Nvidia AA guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GanjaStar, Jan 16, 2011.

1. nomec

nomec Active Member

Anyone know if there is a way to get more AA out of Dragon Age 2? I want to get some supersampling going but there are no compatibility modes for DX11 or anything in Inspector for this.

2. Coffi

Coffi Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia XFX 8800GTS 512MB
    Any configuration for AA on Spiderman:Web of Shadows????

3. bloodindark

bloodindark Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 TI

4. bloodindark

bloodindark Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 TI
    steam slug (sgsaa only) - 0x080100C5 - 4x + SGSSAA 2x-

5. bhlaab

bhlaab Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275 860MB
  6. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    I get the same :0)

7. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Are you guys using SGSSAA or trying to force MSAA? Its not the same tab in inspector as for most games. its a few lines below.

his other flag was not for crysis 2 but a comment on the ghostbusters correction ;) do not use the 1244 flag in crysis 2.

Also, updated the OP with new info. Thx guys :) don't have constant internet access, but I will always find time to update the thread somehow ;)

8. bhlaab

bhlaab Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275 860MB
    Well since his screenshot example was 8xQ MSAA + 8X SGSSAA (both) I used that but noticed no increase in IQ or dip in performance.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  9. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Is there a flag for "The witcher?"

10. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    wow got aa working in crysis 2 but now only getting 5-10fps.:bang:

11. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Added: Lego Star Wars III: Clone Wars - 0x004030C1 (diminished lighting)

Until someone who has the game finds a better solution, this will be in the guide.

12. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    so I need to disable the ingame AA and use this 0x00001244 flag ? and it will use much less resources?

13. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Not working here using modded 267.59. It gives huge corruption, no polygons, bland textures, a mess.

14. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    again, the 00001244 flag is for ghostbusters, he is responding to a post about ghostbusters.

EDIT: Just tested crysis 2 settings recomended by Guzz. Works fine with the 267.24 drivers. no graphic anomalies.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  15. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    It doesnt here, i dont have a clue why. It slows down to 2 fps althought i disabled AA and AF as adviced using the config tool.

EDIT: just realized he's using 266.58, but with modded 267.59 shouldnt it have already a Crysis 2 profile? I am supposed to delete it and create a new one?

Im curious to know also what kind of fps he's getting, because on a GTX460 i can understand he's getting 39 fps, but i dont understand why im getting 2 fps with those settings on my GTX570. Something doesnt add up.

EDIT: oh well maybe he's running SLI? Thats explains why it doesnt work well on single cards. Care to list the specs Guss? Or why it runs 2 fps with those settings?

16. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    lol you guys really have trouble reading that post of his :D. that post has two parts. the top is about crysis 2. the bottom is about GHOSTBUSTERS. the 39fps thing is about GHOSTBUSTERS :)

He is forcing 8x sparse grid supersampling. that is some insane IQ and I doubt he gets that much FPS, he only used it as an example for forcing supersampling because someone asked. those are extreme settings that I doubt any except high end sli rigs can pull of and even then I would assume they would run into VRAM limitations. when i force those settings my GPU stops responding. its that demanding :)

Try using 2x SGSSAA or 4x, not 8x and you might get playable frames.

GUZZ, can you please edit your post to avoid further confusion, because theres already 3 or 4 poeple at least that are misreading that post completely. :)

17. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Let me lol a few times. So in short he's just showing what can be achieved with those settings, but just to show it?
    So those are not playable settings, at all? Isnt this a thread about AA guide, where everyone provides "better" way to have "better" iq while retaining performance?
    Its confusing but its not my or others fault asking why it isnt playable at all. Its normal to post why with those settings its a slide show IF he doesnt specify that those settings are just to show that the engine can handle such crazy things.

Even confusing is the fact that in the posts theres a mixed feedback about ghostbusters (and i realized later). Lets not talk about the Ghostbuster post which like all other contributes aims to get better quality and performance, not a thing for "show pupose" only.

Im not ranting or complaining but since he didnt specified at all what those settings are, you should expect such feedbacks.
    Well i can say that its pointless and useless now.
    Anyway thanks and kudos to Guss for his hard work, i appreciate everything he does/did, but next time pls dude outline if the edit is good for playing something or not.

18. Amo_rphis

Amo_rphis New Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 580
  19. bhlaab

bhlaab Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275 860MB
    I got SGSSAA working for Crysis 2 by upgrading my drivers. But yeah, 10fps at 2x. Looks great, though!

20. 4treyu

4treyu Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SC
    I can confirm this, using 2x for both msaa and sgssaa, looks a lot better than completely disabling postmsaa in the game. I get around 35-45 fps running on C2Q @ 3.4Ghz + GTX 570 @797Mhz