Forceware 270.51

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dudikaz, Mar 30, 2011.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    //edit:

im sorry, i misunderstood your answer completely...:pc1::nerd:

yea only old so far, 260gtx too..

anyway to my issue:

I know it should be r270 branch and old gpu's fault, i didnt import any profiles and i made sure its a clean install, by the looks of other Fermi users aren't affected (G100, G104, G110) , so far only g92b and g200 gpu 260gtx.

Its fine with Streetfighter4 or Monster Hunter frontier - both MT engine games.. except Re5 and LP2..

I already erased them, im at 267.79 atm and RE5 works just fine:rolleyes:

here is the video, how it looks broken...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gopInAzlOc

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  2. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Yeh, screw that. How dare they try to make guru3d.com less useful! :nerd:

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    perhaps it was the roast that was heating things up. those temps seem high to me. usually my card is around 28c in the morning then gets up to 34c by the end of the day.

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    stick 2 quadro 265.90 then if all u do is play wow. was a great driver for wow if i rem rightly.

5. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    Horrible flickering with crysis 2 for me (in sli) ,system restored back to 270.32 and all is fine again..

6. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I have no such flickering in Crysis 2 but yes in Gears of War.

No way, I'll go back to 266.58 or 267.91 drivers.

edit: I fixed it already.
    Only the AO must disable the drivers, but still I am not convinced these 270.51 :(

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i kept afterburner up since my previous post and watched for almost 30 minutes my 2d and 3d clocks swing back and forth with these drivers.

so i switched back to 266.66 and the fluctuation is gone

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I don't own a quadro card.....nor do I have any intention of using modified drivers, or quadro drivers. I expect my hardware to function as advertised. Between lack of support and deteriorating performance.....AMD can't get the HD7000 series out fast enough. I've already decided not to waste any more money on nVidia cards.

9. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    If you think that the forceware are bad, believe me, the catalyst is worse!

10. mapel110

mapel110 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Gigabyte OC

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've used ATI, nVidia, Intel, S3, 3DFx, Matrox....NEVER had the problems I've had since getting this 460. This card has been 1 stuttering mess after another and the constantly deteriorating performance makes me wonder why this card debuted for $250USD when it can no longer keep up with the GTX275 it replaced. This card was 10-20% faster in July....now it's showing to be 20-30% slower in WoW... In July, I could set the graphics to "Ultra"....and maintain 200fps+....now I'm on "Good" and barely get above 100fps....

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Your loss driver wise, and a bit harsh to judge it on one game, especially when your complaining about only getting 100fps with it, and if you only really play one game, and you used to get over 250fps, why are you not still using that driver.

No offence, but you have to admit yourself, that you have had some of the most weird, unique issues most of us have ever heard of.

13. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    no problems here with my rig or my laptop :)

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Because that driver caused stuttering.....

Actually, the stuttering has been a constant complaint from a lot of Fermi users, not just me.

Due to the way WoW is coded and played, the framerates can't possibly stay stable. When I first got my 460, my framerates were 200-300fps when solo questing, 100-200fps when raiding or running dungeons. Several drivers later, my framerates are down to 80-120fps when questing solo and 40-60fps (and stuttering) when doing raids. The stuttering makes it almost impossible to survive boss encounters in 25man raids. As for my issues being "weird"....read the Blizzard support forum for WoW...even the Blizzard devs and tech support have been complaining about nVidia's drivers since September.

15. cold2010

cold2010 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 4870
    Concrete Jungle only

Nvidia says

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've never saw any stuttering, but i've never even played WOW so i wouldn't of.

Just find it hard to believe Nvidia drivers are so much worse than they were last year, when in January i read a WOW bench that had the GTX460 competing with the 6870, and the stock GTX560 competing with a 6950.

Just dubious the Nvidia drivers are now three times slower, but still beat the comparible AMD card.

By "weird" issues i meant the pixelated video's and and HDMI on fire issues.

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Great drivers so far for me.

A little better than 270.32 performance in Black Ops is 125fps consistent @ 1080p 4xAA, 16xAF and the IQ seems better too.

18. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    Great drivers, nice performance, but i have a problem with all the 270.xx drivers, if i use a lower resolution than native, shows black bars, previous drivers stretch the image (i know that it looks worse, but i like it that way) i read that is using gpu scale instead my lcd scaling and previous drivers are use the lcd scaling, cannot see the scaling settings (maybe because im using vga to dvi adapter), what can i do?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  19. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You do realise this has nothing to do with drivers but the fact that blizzard has modified the graphic engines and the game has a much higher poly count since the expansion. Also have to you enabled dx11 in the config.wtf?

20. braudrist

braudrist Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Suprim
    I think I might be missing some images in some video games like in Monday Night Combat when i'm in the menu choosing classes, the images for the different outfits are missing but I can still choose them. Also in Crysis 2 when I was zooming with a reflex scope, the red dot was missing.

Is it just me or is it the driver?