RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackM

JackM Guest

It works fine for me. Try to select only bin_ship\dragonage2.exe (the main executable) for this profile.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    do you see the dx11 logo when you start the game ? dx9 only works for me.
    what drivers are you using btw ?

edit- although the logo isnt showing, forcing vsync seems to work. guess its working after all.

edit2- it seems to be randomly working, dont know why.
    vsync stopped working while playing the game.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  3. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    not sure if its mentioned but when raedon pro is running then my steam copy of BFBC2 is really slow (5 fps)
    on previous versions of RP it was fine but not now.
    problem is, there isnt an easy way to exit the software from the menu and ctrl+alt+del is messy

Solved, disabled APi monitoring for games not on my list :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  4. JackM

JackM Guest

Why did you force vsync on this game? There is an option to enable/disable it in-game. For my part, I only force D3D Triple Buffering with in-game vsync on.

5. vis

vis Member

Yeah, no osd and doesn't appear to work with any games now. I'd be surprised if it wasn't my fault for running reg clean in CC cleaner or something like that, but, I've uninstalled and re-installed several times and just can't get it to come back ;(

Edit: SOLVED.

It's something so simple that I just missed it. For whatever reason, Win 7 now requires I run RP as Admin. It didn't require it before, but something to do with permissions was changed somewhere around the line. Just running as admin fixed it. Tada!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  6. spidermind79

spidermind79 Active Member

GPU:
    Pny 4090 XLR8
    one thing, if i run fifa11 or another game with rp with 11.2 ati's driver can i force my vga 5970 to work on single gpu, i mean disable crossfire? i've noticed for fifa11 that if i go into game profile and set MVPU to disable crossfirex and launch profile pc freeze and i've to hard reset..bug or i can't?

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Thanks for the heads up.

That's weird, someone else can also confirm if RP is only working when running under an administrator account?

The freeze when trying to run a profile with MVPU mode set to Disable CrossfireX was also reported by some other users, but I couldn't reproduce the error here, for me that option actually disables CFX for DX9 games.

You can disable CFX by setting Catalyst AI to OFF, I've explained here how to disabled Catalyst AI using newer drivers which don't offer that option anymore.

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz

I don't have that issue with BFBC2, maybe your DX runtime needs an update.

9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    DA2 is working here, I've set launcher to DragonAge2Launcher.exe with GFWL/Starcraft II method and dragonage2.exe as profile exe.

Aggressive API detection reduce the miss rate, but unfortunately a few apps can't be detected fast enough by RP to apply forced vsync/triple-buffering settings, maybe your game is one of them. Due to the way it's done (required code to hook device drawing methods to draw FPS/CFX bar/API logo overlay) and other things make difficult to track device creation in real time. In D3DOverrider that may be different as that tool only serves to force vsync/triple-buffering.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thanks.

ive tried that aswell, didnt work. even the disable api when program on list unchecked didnt work.

In fraps it says im running DX11.

Do you think i can have something to do with the fact im running the DX11 renderer on a DX10 card ?

-edit- ive downloaded the crack of the pirated game. vsync seems to work, but still doesnt show the logo. with the original game exe forced vsync doesnt seem to work anymore.

-edit2- ive tried the original exe in D3Doverrider, and it works every time. so the problem must lay in radeonpro somewhere

-edit3-
    JAPAMD could it be there is some sort of limit of the number of games that is added to radeonpro ?
    when i add dragonage2 to the list of already added games vsync wont work.
    if i add dragonage2 when no other games are added , it works every time. (direct X logo still not showing though,but vsync and FPS counter both work)
    it doesnt matter if i only restore the profiles or the radeon pros settings.
    can you please take a look ? ive uploaded my game profiles here: http://www.mediafire.com/?k3kb0yf5q3q389j
    just add dragons age 2 after that.

it just to see if it works, because i cant see the logo when i start the game, so dont think the settings are applied at all.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011

11. spidermind79

GPU:
    Pny 4090 XLR8
    I've tried that and pc continue to freeze and i'm forced to hard reset.

12. spidermind79

GPU:
    Pny 4090 XLR8
    The option to switch for compatible drivers in the program d3d cfx and ogl for me is a no-go, bsod with every driver set, damn fifa11 and his flickering crossfirex bug :(

13. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    If you want help with Swedish and Finnish translations, just pm me here and tell me what to do. I will gladly help, I would like RP in swedish my self. ;) Keep up the great work, as usual.

14. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    hello japamd im gettin this when i start RP, (my father closed it yesterday, but was functional)

"GCPI Fatal Error. Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"

tried uninstall and install again but no luck :(

15. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire

Hello Japamd,

No, not yet kicked, but I prefer proactive instead of reactive :D

Currently it seems ok, so far.

Anyway, Radeon Pro does not modify games files nor memory allocation, like widescreen fixer does.

16. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Even the XML edit hack doesn't work?

PM sent.

I've posted a brief tutorial on how to use the translation tool, you can see it here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3869647&postcount=3667

Delete ___GlobalProfile.xml and restart RP. You can find it in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RadeonPro\Profiles folder.

The kick from PB is not permanent, no need to worry.

RP doesn't modify game files, only DX/OpenGL memory locations are changed in order to hook required functions to draw OSD items and detect device creation to apply D3D tweaks.

17. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    Still gettin the issue :S

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
  19. spidermind79

GPU:
    Pny 4090 XLR8
    Neither that works, i see on g15 lcd that 1 core is working then at menu' pc hangs and need to hard reset, maybe with latest drivers this thing cannot be forced anymore?

P.S. : someone know a forced crossfire profile to run at best world in conflict? 11.2 seems broken :bang:

20. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    it doesnt work BUT i have uninstalled manually, deleted all reg keys related to RP and all folders too and it FINALLY worked lol, anyway thx japamd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.