AMD Calling Out Nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Rich_Guy, Mar 26, 2011.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol?

it doesn't bother me, i was just saying.. In contrary i laugh :roll:at all this.

I'm not a fanboy.. well I was nV a little at first, but yea that was 4-5years ago.. And since then Im looking at both companies from neutral point of view and observe their dirty tricks and how they try to hide their faults, designs, driver issues, etc..

If you're a nv/amd doesn't mean i can't post and say chill you fanatics we get it.. or are you some kind of fanboy patrol?: hey get back to nv section! lol :D

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Just when I was about to give AMD some credit, they do this? AMD really? So this is why the GTX 590 comes out on top in more games than the HD 6990?

The drivers aren't even mature yet for both cards so this can still change, but the point is right now the GTX 590 IS the fastest single PCB (note I did not say single GPU but PCB).

I mean you can get technical and say they are neck and neck in reviews, even though the GTX 590 has the slight edge at the moment.

Cmon AMD, yer cards are good enough, stop wasting yer time on this crap and GET TO WORK ON YOUR CPU'S!

I'd like to own an AMD CPU again!

3. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Can't they throw one parade without being pissed on?

4. evolucion888

evolucion888 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6900
    Yeah, I wonder how these guys manages to disconnect so well from reality. :nerd:

5. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    +1

i love the ATi(AMD) x Nvidia thing, it helps to lower the prices and WE win :D

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Not sure where you're drawing this conclusion from....but it's wrong. The 2 cards perform equally. Though, I guess if you factor in the failure rate thus far...the GTX590 would be the fastest as cards were dropping on day 1...even at stock clocks/voltages.

7. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 c216 @ 780core
    So AMD finally has a faster card! Sweet! Too bad their drivers suck dong and they only release a set a month even if games play like crap! sorry fans nvidia will always be choice #1

8. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

An extremely enlightening post, though, can't say nvidia's drivers have been doing that much better.. and in fact in recent months AMD have released higher frequency of drivers and mostly at regular intervals along with hot fixes.

9. evolucion888

evolucion888 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6900
    According to Microsoft. Catalyst Software Suite is far more stable than nForce. It pass 100% of the Quality tests. nVidia will always be the choice for fanboys, grown up people will choose whatever it suits them best. :eyes:

10. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    lol, amd always seems to have the faster card nowadays. 5970 > 580.

however, nvidia always seems to have the fastest GPU. 580 > 6970.

in the end, amd often ends up being a better choice due to bang per buck factor. i just choose nvidia because i find cuda more useful than amd stream. aside from that, both companies have cards that perform similarly at similar prices.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    It's not wrong. Look at the benches. GTX 590 has more wins at the moment. As I've said before this can change with drivers.

Failures are only happening when people over volt, which Nvidia never said was safe to do.

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Did you actually read my post before you assume I pissed on anybody? I didn't take sides. Seriously take another read, it wasn't even offensive...:bang:

I really want AMD to focus on CPU's right now, this is where they are hurting, their GPU's are powerful enough. Be it a GTX 580 or HD 6970, they can handle 99% of games with no trouble at 1920x1080.

EDIT

Sorry for double post, hit quote by accident instead of edit (doh).

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  13. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    depends on who's review you follow..but overall at resolutions that people who buy this card play at the 6990 is faster..of course nvidia sponsored games will favor the 590 but thats about it...also some reports are from stock volt and clocks...regardless I wouldn't get a590 because these are dying within days and I like overclocking and volting..thats why I buy the stuff I do..wouldn't waste money on something thats hopefully stable for a year ay stock..no thanks

14. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Keep digging pal, we can still see ya... 590 is the slower option out of the two, with failure rates through the roof and being rather "hot" (despite lowering fan speed, guess they expect a year's worth of lifetime out of it and nothing more), either way you look at it, 590 is just not worth the cash from a tech/common sense POV.

15. General Stalin

General Stalin Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD6990
    Yeah, I've always bought Nvidia cards since back in the GeForce 2 days. I've never even owned a Radeon, but the 590's are not that impressive aside from the fact that they perform rather well for how low their clock speeds are.

The 6990 IS the faster card. Look at benchmarking tools.

Aside from that, currently Nvidia DOES have the fastest single GPU: GTX 580. I honestly feel like the 590 was a rather lackluster release. IMHO they shouldn't even have let that card leave the factory running at less than stock 580 clocks and have a little headroom for some volt/OC which consumers (and Board partners) will undoubtedly do.

Whatever. New hardware comes out in like 6 months so it's all irrelevant soon enough.

16. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I seriously question that we will see next gen flagship SKU this year, I believe 590 and 6990 are 2011s top cards and that is it. Kepler/S.Islands parts will undoubtedly be cooler and smaller, however I expect to see respective flagships in 2012 in 28nm flavours rather than this year.

17. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Ah thats great from AMD, but also stupid and childish.

Instead of showing publically their e-peen, why they dont admit that their drivers suck, that they break almost everything that was fixed in precedent release.

Why they dont admit that they keep pushing out wonderful hardware with zero basis on driver support? Like it happened with 5970. It took a whole YEAR to get it working at full potential.

When 5970 users finally got what they deserved in first place amd comes out with another dual gpu card. I would be pissed as hell.

18. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    +1 :nerd:

19. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    What benches?

Because if you shop around a bit for reviews, which I have, the 6990 seem to do better overall. Which is a first for an AMD dual-GPU card but no less true.

AMD wouldn't have made this statement, or Nvidia avoided responding, if they weren't both confident of the fact as well.

20. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Let them fight!
    It's prices that going down, not love for red or green.

compare with this:
    [​IMG]

edit: added lines to be more polite.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011