Forceware 270.51

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dudikaz, Mar 30, 2011.

1. poo417

poo417 Guest

GPU:
    On my q9950 @4ghz with a gtx 260 oc work machine runs very nice indeed! At bloody last they have managed to make it work.

2. -HaRdCoRE-

-HaRdCoRE- Banned

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 GTX
    Using a HDMI 1.4 cable i believe, mini HDMI to HDMI adapter. I have plenty of dual link DVI cable's available (since i am sitting in a computer shop) and will def try one..always preferred HDMI...

and i def know all modern cards and drivers support 2560x1600..because soon I will have my 7560 x 1600 set up back in place, but for some weird reason over HDMI for the last 5 driver revisions I've had to set it the way mentioned above ^

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    How come NVIDIA haven't updated PhysX with this release, the 9.09.0514 version has been around since, what, last August? I thought these drivers would come with a newer version seeing as they're using CUDA 4.0.

Or is it because so few games use it these days so NVIDIA are no longer supporting it?

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Thats your problem then. HDMI doesn't support 2560x1600 :)

You have to use a DVI-D dual link cable..

5. mapel110

mapel110 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Gigabyte OC
    Black Ops and Crysis 2 are running fine here.
    GTX 460; Win7-64

Appears that "Shader warming" is even faster than it was with 270.32.
    :banana:

6. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Ive wondered that, nothing with physX has intersted me recently, metro was alrite but i got rid of my add-in card.

7. -HaRdCoRE-

-HaRdCoRE- Banned

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 GTX
    That's definitely interesting I've always got it to work by forcing it in the past...but i have no prob's switching to DVI, thanks for the help.

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    v1.0 to v1.2a didn't but v1.3 and v1.4 do.

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Thats because there's been no new PhysX games since Mafia 2.. Nvidia updated PhysX when Mafia 2 was released.

If Batman Arkham City uses PhysX, I'm sure they'll release another update.

10. poo417

poo417 Guest

GPU:
    I would say the same. Is not something like 10 games since NV started physX (5 years??) actually use hardware acceleration. It still makes me laugh when people say they use NV because of physx.

11. Smikis

Smikis Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290
    cant believe this crap ,no new sli profiles, no sli profile for nfs shift 2.. **** me if i ever buy sli again, what a terrible support

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I just did some googling, and apparently, HDMI 1.4 does support 2560x1600, but only with the 29 pin cable and not the commonly used 19 pin cable that is sold on the market.

So unless he can get a 29 pin cable, then he won't be able to use 2560x1600 over HDMI...

Or so I believe :3eyes:

13. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    I don't have the retail version of Dragon Age 2.
    I don't like the game.
    If you buy me a copy I will not install it.
    I was able to see a significant fps boost in DA2 demo when the 267.59's came out so a boost seen in demo is proven to be indicative of boosts seen in the retail game.
    Anyway, a boost is definitely there this time and my quick test showed like a 10% boost.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's why I will never use multi-GPU again. It was bad enough with AMD and HD 5870 CFX but I read the same complaints about NVIDIA and SLI too. You certainly need a lot of patience for SLI and CFX as it seems many games are still not supported at release which means waiting weeks or months for updates.

Mind you, the same could be said about patches too, thanks to publishers' "release now, fix later" policies... ;)

15. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    You know they release sli profiles as a separate update? Not sure if they bundle them all up in the new drivers or not as its been a while since i bothered with sli.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-multigpu-SLI-profile-update-v7-driver.html

16. Smikis

Smikis Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290
    i know that.. and they do bundle them together.. their sli profile update is atrocious at best, happens twice a year at best.. and last one is month old by now anyway, main sli profiles come with drivers.. how can such big game as shift 2 have no sli profile prior to release is beyond me. game runs like utter garbage on its own, and without sli its unplayable

and yes ill never buy sli ever again

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's fair enough, thanks for the info, but NVIDIA's release notes specifically state the big improvements come from using DX11 Very High settings, which as I pointed out earlier, is not available in the demo.

Dropping down to High, the same as the demo, gives much better performance anyway, even with the older drivers, so the major issue was always with the Very High setting in conjunction with, especially, SSAO which doesn't seem to be optimised for NVIDIA hardware. Still a 10% improvement is still good for High settings.

I wasn't being funny or anything, honest! :)

18. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    Ahh ok wasnt sure as i said its been a while since I had Sli. And yes good move on not going for sli again, its just not worth the trouble.

19. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    it's abnormal. therefore you should format HDD, sorry. ;)
    but I got NEVER "blur" on RE5 running 270.32RC. we remember I already said you. :)

20. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    I've done some game testing.

Black Ops - if you liked the 270.32 for Black Ops like I did you'll like these 270.51's better. They don't seem to bog down during the Min FPS moments. Black Ops is my main game and these will be keepers.

Crysis 2 - these are very fast, smooth, and good-looking for Crysis 2. These drivers would be my choice for Crysis 2 also.

Dragon Age 2 demo - a bit faster than the previous drivers which were good for Dragon Age 2 demo. Not a game I'm really into, just curious about how it performs cuz of comments by others.

Next I wanna see how this driver does with Heaven 2.5 benchmark and Dx 11 with lotsa Tessellation.