Crysis 2 - RTFM

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Blade.

Better gameplay.
    Better story
    Better characters

- Low res textures(which PC users can fix)
    - Some bugs, which are already being fixed

It's a great game.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No point trying to convince someone who doesn't like the game that its good, if they don't like it, they don't like it.

It's not like someone is going to convince you its not a good, or a great game are they?

3. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I'm Irish, I'll fight just for the sake of it.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm of Irish and Lithuanian heritage, and born in Scotland, i like fighting more than most :)

6. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Yea but the person with the opinion is shouldn't shout nonsense like "...for backstabbing PC community". I mean, what is "backstabbing" the PC community? Not having advanced gfx settings? Boo ****ing hoo. There are many other PC games that don't have advanced gfx settings.

You do realize that the whole article is satire?

7. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    You're American.

8. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    Your right for the most part of your theory but are wrong on the fundamental point, this is crysis 2, born from the PC exclusive, Crysis and truly awesome sequel warhead with the still good Crysis Wars.

Also the game that Yerli (douche) said would be groundbreaking and a show off for cryengine 3, hell even the wall textures arent bump mapped or fk all, even bloody timesplitters (sheeet might of been timecrisis dnt remember) had better textures and propperly bumped up textures, dont belive me? google it pal you will be surprised and hell even that game was a port but at least they cared enough to give pc users that 'lil bit more.

EDIT: I liked the gameplay, shiiite Ai but nice gameplay, awfull graphics.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The PC community is the largest, and more diverse gaming community in the world, and includes people who use low spec budget PC's with GPU's from years ago to those with 3-4 GPU's from a few months ago.

To claim the whole community was disgusted is just crap, the people who hated Crysis as a game love the sequel, and those who couldn't run the first game, which was ALOT of people can either max the game, or get damn good visuals even on lower settings.

Its disappointing that it wasn't the technical marvel we thought it would be, and as much as i have defended this game, i would of much preferred it to be system heavy like the last games, but Crytek took alot of abuse for doing that last time, but i do honestly believe the game is unfinished, and will get alot better as time passes, due to official and unofficial work.

So yeah, i agree with you on that part, backstabbing the PC community stuff is nonsense though, maybe the high end gamers, but they are the minority, too many people live in their own little world where they think the average PC gamer is running i7's and high end DX11 cards, when that is anything but the truth.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  10. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Do I even have to point out what I mean by backstabbing? How about a 100 odd videos of Cevat proclaiming to be the best PC experience and showcasing latest CryEngine3 on a PC and being very proud etc etc.

Then he gets sold out and creates this DX9 trash with Press Start menu screen ,which made me want to uninstall at the first sight. It was slated all over, thats a fact.You may say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one ;)

Mkill, the game is mediocre for me, definitely far from great, its not appalling, but its pretty damn close, from a PC POV at least.

11. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    I agree with Bladerunner here on some and Redemption on others but this is for you Redemption.

Remember back to the the first crysis and patch 1.2, werent we all slobering at the thought of patch 1.3 and then what happened?

OH, and a lil more important and if you have had BC2 you will understand the relevance of the patch release issue Im speaking of

EA:puke2:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, it's funny how many people act like that article is serious and try to use it to defend their opinions on why Crysis 2 sucks. :nerd:

13. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    Liking Crysis 2 is like having a micro penis, I'm fortunate to not have either of those qualities.

14. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    :peeright:

15. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    in soviet russia metro owns teh sheit out of crysis 2

/end

far to drunk I may cause a word appocalypse in a min if not carefull

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I'm highly surprised that they still didn't put out dx11 patch. I mean that amount if teasing for months and even in Turkey in media talking about being dx11 game with awesome visuals. Where is it already :biggun:

17. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    OK dudes just for the fun off it. This is my Crysis 2 retail. All vanilla except some tweeks with RadeonPro (just mucking around with RadeonPro, did not know what I did really)
    Won't bother ye again
    gnite from Sweden.(HIC!)
    .. May the debate rage on around the world

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    So wait, you didn't even play the game before uninstalling it? Raging over one word in the main menu is rather absurd.
    The game might use DX 9, but it's far from trash. At least try to make a point.

I honestly don't get you people. Awfull graphics? Compared to what? To CoD Blops? Bad Company 2?

19. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    Any news on the DX11 patch? Dunno why but this actually bothers me. MyCrysis is full of rage threads at the moment and april fools so can't make sense of anything.

20. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    @xendance blops nah havent played it, what you think Im a sheep coz Im welsh? :)

you dont get me? get what, what people?

yes the graphics are abysmal, horrid, edrych fel cachu, compare the game to anything after 2007 and yeah its not the best, whats your problem?

p.s and EDIT: I mentioned a game in that post that had better textures haha do you have love sessions with crytek employees or something, why the hate man?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.