RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khronis

Khronis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 x2
    Just gave this software a try but I ran into a problem pretty fast. I want to use it to enable vsync+triplebuffering and mlaa for Dead Space 2. Problem is I get a wierd stutter at regular intervals. This happens when using crossfire while radeonpro is running with the settings mentioned above.

Turns out that disabling API monitoring fixed this issue, so I'm fine but I'd like to know other peoples experiences with any similar issue. Also I may want to use the crossfire monitoring someday, which obviously doesn't work without API monitoring.

EDIT: A quick look on the previous page I found someone with the same issue and a response :p sorry bout that.

2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    If you didn't get that scanlines thing with previous drivers versions, I think it's worth a shot.

Yeah, that's why previous builds enforced vsync off when the CFX bar is active... I need to test some different code to query GPU utilization, but unfortunately I couldn't find enough spare time to get done all things I want to do. :(

3. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    A problem with Battle: LA. With RadeonPro in background the game will not launch. And the game does not have V-Sync option or Triple Buffering. Also looks like AA is not working.

BTW, lolwut at the game. As soon as it begun I blew milk out of my nose. Why did someone bother making this horrible thing.

Anyway, not a big deal since the game is crap.

Edit: OK, found the problem. The game will not start if V-sync is forced.
    So still no go. It tears like hell.

Edit 2: Disable V-sync, run game, alt-tab, force v-sync with radeonpro, alt-tab back to game. :3eyes: For some strange reason that worked.

P.S.
    I don't know about AMD but I would feel embarrassed putting this on the billboard of this disaster.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    havok = intel?

tried d3doverrider instead of radeonpro?
    also disable radeonpro's overlays & there was also that option for aggressive detection or something where it hides itself more

5. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Bah, I always thought Havok was AMD's thing. You know nVidia have PhysX. AMD always went with Havok. But yea I remember there was a talk about Intel acquiring Havok back in 2007.

Anyway game is so bad I don't think I'll click on it ever again. :puke2: Maybe by mistake. So it doesn't matter. But for everyone else, the trick I described above works.
    Btw, Aggressive Detection or anything else does nothing in this one.

6. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    Hi, I just got this error message in a fresh install of radeonpro:

Unexpectedly error while updating profile settings

El valor de '4' no es válido para 'Value'. 'Value' debería estar entre 'Minimum' y 'Maximum'.
    Nombre del parámetro: Value
    en System.Windows.Forms.TrackBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
    en RadeonPro.BaseForm.set_OnMipmap(Int32 value)
    en RadeonPro.BaseForm.baseUpdateSettings(ProfileInfo cp)

UPDATE: nevermind, it was a problem with cc++.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  7. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    I can vsync in metro. Thanks...
    Do it support da2 vsync? Thanks in advance.

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Do you mean Dragon Age 2? If you do, the game itself already supports vsync.

9. vis

vis Member

Hmm. This is weird. Radeon Pro has stopped working with Rift. I tried both the patcher and the game itself and it still won't "kick on". It use to work just fine but now it's like it doesn't detect the game. I've also tried aggressive API with no luck either, it's like it refuses to admit it's running. Uninstalled/re-install does nada as well.

Any suggestions?

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Did RP ever worked for you?

Try changing the launcher executable properly and launcher type to GFWL/Starcraft 2.

11. vis

vis Member

It *was* working but now it won't, which is odd.

It was set to load the profile when you launched login/patcher, but that no long works. I've also tried setting it to load the profile when it loads the .exe for the game itself, but still no love. Tried setting the launcher type as you suggested and same problem. Odd.

12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Weird. Unfortunately RIFT doesn't have a demo version so I can't test it.

Maybe someone else with the game can help you.

13. vis

vis Member

No problems, I appreciate the help. I'll figure it out.

14. osterac

osterac Member

GPU:
    AMD radeon 4890 1GB
    Would it be possible for RP to disable my second monitor while a game is running? GTA 4 has problems with 2 monitors being active while the game is running, at least for me. Apparently the windows mouse pointer is still there underneath it all, and if it goes over on to another monitor, the game loses focus. Do that one too many times, the game crashes. I tried using CCC profiles but I couldn't figure it out. They are XML files - what do I do with them?
    Thanks

**edit**
    Seems that GTA 4 won't start with API monitoring enabled.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  15. vis

vis Member

Ah, ok, it's stopped working for *any* applications, not just rift. It just refuses to recognize any apps I create profiles for. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing RP after running a reg cleaner to remove any entries, but the problems persists. Looks like my next step is to remove all ati drivers, run driver sweep and try again.

16. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire
    Hi JapAmd,

I do not remember that you said about stealh mode.

I remember something about that you would let this option for later, until you reached some objectives for RP.

Do you have a view of when will you reactivate this option ?

17. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    I had the same issue when I tried to force an AA profile with Rift. When I switched it back to nothing, RP worked again.

If that's not the issue, under launcher, use the games for windows live/ sc2 and riftpatchlive.exe

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    How do you know it's not working for any apps? OSD is not working?

That option never went public, I did a few tests using common benchmarks and didn't get satisfied with performance loss of about 30%. I haven't had time to research another methods and gave up in the end.

Out of curiosity, are you getting kicked from online servers that use PB? Some users reported PB isn't kicking them from servers, but I'm not sure if PB white-listed RP or something else.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    can anyone help me? somehow rp doesnt work in dragon age 2 for me, ive added the 3 exe's and tried setting the launcher

oh the dx9 works not dx11

japamd can you take a look at this IF you have the game please ?

dx9 has max medium graphics :(

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  20. Pale Horseman

Pale Horseman Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    Hi japamd,

I've been using your application for a few months now and I think it's great.

I have an issue I hope you can help me solve. I fly the Flaming Cliffs 2 flight simulator,(Eagle Dynamics, DX9), and in general the performance it's great. However I can't seem to activate vsync and AA at the same time.
    From the DCS forums, I have learned that this is a known issue with Windows 7, and people have been able to enable vsync using D3DOverrider from the RivaTuner app.

However, I would have thought that the aggressive detection and vsync tweaks in RadeonPro would have had the same effect, but I've had no luck so far.

Are there any additional settings that would help me force vsync as D3DOverrider does?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.