GTX 590s blowing up prematurely with small voltage increase

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by king-dubs, Mar 25, 2011.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh sry i dont think ou should include any non retail cards so even a oem builder is not retail just my thuoghts on it thuo...

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    That leaves us with what... 2. and 4.?

EDIT: Seems that Brasilian Master Blaster did a bit of OC-ing after all:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  3. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I think i will reactivate my old SLI Nvidia member focus account for get some fun ...... with luck i will find Noisiv in mine mail list ...... And true Nvidia fanboys discussion miss me .

Noisiv, it seems it have been confirmed the Evga card is an oem one, by Evga , Oem Evga don't get the backplate "classified " .. ofc i say confirmed till we learn more about this .... who know what Shannon will tell use then ..... Anyway, get one EVGA Rep who post directly on XS thread ( nothing strange, it's XS after all ), for ask to take contact with her for the rma, or we will discover then by shannon it was a fake or not ...

Anyway i still don't understand the problem... Nvidia have advertise the overclocking possibility cause they have need so much reduct clock for do the card it was a good way to say: " slower, but you make it faster " ( MSI +30% voltage OC write on the Box, Asus, +50% perf by tweaking voltage this are the stickers on the box of the 590 ) ..... so what's the matter? the card is slower and can't be overclocked till you contact Shamino who will make you a custom PWM with 2x 580 PCB PWM area for power the card .. lol .

If you want more ask, ........... the Master :

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Allow me a cite which may seem to many as off-topic, but in my opinion is an accurate description of current situation around Nvidia new dual GPU:

Criteria for a Successful Rumor

» The successful rumor is easy to remember.
    » The successful rumor follows a stereotyped plot.
    » The successful rumor is a function of the momentary interests and circumstances of the group.
    » The successful rumor exploits the emotions and sentiments of the group.

The manual says rumors are made memorable by being simple, making concrete references, using stereotypical phrases and utilizing humor"

I stumbled upon it in this pretty good GTX 590 thread on anandtech.

Nvidia has advertised OC till they saw clocks on 6990

5. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    When we have peoples whith the card, even here, who post their card have die, wathever they have oc it or not, ( who will never know ) this is no more a rumor, when reviewer say their card have die when OC ( pushing the limit as tpu OR not as some other ), it is no more the rumor ..

The only fact is to know if retail buyer are touch or not, whatever it come from OC or not, this card is underengineered, the only thing who can have save the 590 was the fact it will be a beast on OC... and it's not the case, it's why peoples are so offset about this... in all reviews, this was the point, but if this card OC like crazy........ it will be a dream... but it's not ... it's actually recommended to don't OC it .......... lol... Nvidia fan, we can be angry to Nvidia, they give us an inferior dual gpu card, something we was think can completely be reversed by OC,....... and they recommend us to don't oc it ... nice..

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    For the complete list of the "peoples with the card...who post their card have die"
    please refer to my previous post.

As to "this is no rumour" - sure it is.
    IMHO constantly repeated phrase that these cards blow out just like that, with no OC/OV is false, unsubstantiated and hence a rumor. Again refer to my "complete list", and this is out of the volume of few thousands sold.

Reviewers who killed their cards either used old beta driver, or were noobish enough to go 0.938->1.0------->1.2V.

And NO. This card can't OC for sh*t on stock. At least not reasonably safely.
    If anything that's clear.

7. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    Ok m8 it's a rumor ...

no card have never die.. and will never die ... the GTX590 is a perfect card...

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Lane i agree that when you clock the 590 it is out of spec for the hardware.
    Was really stupid to list how much you can overclock on the box when the card was underbuilt for that purpose.
    but you do have to admit there is more wild speculation then fact.
    now if they let shams build the card we would be all happy knowing that the card was bullet proof,just like the 760 classy and others things he got his hands on.

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  10. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    Ofc i have allways say it was pure speculation before we get more information about it ( read my first post, and when i was try to calm down peoples about it = .......... but sady more information have point it to the fact there's a problem... not a problem who can make die the card in the minute after you have power on your pc, but there's one, in what proportion? yet we don't know.. .. personnaly i don't care if the card have a problem or not..... it's even no more important as the card can't be OC ... what can we made of a GTX590 who can't be OC ? nothing ....... it's a brick for little gamer with some money who think get a shiny beast in their case ... it is not .. it's a shame .
    Nvidia advertise his hardware like the beast for enthusiast ? what a joke ...
    The best of what ? marketing ? ... Nvidia is goind down and down, and what will affraid me more, is more they have concurrency and more they get down .

Have you see the marketing have do Nvidia around the 590? are they completely joking or what ?

11. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    One question anyway about this thread, when you use XS forums post,a re you reading what happend next in the response in this forum, or are you jumping on it like an idiot ?

I have get the consciense to cite shannon from Evga relation public who was come post in this thread ... ofc this not exclude the fact we will maybe learn then it was not an OEM Evga card ..

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Cut the chase and hostility and plx go to the point

13. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    Does the Responspable marketing of EVGA come post for deny it's an EVGA card or does she post on XS for ask the guy you have use the screen to directly take contact with her for get a warranty RMA ?

ANd you are the only one who are hostile there ......

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You're asking me am I jumping on it like an idiot, and I AM hostile? LOL ok its all good.

As I said, cut the chase and link the post to which u're refering to.

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    At least i'm not fighting with nobody today...yet.

I hope hilberts got a 580 lighting review soon.

16. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4800505&postcount=326

you know what is Xtremsystem ? with all your affirmation, you want make me think you have not follow the discussion here ?

17. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    No need a review go for it ................ and take 2 ........ if i have money for it, it's what i will do right now .

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    so the guy was contacted by EVGA rep kewl. evga always had a good support

19. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    you think Evga Product support wil jump like that on this tread if they was think it's a fake ? even if a lot peoples there are from Evga oc team ?

If it's a fake, don't you think Evga wil have say directly, they have never send Evga card without backplate even in OEM cards ?

( ofc like im sucpicious, i think too, there's a lot of luck Shannon can't be sure of it, and maybe we will learn in some week this was a fake ....... but this is cause im open to all possibility... )

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    btw noisiv why do you care so much about 590gtx?

its a power design flop, you can't argue here.. so what gives?