Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by racofer, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  2. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    :banana::banana::banana:
    More and more DX11, that's great. Ofcourse the story is the main component from this game, but graphics must be great.

3. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Dx11 yes, tho from what i can make from the answer is there probably won't be any Dx11 specific elements due to the multiplatform nature of the game (tessellation)

4. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    i just hope they use some of the features of dx 11 like tessellation and doh and ssao

now we can finally see which house to support and which to call MAXIMUM FAIL

if u know what i mean

5. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Ofcourse we know :eyebrows:

IGN: Will the PC version support DirectX 11?

Todd Howard: Yes, but I guess the real question here is do we take advantage of DX11's big new features and the answer is 'not specifically'. Our graphics work centers around doing things that will look the same regardless of platform, and sometimes that implementation will be different on the 360, PS3, and PC.

All will be fine :)

6. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    how i will enjoy this game on my new 7 series crossfire system mmm :)

7. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    great news there, they first announced the pc version will only have high res textures and AA..i'm glad they changed their minds..bring on tessellation..omg..cand wait.

8. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    i just hope for tess and ssao

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The gameplay trailer looks immense!

10. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    I dunno why you're exited bout DX11. Pretty much says what Crytek said bout Crysis 2 "A feature that cant be implemented on consoles wont make it to the game"

I'd say that there will be good AA, maybe a few things like better shadows, and performance gains over DX10/DX9. More or less like Call of Prypiat.

Maybe something even with some awesomeness in it, like tesselation not to bring uber poly count to PCs but to render fast common geometry like rocks, trees and such. Something like when you enable tess, the actual mesh of a rock it has very low ammount of polys but the magic is made with heightmaps and tesselation, since tesselation is faster than render loaded geometry of a model. Since you dont always need to use tesselation to have tons and tons of polys on each frame like Uningine Benchmark, but to polish a lot of little things and make even faster rendering geometry.

Like the Crytek guy who twitted (and later removed it) that they have 16ms more to play around thanks to DirectX11 (that is, each frame takes 16ms less to render, to have 30 fps, each frame must take 33ms to render, half for 60fps and so on). If im not messing it up, that means that if your framerate is 30 fps in DX9 and by switching to DX11 each frame is rendered taking 16ms less, that results in around 60 fps avg. Sounds pretty crazy (double framerate? WTF?) so i doubt that it is as simple as that, but the point is that there is performance to gain there by using DX11, and thats important. 5 or 10 fps really makes the difference when you're running the game at 20 fps or 30 fps.

BTW Im actually more exited bout this pic http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/93395...-skyrim-20110330052320824.html?page=mediaFull The trees look good, the cloudy climate its well done and the water has soft edges when it colides with solid geometry (that and soft edges for smoke particles are two of the effects that i really wanted to see, those sprites that clip with geometry are FUGLY)

11. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    dx11 in Skyrim will bring better AA, better shadows, i also hope for some tessellation, i don't think it should be a problem, xbox360 can do tessellation..

probably double the framerate only if you run the game in dx11 with the same effects as dx9, but when you activate dx11 features the frames drop..big..

12. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Yep. Thats why the Crytek guy said "16ms more" (on same settings) "to play around" (to add features).

You cant have it all, better image quality and performance, but better performance by NOT lowering a single setting? Thats sounds pretty nice.

Anyway, bout the other thing, they'll pretty much do what crytek did, try to make all platforms look the same.

Thats why you dont have... let say, FO on xbox with tesselation. Having preferences over one system hurts sales. The whole thing bout multi platform is sell good on every platform. If you do a better job at only one platform, it may sell better, but that will hurt sales badly on the other platforms.

It is a problem. Besides, xbox tesselation its purely hardware based if im not mistaken (dedicated tesselator on Xenos gpu), so no API to screw with that. You cant port tesselation from xbox to pc nor viceversa, cuz both are different implementations at what seems even different level of programming.

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Wow, that screenshot looks like crap for a 2011 game.

Hell, Cinematic mod for HL2 looks close to that. Better be a console shot.

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    you are looking at a different screenshot then tbh that looks really good.

15. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    dont listen to him he really has some twisted view on graphics quality

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    source engine for life yo LOL :D

17. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Im really hoping they do soemthing with the combat in this, oblivion wasnt an awful game but the combat got so dull and repetative i never finished it.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    for that i can break our friendship here and now!

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i need a knife and your back atm. :D

20. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    I love the trailer! This game looks like it is going to be everything i want it to be and more! goodbye life :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.