Need For Speed SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Nov 16, 2010.

1. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Anyone try this on some low end hardware like a gtx260 yet? ;-)

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Nice, really nice:D...tomorow i'll give it a go with the exact same settings.

3. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    No problem.
    Yes my bad, I didn't write on which side is Shift 1, but yeah on left is Shift 1

4. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    has anyone noticed when upgrading the items on the car, you click the buy button and race but then you can remove it and get ur money back... how weird is this most games dont do this ???

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well that video you posted was using chase cam, and the people who use that will have it playing very arcade.

Disappointed its getting mixed reviews, PC is lacking a good looking/playing racing game.
    Not a fan of the arcade NFS games, and all the Codemasters racers are crap, with piss poor wheel support.

Visuals look too similar to the original from screenshots in this though, hopefully it looks better in motion like some have said.

6. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Any idea when EADM unlocks shift2? release date is 30.3 which is now in finland.

7. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

1080p all high 20 fps .... without antialiasing up to 70 fps !!!
    whats wrong with this game ???

8. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Dude check out the newest dirt 3 video showing the pro with it using a g27 wheel and a d-box setup? It looks ace and I just placed my pre-order for it while canceling the one I had for shift.

9. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    probably a driver issue, the first shift had some problems with ati gpu's as far as i remember..wait for a fix.

10. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    must go bed for work, MUST wine my self off shift2:( ....been racing on ELITE difficulty and HARD ai modes most of the afternoon on the new nfsS2 it rules, best racing game todate :) only think is im finding it easy :( maybe my skills surpass the game i dono.. this game makes me want to buy a g27.. i must see what money i have left after catching up with my bills now i work again

11. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    glad you enjoy it damien, i'm at work now, night shift..man i'm dying to play..:D..can't wait to get home, sleep and then play..it's an awesome game.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That's good to know, the last game needed a fair amount of messing about to get it half decent with my wheel, but it was only the DFGT i was using, and Grid was laughably bad with the default wheel settings.
    May of been a DFGT issue, but its not like its a rare wheel, wish i didn't break my G25 though lol.

Not a fan off off-road games, enjoyed the first Dirt game though, but disliked the second game, so will probably wait for Grid 2 before trying out a Codemasters racer again.

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Bought it :) I feel like playing a semi arcade/sim racing game on PC. As much as I love GT5, I hate to race on consoles.

Let's hope it will work well with G25. I'll report back!

14. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    lol...look what i just found out guys...

I messed a lil with the config file ;)
    What did i do? well..i´ll post that in a sec. ok?

Ok, that is what i did..
    In the config file (xml) there wher eunder GFX settings a few values, like texture ground, etc, set to 2 and some others to 3, so i messed around with it and changed them to 3...
    Thats it...PIC:
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the backgroundimage there, im not a fanboy, lol..the wallpaper just changed..hehe

and by the way, does someone knows how i can change the language? German sucks..lol. i want it in English please ;)

At first i was like, hmm, i dont think its working..
    But then the game loaded up and i looked into the video settings and look what i have seen there:

[​IMG]

Im not quite shure about it , but i think it looks better..But hey maybe its just placebo..but one thing is for shure, it uses more vram and i have little stutters and frame drop..so something is different..

Would be cool if u guys check it out too and tell us what happened !!

Here are some ingame pics..resized from 1600x1200...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

greetz Beta....

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  15. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Anyone else think the braking system is completely ****e? its pretty much going to cause either a crash, or going off-road if you try to brake while turning into a corner wtf.

16. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    nope, i always brake in a straight line before a corner, then release the brake pedal just a second before the red line becomes yellow, and then i partially pres the throttle until i exit de corner..

edit: in real racing, drivers don't brake hard into a corner..that means losing control of the car.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  17. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Thats what i do, brake on the straight, as i get nearer to the corner i slowly turn into it, and i either go off the track, into a wall, or the car stops.... Im questioning whether or not the "drifting" gameplay footage they show is actually someone really playing it, or a movie cam following an AI driver.

It could be an awesome, but the inability to turn while braking is a killer (i drive in real life, and from experience this is not realistic)

18. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    odd, i don't have the issues, i rarely go out of track, but that's because i come in to fast, or from a weird angle..play a little with the handling options maybe there's something there.

19. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    you can brake while turning but not strongly. if your not using a wheel i think its pretty hard to lightly brake and lightly turn the wheel in corners so you must brake before hitting the corner using a pad. I havent playd it yet but this is what I think happens with pads. i will report back when i have playd it with the g25. i just finished installing it on the main rig to play with pad there. ill see if i can also install it on the tv pc for use with g25 but not sure if itll let me cause of the online activation at the begining of the install process.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    so you race cars in real life and braking while turning is wrong in racing games? fail. your family sedan is a long ways off from slamming on the breaks into a hard turn going over 100+ mph, your car will undereer and/or oversteer at best and at worst your car will go out of control and slam into something.

excuse me while i go facepalm a bit.