thank you every day for this!

ps. Are there Skins available?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. Ogied

Ogied New Member

Having some troubles running RP.

Been using RP for a while now and never encountered any problems until a few days ago. Currently using it to play Rift and from the get go has been running very good. Now, when I try to execute RP all I get is the RP icon in the system tray and when moused over it disappears. No errors pop up or anything. It is also listed as running in the service tab on task manager. I have tried un/reintstalling many times and with previous versions with no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

specs
    Win7 prem 64bit
    x2 radeon HD5770 1g (catalyst version 10.12(newer version give me a BSOD for some reason))
    AMD Phenom II x4 965 processor
    8g ram

3. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    Good morning everyone.
    I would like to bring to the attention of my problems with the current build of Radeonpro (1.1.0.6):
    1) When running the Profile Wizard of Radeonpro settings
    Launcher are not immediately recognized after.
    2) I have problems starting Radeonpro together with ATI Tray Tool, but only for games played online. No problem for the same games in single player. This 'is happening and' that Radeonpro starts flashing intermittently, even up the tray icon in the taskbar.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  4. GPUCoder

GPUCoder Member

GPU:
    ATI HD5870 CF @ 1GHz
    Hello to all. I have used sometimes japamd's great tool RadeonPro, but as I remember I always had some troubles with the way profiles apply.

As of now I use latest version of radeonpro at windows vista 64, ati 10.12 WHQL + 11.2CAP4

So, the problem is that profiles and radeonpro functionality in general seems to inject in the game only through radeonpro's shortcuts and not via the original game shortcuts. I thought that it should apply profiles automatically when you launch the exe of the game whichever the shortcut?

FYI I don't start the tool with windows and have the service set to manual. Can it be just that? It's strange because the service starts at manual when i open radeonpro so why the profiles don't stick while service is already running?

I hope someone of you guys or even japamd has a solution to that.:)
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

5. JackM

JackM Guest

With the service set to automatic and RadeonPro started with Windows, profile will be automatically applied when you launch a game for which one is defined. No more shortcut is needed.

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Thanks saif :)

Skins are being reworked, I think everyone will enjoy the new possibilities that will be brought by the brand new skins engine! (expect some bugs too...)

3933113, try to start RP as administrator and see if it fixes the problem.

GGC=Phantomblu, regarding your bug reports:

1) It's not working indeed. That will be fixed on next release.
    2) Did you tried to use RP without ATT just to see if the flashing is gone? Does it happen with every online game or just some specific ones?

GPUCoder, starting the game through RP or by its normal shortcut have the same effect, the detection code is external to RP interface so it's either detecting your games starting or not. Please try enabling OSD features, enable the FPS counter and see if you can actually see it.

7. asingh

asingh Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 4890 (X-Fire)
    Using this great tool to get rid of the darn bloom flicker for Crysis 2.

Not able to:

1. See FPS counters.
    2. Remove the Xfire bars.

Patched to the latest version for game+RadeonPRO.
    [​IMG]

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Check RP settings, you'll find options to select FPS display corner and an option to disable the CFX bar. You can toggle display for OSD items, just set the hotkeys in settings.

Edit: in your screenshot you aren't using latest version.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  9. asingh

asingh Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 4890 (X-Fire)
    ^^
    Doesn't the tool auto-patch to latest if I click on the blue link at the bottom "check for updates". Which other way..?

In the screenshot above, the modal form "RadeonPRO Settings" the Xfire bar is unchecked, and I saved it. Still the bar appears.

Is there any other setting..?

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    asingh, it may be a bug then. You should try to uninstall current version then download and latest version 1.1.0.6. But if you're running on Windows XP, keep using 1.0.9.5, newer builds have limited support for XP.

11. asingh

asingh Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 4890 (X-Fire)
    ^^
    Sure thanks. Will do as you suggested. Am on Win7.

Thanks.

12. Hey guys, has anyone figured out a way to get decent fps in shift2 unleashed? Other than selecting afr frendly...also aa isnt working with this game - performance is horrible lol

13. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    I really don't know what you guys are doing wrong. I have every setting maxed out except AA and I get constant 60fps with only one HD5770.

14. kuddles

kuddles Guest

GPU:
    AMD Powercolor 7970
    Is anyone else having troubles using RP with the new drivers? Ever since I updated to 11.2, the overlay stuff still works (FPS counter, screenshots), but none of the profiles do. I can't get it to turn vsync on using game profiles in RP, nor do the Global profile settings seem to attach as they are different when I bring up CCC.

It has to be an issue with how it's working with CCC, because going back to 10.12 eliminates this problem.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  15. Manp

Manp Guest

GPU:
    2x HD 6970 Crossfire
    hi japamd, first of all i must say that your tool is the best thing ever for us ATI users, you alone are outshining every effort AMD/ATI has ever done to give us a proper way to manage our settings.

then i'm posting this because of a problem i'm having since version 1.1.0.0 where vsync in Dead Space is not applied. i have tested every possible combination of settings in the "Visual" and "Tweaks" tabs, with every Catalyst version since 11.1 up to 11.4rc and the issue is always there.

i'm sure it used to work with older versions of your tool, it works using D3DOverrider and vsync (with triple buffering) is correctly applied in Dead Space 2.

of course i'm not talking about the ****ty ingame vsync that caps the framerate at 30 fps...

can you help?

tnx :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011

16. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire
    Hi Japamd,

As suggestion, (honestly I didn't check if you already wrote it somewhere),

but :

I switch between drivers several times (in fact, always when a new one is out)

I meet some problem with functionalities of radeonpro (loss of fps in corner, cfx bar not shown, or recovered driver during games).

I changed my method (which was uninstalling drivers, cleaning with twl/von method, but not touching to radeonpro), to a new one, which always fixes these kind of issues (at least from 10.10e to 11.4prev ):

Now I always uninstall radeonpro and its profiles (that you can backup/Restore), clean the program files radeonpro folder, before uninstalling drivers.

Then, after reinstallation of amd drivers, I reinstall radeonpro and import my profiles.

Using this method avoided all issues that I could meet before, with or without CAP installed.

This was just sharing my experience :)

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    For forced vsync in D3D games, you can try Aggressive detection when normal detection doesn't apply forced vsync, did you already tried it?

About settings not being applied, it depends on what you're doing. Maybe you're using forced AA with a previous catalyst version, then 11.2 removed support for forced AA for a particular game.

Thanks. For Dead Space you need to use Aggressive detection. Works for me.

Same here, I update catalyst almost every driver release (hotfix, beta or official). But I don't uninstall previous driver before installing a new one (unless it's required), and RP still works. I just finish RP before installing a different catalyst driver, then start it again when the installation is done.

18. Manp

Manp Guest

GPU:
    2x HD 6970 Crossfire
    it used to work for me too... now:

RadeonPro settings:
    [​IMG]

in game:
    [​IMG]

i already tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything but nothing changed.
    i'm on RP 1.1.0.6 and Catalyst 11.4 (march 23 release).

as i said i can get vsync to work with D3DOverrider but i want to get rid of it if i can.
    any suggestions?

19. kuddles

kuddles Guest

GPU:
    AMD Powercolor 7970
    No, I'm having the same issues as Manp where forced vsync in my game profiles used to work (most recently Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2) and now they suddenly don't. And when I say settings aren't being applied, they aren't being applied at all. For example, if I select vsync on and 4xAA in even the Global settings of RadeonPro, it still won't work in any game and it also doesn't show up as the global settings in CCC, suggesting that something isn't "clicking" between the two.

Like I said, I have a hunch that it has to do with 11.2 because that's when I believe I started having these problems (and manp saying his problems also started with the 11 series of drivers only supports that). I recently did a clean re-install of Windows recently (new hard drive), so if you say you usually don't uninstall your old Catalyst drivers, maybe there's a file or something that no longer exists in the new versions? If I have some free time this week, I'll try installing 10.12 again and then installing 11.2 over it and seeing if there's a difference.

It just sucks because I liked your "all-in-one" solution but now I'm back to my old method of manually selecting presets in the CCC desktop tray, then running D3DOverrider and FRAPS.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    @Manp, I'm doing exactly the same and vsync is working :( I need to investigate why it's not working in some cases, but it's not easy as I can't reproduce the error.

@kuddles, CCC settings and RP global/profiles settings are not mirrored.

Try 11.4 preview just to see if it fixes the issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.