Driver 267.59 released for 550 Ti card

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Infinity7_00, Mar 15, 2011.

?

How do you rate this driver?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2011.
  1. Better than previous drivers.

71.8%
  2. Same as previous drivers.

18.3%
  3. Not as good as previous drivers.

9.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Anyone can reply to my post pls? I feel kinda ignored lol

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

These drivers run DX11 a bit better overall. Got only gains in DX11 apps.

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    @kingpinzero

hard to say, i never heard about that ini tweak, most 570gtx users reported a nice boost in DA2 so i guess you would see it too.. Ini tweak or not:nerd:

Well these fixed L4d2 stutter on my gpu and frames looked faster, while NFS HP is so so, 267.176Q was smoother with forced 2xaa. Otherwise i like them allot too..

cuda 4.0 in state that it is now and make it final in the next 20 days from driver time stamp, seems like a very optimistic thing to say :D

I would say something based on r267 branch- aka 267.5x or higher number.

4. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Download on Nvidia not there? says no results for US beta on 550 ti

5. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    It is not a beta driver. It is WHQL.

6. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
  7. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
  8. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    lost alot fps at Rift game avarage same spot 50fps 267.31 , 35fps 267.59 ... But gained good fps at DA2, below 20s to avarage 30s very high, no ssao no blur no dof, hd textures.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    gotta love nv drivers for that, one thing is fixed while other sucks or vise versa.. and that's been going on for ages, why can't they make a decent driver for once, is that to much to ask nvidia?

10. Saifz

Saifz Guest

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    no please buy the $70000 GTX 690 that should fix all your problems
    /sarcasm

11. the901

the901 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 570/1280
    I actually gained 5+ fps in Rift. It also seems to be smoother and more consistent. These are the first drivers I have ever bothered to modify the inf so I could install and I am quite happy with the results. I hope to see the final 270.xx drivers fill everyone with the warm and fuzzy.

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Wait, wait, wait...what's this about Vsync. In TF2 I get short stutters, or short pulses of system inresponivnes to be more precise. BUT ONLY if I turn on Vsync AND CPU multithreading in Source. This is a well known bug for Source.

So what is your theory? Why only with Vsync on?

13. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    There's no easy answer to your question about what framerate you should be getting and that's probably why no one answered you sooner. If someone had the exact same hardware as you they could probably answer better. If you look through the forums long enough you might find someone with the same hardware who has told what framerates he's getting. I don't like that game either. I was just testing drivers.

14. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    Wanny, I tend to agree with you there. The improvements in Dragon Age 2 were large but other games they were about the same. If you crank up to 8x AA or 16x AA you'll see a little bit higher max fps in Black Ops but the min fps is not as good as the 270.32 driver. The 267.59 driver got slightly higher max fps in Heaven 2.5 benchmark when I cranked up settings to the max.

I'm staying on the 270.32 driver for Black Ops because of the way it gives the higher min fps it ends up making things smoother. I think some people who don't like the 270.32 didn't realize it didn't include PhysX so PhysX would have to be installed separately. The problem with 270.32 and the Heaven 2.5 benchmark is fixed if you uncheck Ambient Occlusion and make sure you're set to Trilinear Filtering in the Heaven Settings/Render menu.

15. deadcow

deadcow Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 460 OC
    am i the only one who thinks that nvidia only "accidentally" fixed speed problems with da2?
    50+% is something they should be bragging about, but then this release was only intended for the gtx550 and the gtx 450.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Erm, excuse me for saying this, but what you're suggesting is a workaround for a bug and not a fix at all. A fix would be where the glitch never appeared again when you use ambient occlusion and anisotropic filtering! ;)

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    well you can try this:

use ingame multi core and disable threaded optimization in nvcpl TF2 profile, set it to off. About vsync well i dont like it in this game so i have it off...

This fixed most of my stutter but there are still problems in Upward pl map.. Imo that map is one buggy mess.

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No, something like that can't be done.

When you change something in the code other things/fixes/issues mess up.

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    imo it could, well if only they made a little more effort instead of this rushed bs patching and releasing numerous driver branches at the same time.. no wonder its a mess.

I mean how hard is it to make a proper driver and really utilize all gpu power?

Well they were smart enough to make such powerful chips weren't they, but when it comes to drivers its like so: half of the time they don't know what they're doing.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've been lucky and avoided most of the issues, but it's been like that for a while on though, with both AMD and Nvidia.
    There has been so much new hardware released in the last year or so, that either priorities have changed, or all the varying hardware, plus sticking to unified drivers is making things alot more difficult software wise

The gap between the the GT200 cards and Fermi was quite large, so things were probably more settled then.

Not sure if its going to get any better this year either, since so much new hardware is due out.