Internet Explorer 9 Glitching

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by TylerD004, Apr 5, 2011.

1. TylerD004

TylerD004 Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon 5870 1GB
    I have a Geforce 480 and I've tried several drivers ranging from the 260s to the new 270, and I've never had IE9 working properly with GPU acceloration enabled.

Text and images will get glitchy and will not accurately show what the page actually looks like. Scrolling makes it all evident.

I've searched quite a bit and can't find anything. Am I the only one having this issue?

2. Mikel7

Mikel7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX970/4096Mb
    I use the IE 9 for some time now and never noticed anything like that.
    I'm using 32bit IE 9 under Windows 7 64bit and 270.51 driver.

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    i've used IE9 since it's release and i like it cause its fast but it does have some annoying glitches but i dont have the one that you described

4. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Best advice I can give you is to use FF, Opera or Chrome instead. I never use ie9, unless I have to.

5. nakedninja42

nakedninja42 Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    I had a problem with flash on IE 9 from beta to final. Finally figured out that if I reset IE 9, all the issues I had went away. See if thats the issue instead of drivers.

Internet Options>Advanced>Reset

If that does not fix it, then see if you can change it to software rendering instead of GPU. Found in the same Advanced screen.

6. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    I dumped IE9. It was glitchy and slow.

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    my banks drop down menu is only working in internet explorer, in firefox and chrome the menu wont drop and clicking dont work.

8. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Wait... people still use IE?

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    As much as I hate to say it, yes IE9 is definitely glitchy. I just finished uninstalling it in fact, because web pages were being rendered so slow and youtube wasn't playing properly.

At first I thought it was my internet connection, but after checking it, it was fine. So I downloaded Google Chrome and I had none of those issues at all..

It's a shame, because I really liked IE9 :(

*Edit* Reinstalled IE9 again and the problems have disappeared. If I had to guess, I think that installing GPU drivers can potentially mess with IE9's web page rendering, seeing as it uses hardware acceleration.

Before I used the 270.51 drivers, I was installing and uninstalling drivers frequently, so I think that could have caused some problems.

Anyway, I'm glad to be off Google Chrome. Never used it before, and I don't like it half as much as IE9. It's also noticeably slower than IE9 as well.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  10. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Find a better bank. Or are they holding your money hostage? :vader:

11. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Yes, of course. To add Firefox, Opera, Chrome or anything you need to download it first (through IE). :p Then when you choose to uninstall IE after that, all that happens is the shortcut to it gets deleted and Windows continues to run on hardcoded pieces of IE even if you pull out the internet cable. :p :p

12. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
  13. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    I have had no issues with ie9 from beta thru release, at work and home.. work has 280GTX, Home 480GTX SLI.. Both on the 270.51 now..

You probably have addons or toolbars in it.. The only, ONLY toolbar i run is Roboform.. Toolbars will always be the deaths of browsers..

14. rgnuyda

rgnuyda Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI560GTX Ti Twin Frzr2OC
    IE9 seems fine here.

Glitching you say? How about games? Chrome? Firefox?

15. nfigot

nfigot Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 480 x 2 (SLI)
    I'm running 480s in SLI on Win 7 64. I use Chrome, but since Windows Update just installed IE9 if you want to provide the steps you use to produce the problem I could test it for you on my system.

Neil

16. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    I think I know what you're calling the glitch. Sometimes when this happens I get some kind of message that says something like
    "Internel Explorer is re-rendering the page to prevent cross-scripting" or something like that.

Here I've found an article which talks about it. Take a look:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...-protect-me-from-cross-site-scripting-attacks

Here's another article talking about how to turn off the cross-scripting protection in IE9:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...internet/d83027b7-d14f-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

And here's another good one:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/...cts/ie-9/features/cross-site-scripting-filter

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  17. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011