OCUK selling unused harddrives that have been used and more!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by PirateNeilsouth, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    They related to OC.com?

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Actually Ocuk have the worst rep on the web for bad customer service and faulty goods,i suggest you do some research on it,infact ask Gibbo...the moderator that has been reinstated,when he was over at Novatech he told me some right horror stories that go on at Ocuk like them shipping out faulty hardware(which i have been on the receiving end of years ago)just hoping for it to dissappear...pretty bad when you have just spent loads of money on a particular piece of hardware....

i mean years ago i had some broken hardware come to my house that was broken out of the box,i posted on the forum about it and said its totally unacceptable and unprofessional......i recieved a suspension for "Purchasing an item,spending my hard earned cash and asking a question and giving my opinion"WTF is that all about????huh
    Look what happened to Mufflore,the poster on here with his SB motherboard and Ocuk,he had right problems with them.
    WORST company ever!

fasteddy i totally beleive in what hes saying as i have seen and heard it for myself,its not bull**** as you say kitch9,so i suggest that you take yourself back over to that "great" place that your *trying* to defend cause you aint fooling anybody on this forum,i hope the door hits you on the way out and knocks some sense into ya...have fun over there:)

Edit: Ocuk...wouldnt touch them with an "Extended" Barge pole
    Theres a reason why there site link is banned from Guru3d.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  3. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Lul, OCUK messing up yet again.

They really don't do themselves any favors with the replys there xd..

"...they are new in the sense they are not pre-owned..."

Lol this cracked me up big time.

So a show car, or an exhibition item would in their own words also be classed as brand new(?), haha...talk about backpeddling. Sounds more like an unserious cellar business then a proper company.

A HDD with 150 hours on it is not brand new, 17 hours I wouldn't care at £45 for 1.5 TB with 1y full warranty but 150h and then the lies are just a dealbreaker.

4. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    They're incompetant idiots.

Recently i find a combination of Scan, Overclock.co.uk and Ebuyer to be cheaper. OCUK can suck on my hairy bean bag, not to mention their customer service is leagues ahead for each of them.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    3 years ago approx, I bought a TV from them as new, advertised as new.
    What I was received was a joke.
    The TV wasnt in its own box, it was squeezed into the box of another TV with broken polystyrene for padding.
    The whole mess was held together by what looked like bin liners, which were tied round it!!
    I even tried it (ever the optimist) and it was also broken, 1080p didnt fit the screen.
    Clearly someone elses broken TV that they cant get rid of.

I had a right nightmare returning it.
    Only when threatened with legal action and alerting trading standards did they give me my refund, this was after ignoring my support requests and fobbing me off more than a few times over the phone with empty promises.
    Then they didnt add the postage to the refund so I had to battle with them again.
    I swore then that it was the last time I would ever use them.

Too much effing optimist in me, I was suckered again.
    Never again now though.
    Even if they are the only place that has stock, I'm waiting, much healthier option :)

6. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I tried returning a VGA cooler i bought for one of my 5970s under distance selling and they completetly ignored me after i replied and told them it didn't fit the card (it was a non reference). I tried to contact them three times and got ignored each time.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Be funny to do a raid on their forums...post this thread along with the other ones over on their forums...lol

Talk some smack before we all get i.p. permabanned lol

8. fasteddy

fasteddy Guest

GPU:
    2 x Asus HD6950oc
    You sound like you work for them or are very trusting of uk etailers!

I don't know about it being bullsh*t like you say but the thread is over on [H] forums thread no 1596072

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No offense, but sitting here on the side I have been forming my own independent opinion.

My opinion: OC.UK sound like a bunch of bumbling amateurs.

They need to go back to business class 101 and learn the line that supersedes all others, "The customer is always right".

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    After translation reads:

"...they are new in the sense they are used..."

*Translated using the OCUK "Cut-thru-the-crap" Bullshlt Translator

11. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    But how many times have they said the forum has nothing to do with the store

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its not that they are amateurs, they are deliberately evasive if you have a problem and will do whatever they think they can get away with to avoid paying or dealing with the problem.

It is definitely deliberate.
    As was them shipping me second hand, faulty goods in second hand, faulty packaging and then trying to escape dealing with it.
    I was just reading through the emails again, it makes me mad.

They are scammers and I will stand by this.
    I've had other bad experiences with them as well but the TV is the worst.

13. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Meh, I've spent thousands with them over the past few years as I run a dozen or so rigs in my office which are well maintained, never had one issue.

I tend to use them as Scan use City-link which are the WORST delivery company in the UK and I only find Ebuyer cheap for some things. I like the fact OCuk use DPD who tell you to the hour when they are going to deliver as it makes things much easier.

If I ever have an issue I just tend to post in their forums and it usually gets picked up by someone there. I think anybody who runs a busy forum from their shop must have to be reasonably switched on as there's always the risk that threads like the one in thats been posted here thread get out.

Some people just don't know how to ask for help, I sold cars for a lot of years and some customers would just jump off the deep end and kick off without even telling us what the problem was.

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    ocuk user here, used them for a long time, spent a lot of money home and work related.

never had any problems with anything iv ordered which is maybe why iv never had to deal with customer service, never been to their forum either.

a lot of company's sell not so new products for new, but as they get tested you would never know, iv also worked for company's that sell rma's (tested) back as new components in new pc's even other ex users components as new.

the worst was one of these company's was using HD's that had other customers data on them and just doing a quick format(which as most of you know doesn't delete anything apart from the headers) then sending them out as new!!

they are still going by the way doing quite well for them selves too.

15. fasteddy

fasteddy Guest

GPU:
    2 x Asus HD6950oc
    They bloody don't (Scan) they use DPD too now... seems City Link are out of favour.

They'd always been great with me, as are DPD, if I get my regular driver otherwise next day becomes the day after!

16. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I don't use OCUK now, mainly due to price. I have never had an issue with them tbh.

Scan, Aria and Ebuyer are my more usual ports of call now.

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Thats quite an insinuation to push aside anyone who has had problems with them.
    I can post the correspondance I had with them, then you will see for sure that they deliberately avoided sorting the issue.
    I was extremely courteous but it made no difference, then I turned on the pressure, it was NOT the other way round.

18. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    SOME people I said, which is true. I used to have customers I'd sold cars to that I would do my best for and others I couldn't wait to get out the showroom, whilst probably making my feelings obvious as much as I tried to hide it.

There's always going to be isolated incidents with any establishment, and I tend to go with my own experiences than listening to chatter on the net.

Needless to say if somebody crosses me I never use them again and that's my right as a consumer simple as that. OCuk have had plenty of opportunities to cross me over dozens of transactions and they haven't yet so that's that.

19. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    the people who test hardware @ ocuk are dumb as sh*t because i know a former security guard of theirs from their old premises in fenton, stoke on trent, uk he had lots of apparently "dead" hardware that was perfectly fine and still is, once he had a 8800gtx 2 days after release that was an nvidia oem model that still works today.

cases, boards, hard drives all dead to ocuk but perfect to anyone else lol

20. nvViolator

nvViolator Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 5700X
    Ive bought off OCUK for years and spent many thousands of pounds with them for personal and business purposes. I wont go into detail, but the only way I buy from them now is in person at the shop counter and always check the packaging seals are unopen, luckily I live within driving distance or i wouldnt deal with them at all anymore.