Nvidia should change their control panel

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JorGul, Mar 26, 2011.

?

Nvidia should change their control panel

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. No opinion

10 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. JorGul

JorGul Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RX 6800XT
    Do you think that Nvidia should change the outdated interface of their control panel, and swap it with something more eye pleasant and more functional?

2. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Nvidia changed before from the Classic CP to a horrid one and it was hated that much peeps uses "Reg Hacks" to get it back and Nvidia took a vote on topic and peeps won it back.

The current Nvidia CP is not that old and it works so what does it matter, you do not look at it all day?

3. racofer

racofer Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr III
    Do you mean something eye pleasant written in .net that eats nearly 100 megabytes of ram just to idle in the background and takes 10 extra seconds of boot time for no good reason other than shoddy programing on the developer's part?

nVidia's CP is functional and easy to use. I hate people that needlessly want to reinvent the wheel for no good reason other than "INNOVASHUN1!!"

Look how well INNOVASHUN AND OMG GRAPHIX!! have worked out for today's gaming compared to what we used to have.

4. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    agree about the design it really can be more beautyfull. also the could add the abilitie to change flags in advanced options so that we wouldnt need Nvidia Inspector or any other program.

5. JorGul

JorGul Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RX 6800XT
    Yes, is not that old but it's ugly and very unprofessionally made. In 3D settings for example you have to scroll through a small window where settings are while more than 60% is a blank unused surface. Why not to see all setting at once, why do you have to scroll trough them when you can have them all show.
    Even operating systems are changing their interface more often...

6. JorGul

JorGul Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RX 6800XT
    So I guess you hate me now? That's funny... spending negative energy around for senseless reason.

7. racofer

racofer Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr III
    Yes I totally hate you on a personal level now. Watch yourself from now on as you walk down a street because I might just say something mean at your face.

8. JorGul

JorGul Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RX 6800XT
    why man? i think it would be better if we have some beer :cheers:

9. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Nvidia should most definitely NOT change their control panel. The last thing we need is to plant some ideas in their heads that result in some bloated piece of crap that takes 4 years to get working properly. Nvidia's current profile is perfectly functional and it even has working application profiles. One look at ATI will show you what Nvidia should NOT do.

10. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    I like the simple but effective route nvidia took with the CP.

11. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF
    I believe its ok the way it is, its fuctional and simple! no need at least for now.

12. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Who cares, I would rather have extra functionality. Like incorporating the usefulness of programs like NV Inspector for game profiles, or fan adjustment, or new features like when they added AO.

13. Gyrxiur

Gyrxiur Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX660 2GB OC
    ^ + 1

14. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Absolutely!!!

15. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I like NVIDIA's CP. I onl yused ATi once, when I built my cousins rig, and it took me forever to understand it, it had a ****ty UI, and confusing options. It looked like something from Windows 1998.

16. olymind1

olymind1 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6700 10 GB
    nowdays almost everybody use widescreen monitors, if nvidia cp would use tabs (instead of placing the menus to the left), it would be more efficient. the description text could handily fit next to the the properties' controlls. we shouldn't need to toil so much with the scrolling.

it's my opinion though

17. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    I like Control Panel as it is right now

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I love it as it is. Coming from ATI's control panel, it's just so much better and more functional. I'd rather Nvidia focus on improving the drivers themselves instead of trying to pointlessly redo the CP.

19. chuuey

chuuey Guest

i really liked the old control panel back in the days, all the new ones from nvidia or ati are bloated, and are full of graphic glitches, meh

20. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    The only thing that nags me about the Nvidia CP is how the 3D settings box still requires you to scroll. Why not just -

[​IMG]