Crysis 2 - Tweaking

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John Peterson, Mar 25, 2011.

1. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    The file was 480 mb ...

Did as you suggested, but the problem is still there ... ?

At least restore textures works ... :0)

Pretty wierd ...

2. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    id do it right now if somehow the batch would lookup the crysis folder and copy them to the crysis2 folder. this way wouldnt have to download 440mb of textures that are already on my pc.

3. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hmm...dunno what to do..
    it works here and for friends too..maybe u missed saomething or not, maybe it just not work for u, for what reason ever..

Did u make a screen of those missing textures ingame?

4. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Here you go ... :0)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Getting the same problem as well, also running a 580 gtx as well.
    Could be a driver issue maybe ???

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  6. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same here...on a 580; followed the directions to a tee. Not worried about it right now - I just wanna play the game. Revalidated files and I'm good to go!

I'll watch this thread for further developments...:nerd:

The Way It's Meant to be Played! :wanker:

[​IMG]

7. ToolJar_80

ToolJar_80 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1x2 SLI
    Don't think it's a Nvidia issue. I'm running 2x5850 in crossfire and I also have the same exact issue running this texture pack.

8. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    wow..ok that looks not good..but i dont think it has something to do with the pack, casue ur startscreen / menue is allready getting errors..the textures only apply to ingame...

anyway, here are some screens..And forget the statement about only 3-5 fps drop..its more like 10 - 25 fps..and the vram gets very very full..allready at max for me. 1020 MB usage..and then the game runs. not so smoth anymore. around 18-20 fps..But looks Great..the textures really kicks in..and the new CFG..

Screens:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Without Pack

[​IMG]

With Pack

[​IMG]

i need to make more screens for comparsion..

Without Pack

[​IMG]

With Pack

[​IMG]

9. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    I applied the pack, or so I think, my textures file has a bpk ending. I see a textures folder that weighs 800+ or so megabytes. I dont see a performance hit nor do I see a change honestly. how can I check if I really applied the texture pack?

btw Beta can I apply ur config if I run a 6950?

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    like in the screens above, make a screen of some gras..lol..and post it then u will see if it works...if i play for 20 min. my vram gets full and the game really slows down....

Yes u can use my NOAA Config..;), but i dont know how u force af and aa with ati cards..

with texture pack

[​IMG]

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i get next to 0 FPS drops, maybe because of the extra vram, havnt noticed any drops anyway, still 50-60FPS maxed @ 1680x1050

12. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    so is there anything else applied or just foliage?

I applied your 7.5 config with noaaa game fired up. previously I was using a config maxed out from the advanced config program and I had 44-47 fps. yours is giving me 60fps but i'm yet to apply AA if I can.

I applied 8x mulisampling and morphological filtering on top of it and now I;m back where I was, 44-50fps and thats before I kick in my gpu OC which is good. Game is much much sharper now, to the point where I think my AA is not enough cause I can see jagies sometimes from far away objects.

donno about the textures though, where I am at in the game is already after dark and full of concrete everywhere.

13. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    some daylight screens...with Hres Text..and my CFG..

Looks awesome, just look at these stones. lol...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More @ the screenShot Thread...

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Are you using the 1.2 patch Beta or are you using the Steam version which isn't patched.

As I mentioned in the "RTFM" thread for Crysis 2 .pak file system is now enforced so it'll attempt to only read data from those which results in missing textures if you use the mod in it's current state.
    (Also texturesres needs to be renamed textures after you've changed the textures.pak extension so it's not read as well.)

As a workaround textures.pak with the textures folder will for some reason load parts of the mod but for it to work as intended it needs to be repackaged properly into a updated textures.pak container.

I'll try some other things to verify this properly and see what else might be possible. :)

15. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Seems CryTek is trying to ensure no early mods. A shame too, considering the editor has been leaked, but isn't in the official retail.

16. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I am using retail version that updated to version 1.2 and I can not load the texture mod, I get missing textures. So Jonas you are right.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I am not entirely sure or anything but I assume that's what "sys_PakPriority = 0" changed to "sys_PakPriority = 2" does, unsure what "1" would mean though.

0 seems to be that it'll load "loose" files and then .pak files thus making any separate modification such as difficulty tweaks, config changes (Minus system.cfg and autoexec.cfg) or texture tweaks work without needing to be re-pak archived or what to call it.

2 I assume then makes it so that reading data from .pak archives is enforced and thus any loose files are simply ignored, I tried sys_PakPriority = 0 in autoexec.cfg and system.cfg but as a "Read_Only" command it can't be changed.

Repacking is possible (Though I've never succeeded since it's a bit cumbersome.) and some of the data does load for some reason if you just use the "Textures" folder with "Textures.pak" but with various clipping and mixing old and high-res texture data in some weird way.

From my understanding the primary use of this is to prevent modding xml data to bypass the automatic cheat detection (In patch1.pak.) but that is just a guess and it's not like that's the only way (Or preferred way.) to cheat compared to bot programs and the like and other exploits possible.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    does naming the packs with zzz infront work as a loading order ?

19. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    I was about to patch to 1.2 but if it blocks the texture mods I might have to hold off...

Here is a fast link to the "Crysis_2_final_1.2h2_Patch".

Files replaced by patch v1.2;

activation.exe
    activation.x86.dll
    Crysis2.exe
    Crysis2Launcher.ini

File modified by patch v1.2;

Engine.pak

File added by patch v1.2;

patch1.pak

20. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    OK OK Here you go!!
    r_imposterratio = 1 means "Allows to scale the texture resolution of imposters (clouds)"
    and its very high insane extreme value is 1 not 0.5 (the lower value the better quality but I dont think that 0.5 is even working)... and it is available for crysis 2 too so please change it in your cfg ;)
    ----
    hey from 7.o to 7.5 cfg these are changed and hud3d is added...

e_ShadowsCastViewDistRatio = 1 ***best value is 3 according to cell creator*** (in 7.0 its 25)

e_DynamicLightsMaxEntityLights = 20 ***(in 7.0 its 18)***

r_PostProcessHUD3DCache = 2 *** its not exist in 7.0***

so what is posthud3dcache thing ? and should we use 3 instead of 1 on shadow cast settings ?