Am I the only one that doesn't like Oblivion?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Jae-So, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    -----

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I spent about 30 hours playing it and about 300 hours tweaking it, that sums it up imo. Not to mention I went from 6600gt to 7800gt prior to the game's release, just to swap the 7800gt out a few days before release for 7900gt (which was high mid end then) and when I got my collector's edition, it ran like crap!!! Not a great game by any means, got boring really quick, was bugged (some quests wouldn't finish) and just a pure pain to play. Now Morrowind, that was much better!!!

EDIT: the radiant AI was a joke as well, the NPCs just blabbered on about the same thing, the guards had eyes in the back of their heads I swear! Not hoping for much better in Skyrim either.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I can't seem to play it, i do start playing it, but then i always just start to wander around admiring the gfx, and listening to the fantastic music (love the music when yer down in the dungeons/caves etc....) :D

4. ibitato

ibitato Guest

and tweaking and modding the sh1t out of it,,,,,, logged like 40 hours of gameplay and much much more messing with mods and tweaks ......

Yes the leveling is bad ( can be fixed by mod) and is slow paced, but that, for me , being really retarded on fast games, is good

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I never really modded it tbh, only mods i put on, was the high res textures 2048x2048 ones (or whatever they were), and the distant land one (which textured the background, as on vanilla it was all blocky/bare).

Altogether now :- do do do do doooooooo, do do do do doooooooo :D

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  6. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Yes, because that's totally why everyone here said they didn't like it; not enough combat.

No, not at all, that's not the reason most said. Perhaps you should actually read those "hater's" posts before making wild claims?

7. ibitato

ibitato Guest

Don't give cookies to trolls ...... ;)

8. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    This. Heh, reminds me of me, I have spent so many hours tweaking it and using mods to make it better. The day after release I already had a few mods running, and that was before the mod kit was out.

I really enjoyed much of Oblivion, but I will never play it again. In the end I was only tweaking and searching for mods that it was a waste of spare time.

I'll most likely get Skyrim as well, and it probably will be better than Oblivion (a better settings and NPC models will help a lot). But I simply won't take the time modding it until it's as good as it's never going to get :p

9. kbozz71

kbozz71 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    I've tried to play Oblivion like a dozen times now. I just can't get into it at all. Even after modding it to the max, it still bores the living hell out of me. I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

10. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I have no interest in Oblivion or anything remotely similar, my interest only extends to racing Sims and some FPS games, I'm likely missing out on some great games because of this, but I barely have the time to play anyway, let alone if I had any more in my library.

But then, no, I loathe fantasy, so I don't think I am missing out on anything at all.

11. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Loved it.. multiple times. :)

Played vanilla the first time, then modded and played again. Definately the best game of 2006.

12. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    That would be Company Of Heroes actually :p

2nd best good enough? ;)

13. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2

Oh dear.

On topic: I didn't paticularly like Oblivion to be honest, was a big Morrowind fan however.