pfft who needs a 120hz megabucks monitor anyway

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by davetheshrew, Mar 30, 2011.

1. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    3d Gaming on the cheap,

get a nice pair of anaglyph red/cyan glasses, around £3

use your current 60hz monitor

get this

http://www.iz3d.com/driver

run it :)

its amazing, has awesome options to set ingame and has profiles for even top titles, love it Im not going back :)

2. p0ppa

p0ppa Guest

GPU:
    Strix 3080 OC
    so what software is that? the website doesnt seem to provide and screens:3eyes:

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Good find.:)

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

5. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    it is mate, I was sceptical at first but its bloody brilliant in practise, I can literally play everything in 3d after a bit of fiddling :)

6. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    done it before you lose colour makes everything darker

7. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    At output i select Anaglyph Free right?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  8. D1n

D1n Member

GPU:
    MSI 750 Ti GE
    On the iZ3D page it says it only supports content up to directx 9.

Have you tested it with dx10/11 games?

9. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Games i've tested so far - Results :

Need for speed Shift 2 - Excellent
    Metro 2033(DX11) - Excellent
    Wow Catalysm (dx11) - Crash at start ..havent tried dx9
    Homefront (DX11) - Crash at start
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood - Meh/Good
    Crysis 2 - it makes game more 3d but not as much as the others probably because crysis has built in 3d nvidia stereoscopic support
    Bulletstorm - Excellent
    Elder Scrolls Oblivion - Excellent

For how much the glasses cost me this is awesome and i recommend them, but if you already have nvidia vision theres no use getting them but if you're on a buget go ahead:D

10. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    ok...a small update, i managed to make wow cataclysm dx11 work in 3d, but with nvidia's stereoscopic 3d from the NVIDIA control panel not with iz3d..didnt think this will work but it does...sort of:p i think all games work with nvidia stereoscopic and these glasse...most certainly they dont make the same awesome effect of the nvidia glasses with a 120 hz monitor but they still make a 3d effect

as said before they do tend to make things darker and the colors are a little screwed:p but with some more tingling i think you can make a more decent effect

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    IZ3D doesnt has that much game support that 3D vision does. You can use 3D vision with anaglyph glasses using the 3D discover option in the 3Dvision config. Then hittign the set keyboard keys option, give you the option to enable the adv settings.

Too bad neither works with openGL games.Well IZ3D has the option but it doesnt work.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  12. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    did I say it was better than nvidia and when did I say it has better game support ? this is mostly for ati as I dont know nv crap I just saw it was free so posted, problem?

Btw you dont even need a profile as the ingame wizard can be set at any time, sucks the colours are washed out bet meh its free :)

EDIT: try this in any driving game, my god this is what it was made for! tried shift and hot persuit and it was astonishing:biggun: gonna try test drive 2 later :)

13. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    yea dude i was like wow when i played shift 2 , btw i tried it with nvision but shift 2 doesnt work well at all with it so iz3d is better .

P.S dave thanks for opening this thread man:) i didnt try this before because i knew iz3d was for amd only but i guess it works with nvidia too:)

btw Dragon Age 2 (dx11) also looks awesome in 3d

14. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I never said that you said that IZ3D was better. I said that 3D vision had more games support. I was telling people that had nvidia cards that they dont have to use Iz3d to do it but they can use 3D visions's Discovery option with the red cyan glasses.

I have used IZ3D before I know the game can be used without a profile. But some games has issues with IZ3D. Because I had alot of issues with IZ3D but the last time I used it was a couple of years ago.

Tho I was saying that both doesnt support openGl and I wish they did so I could use it with openGL games I have.

15. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    Lets just forget how nice and easy on the eyes a 120hz monitor is for normal '2D' use :3eyes:

16. roocoon

roocoon Active Member

From what I hear, a good cheap setup is:

1) the latest iz3d 1.12 drivers (download the Anaglyph ones).

2) a set of ColorCoded 3D glasses (http://www.colorcode3d.com/)
    They presumably don't mess up the colors (I'll know more once I get them in a few days time). If you get them on ebay, make sure you get them from the right place. Amazon has them too.

The iz3d Anaglyph driver supports output to the ColorCoded glasses, so you're set.

They are supported by Stereoscopic Player too so you can watch some 3D movies with them. You set them as 'Anaglyph Yellow-Blue' (they don't use the ColorCoded name so they don't have to pay royalties).

If need be (especially in the normal anaglyph lenses that darken the colors), raise a bit the backlight of your LCD monitor until you feel comfortable and there's no ghosting. Disable any auto-contrast and such monitor tricks.

Have fun.

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Hah yeah, I don't even use 3D, I just bought a 120Hz monitor because 60Hz makes me feel seasick in FPS's.

18. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    I had nooo idea how much better a 120hz was over a 60hz... I just bought the 120s because i wanted to try 3D... I was absolutely blown away by how good they are in non 3D mode at 120hz. Without a doubt they are my favourite part of my PC and i will never go back to 60hz :)

19. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    maybe ?I should of had a different title thread haha

20. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    Nah your title makes when reading what you wrote after :)