Forceware 270.51

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dudikaz, Mar 30, 2011.

1. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    finally, i'll try them out now.

2. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    I just tried these briefly with Dragon Age 2 demo.

They are fast for the game but I want to guess they are only 10% faster than the 267.59 or 267.60.

I'm on Win7 64-bit.

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    yea no wonder they compared them to 266.58 with 300% faster speedups lol those didnt have it at all, ah nv nv :infinity:

and the servers are hammered.. getting slooow speeds from both Uk and Us around 100-200kb/s yauza...

edit: nvm Uk is a little faster, but they're both somehow international for me

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I find it hard to believe that performance has almost quadrupled in DA2 since the 266.58 drivers myself so I can't wait to see results from those of you who benchmark (Infinity7_00?).

It's been a while since I had the 266.58 drivers installed but the initial DA2 performance improvements only surfaced in the 267.59 drivers. They certainly did not show a 3.6x increase but if these new ones do then my average framerate should increase from the average of 25 fps I saw with the 266.31 drivers to almost 100 fps with these. And I just can't see that... can anyone else? :3eyes:

Anyway, waiting for some feedback on these while I wait for the home bell...

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    The demo was slower than the retail game, so thats not a good example..

As soon as my download finishes, I'll test it on the retail game. I'm expecting most of the gains will be for SLi users..

6. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Did the cleanest install possible...

After the first restart/login in Winodws, did you face any mysterious problem? Fx startup was extremely slow and trying to figure out what kind of problem was... Keep in mind Fx 4 using GPU.

Now all normal...

With installation I used Registry and general Cleaners, that's why I wonder if those programs were the reason... The most likely cause. But I'd like to clear this up.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My guess is they got something like 20 fps with the v266.58 drivers then 72 fps with these v270.51 drivers on the same settings. Now that is some serious improvement but it may be that the framerate was so low in the first place due to AMD optimisations in the game itself. Maybe NVIDIA have worked around it?

@Infinity7_00 - The demo doesn't support DX11 properly according to BioWare plus it definitely doesn't have tessellation so I don't think that is a good way to test these drivers. Only the final game supports DX11 Very High settings which enables tessellation and displacement mapping.

8. -HaRdCoRE-

-HaRdCoRE- Banned

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 GTX
    x64 version for Windows 7 x64, Blue screen after driver install, restarted and drivers were in place. Tried to set my dell ultrasharp to 2560x 1600 which hasn't shown up at all in the supported resolutions for quite a few driver releases and I would usually have to create a custom res with automatic timings to get the resolution to work....but now that doesn't even work. Unable to set res to 2560x 1600 at all. You think Nvidia would want people that spend over $1k on a monitor to be able to play at that res...having to manually set it for months is ridiculous and not having support for that res at all is inexcusable..:bang:

9. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I was getting around 25-35fps with DX11 everything on (except AO as i never use it) now im getting more like 40-50fps with the same settings, its a big jump.

Crysis 2 seems to run well to with these, certainly not worse than the last set.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Has the 8xAA glitch in DA2 been fixed with these drivers (the pixelly black mass that appears to the top-left only during combat)?

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
  12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Are you sure it's the graphics driver though as I thought 2560x1600 has been supported by NVIDIA for years now? Could it be fixed by installing the drivers for your monitor as I remember in the past not being able to select certain resolutions on my previous monitors because the monitor driver was not installed?

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Just tried DA2 and it looks like I've gained about 10 FPS :D

The game is much smoother now, @ 2560x1600 4xAA 16xAF everything turned on except DoF..

Now I have to test Crysis 2 to see if the ****ing flickering is still there..

*Edit* ****ing flickering is still there :bang:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  14. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    How does they run in BFBC2?

15. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    Carfax just said he ran at 2560x1600 fine with these.

16. -HaRdCoRE-

-HaRdCoRE- Banned

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 GTX
    Carfax what monitor do You have? Does 2560 x1600 just show up under support res.'s under change resolution? I will try a different monitor driver, windows 7 always install a dell U3011 driver..I just have to force the resolution under create custom res and always have had to put the timing on automatic instead of the default which i believe is CVT reduced blank or CVT, forgot which one, but it usually never works unless I put it on automatic, and this driver revision it doesn't work at all.

17. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    And i was just saying how much i do like the other new driver in the other thread a few hours ago.. :3eyes:

Looks promising, even though i doubt they will make the acclaimed stats, will check it out..:biggun:

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    What? Practically all Nvidia cards from the lowly GTS 250 to the GTX 580 support 2560x1600.

So the problem must be something else. Are you sure you're using the dual link DVI output and not the single link?

19. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    OH MY! Dis Driver made me Spit Milk! Keeper for now! :david:

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    If your monitor res isn't showing up, it's likely that you're using a single link cable or single link output.

The back of your video card should have two DVI outputs, one for single link and one for dual link.

If you use the single link, you won't get a resolution higher than 1920x1200. You have to use dual link to access higher resolutions..

And your cable has to be dual link as well.