Need For Speed SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Nov 16, 2010.

1. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Yea cool story bro, who the hell said anything about racing in real life? Obvious troll is obvious.

& i wish i did drive a Sedan, id pay less to run it.

You dont have to be going 100+ mph for the braking to be a fail in this game, it does it as low as 30mph.

2. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    I will be trying out these physics tonight but as for the conversation on braking in corners...

try basic autocrossing (solo in the UK)..its a whole lot of fun and it wont tear up your car (much). Even at low speeds you want to brake on the straights and get to the speed you can handle the turn so you can accellerate on the way out. If you are braking hard while cutting the wheel you are going to get the wonderful feeling of a car on 3 wheels or one that wants to roll.

3. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    my first impressions is this rocks. i like it. btw how the hell do i sign in to autolog. anything i do about online says cannot connect please sign in to autolog. but i cannot. i didnt even see a screen to input player name ect... help here

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    driving and racing are two seperate beasts slamming on the brakes and cause you trash your tires and to wreck at some point.

never say i drive in real life hence a "racing" game gets turn breaking wrong.....if anything most games do not let the cars go wrong enough with snap understeer suddenly turning into snap oversteer the cars weight snapping back and forth as the suspension unloads sending the car lurching in directions that you do not want to be going.

break early, break in a straight line, if anything in a turn to get more weight transitioned in a turn tap or feather the breaks to get the cars weight transitioning to the front wheels slightly, can give you a tad more grip and turn in but slamming on siad breaks will upset the balance of an car utterly possibly make your wheels lock up and all sorts of fun and exciting things.

5. Wanny

Wanny Guest

OMG! How do I change the language? It just won't let me!!! I can't stand the texts being in French. I can't translate ****.

6. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    why would it be in french? if you didnt choose french during install unless u got an illegal copy

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Bough it on Steam. I suppose it detected my OS language and decided to install it this way. -_-

it's just that I like to game in english.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Maybe assumed it since he is Canadian lol.

Guess it did then :p

9. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    If he got it from gamersgate then he'll be forced to play in french due to his location, he could have also picked up a french edition at a retail store, this is something you need to check on the box in Québec as there is usually something saying the language on it, unless they forgot to mention it on the box in this case, which would be retarded.

EDIT: Oh, Steam, is your Steam in french or in english? I set mine to english and it always downloads all my games in english, the only exceptions being Red Faction: Guerilla and Ghostbusters, maybe that would work?

Alternatively, you could try changing the language in the properties by right clicking on the game on Steam, tho that rarely ever did anything in my case.

EDIT2: You'll need to redownload it to see if it was a matter of changing Steam's language, which I guess can be a problem considering ISPs think we bleed money and put caps on our connections.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  10. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    oh wow. my bad wanny for thinking otherwise. anyways if you cant change it man that sucks. but there must be a way.

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

np

There's a language file but it doesnt really help :/

And yea my Steam is in english, OS is a mix of french and english ahah... maybe that's why.

12. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    so anyone able to connect to online or autolog? please explain how. did you get prompt to create a profile at first launch?

13. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    anyone else crashing on the first GTR test lap?

14. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    no problem's at all only issue here is not able to connect to autolog. the ea agreement and stuff in the options menu is grayd out. its like i had a pirated version with no online arghhhhh

edit. just installed the game on my tvpc to use the g25 and the game can connect to autolog on that pc this is odd.

15. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Keep the reviews coming, I cancelled my preorder but may still pick it up if you guys think favorably of it. I want to hear from ATI users since it will be installed on my rig with the 5970 in it.

16. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    well if you go over to the ATI section you will find out that Shift 2 doesn't have crossfire support yet, so the performance is kinda shat..

other then that the game is awesome, beautiful graphics, great handling, really impresive engine sound and probably the best thing ever implemented into a racing game, the Helmet-Cam.

17. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    the game is excellent, im in love. its like gt6 lol. on the rig to the left of me it plays perfect maxed out. but here i play with pad.

installed it on other pc c2quad 9800gtx and also runs perfect at 1080p but i have left the default settings exept for 16x aniso. but since it runs so smooth im almost certain i can max it out there aswell maybe with 0 AA ill chek later.

im also driving with the g25 wich im a bit dissapointed there. the feeling on the wheel is not good at all. the wheel does not return to center and it feels heavy to turn both ways. i first tryd with my profile settings for the g25 like i use for all my sim racing tittles. then i moved some sliders in the profiler and it got a bit better but still with the issues mentioned above. another thing is i have to keep getting UP from my cokpit to go to the keyboard and mouse cause i cannot fully control the menus just with the g25 so thats a bit of an inconvenience.

overal the racing experience is better than gt5 imo. (i do own gt5) i cannot speak if its better than forza as i dont have it.

the night racing is wonderfull. and other than the wheel inperfections mentioned above its an amazing must have tittle for any racing fan like myself :)

and about autolog im not sure how that works but the idea of it is quite interesting, gives me motivation to break records on tracks. I hope its classified by cars or mods ect. else it be unfair comparing the time i did with a class D car with only tyre upgrades to someone with a fully tuned calss D car.

this game: i recommend

////edit: i want to add that while i was installing the game(takes a lot of time to install) i read alot of this thread and got a bit dissapointed with the comments posted and tought the game would suck and play bad on pc. but after playing it I dont think most people commenting have actually playd the game on pc or are experiencing problems with performance in the game for other reasons not related to the game. \\\\\

18. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    braking and throttle need a lot of work on a wheel out of the box still trying to tweak but it still feels like a delay and disconnected....steering force feedback is good but its not as instant as far as input goes as id like...there IS a great feeling you get when the front tires lose traction...a feeling of nothingness...thats good.
    some nice things but if gt5 had autolog there would be no reason to buy this.

get back to you soon.

19. rdvenom

rdvenom Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon 7870 1200/5400
    Anyone using a force feedback wheel with this game? I'm cant get FF to work with my Fanatec PWTS wheel. No FF options anywhere I can find.

20. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified

what wheel are you using there?

with g25 im not getting correct FFB i do get the rumbles from road ect.. but no return to center and its hard to turn the wheel both ways feels like if the tyres where desinflated.

I have set the wheel to 720 degree in driver and 500 degree of wheel lock in game. to me this feels very nice driving this first cars in the game.
    i havent noticed the lag u mention tho.