Whats your favorite total war game?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Shadowsoldier, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    My favorite one was Rome Total War, there is just something about the roman era. Plus in that game it was just a lot easier to play I think, you could just capture a settlement, kill everyone, and take most of the money. I think the least one I enjoy is Empire Total war, something about it just is not as fun. I think Rome Total war just had that umph, and when people are about to raid your castle, its fun to see boiling oil be dumped on them, whats your opinion?

2. mrkrinkle

mrkrinkle Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    I agree. Medievil 2 and empire have way too much extra crap going on that detract from the focus of the game imo. Played the demo for Shogun2 and it looks promising.

3. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Medieval II for me. I am partial to the era, and like some of the gameplay additions. To date though, I have played Rome far more than any other in the series, simply because it was the first Total War game I owned.

I like the setting of Shogun as well, so the new one is probably great too, but I haven't played it yet.

4. mr_47

mr_47 Guest

GPU:
    G RTX 3080TI GOC
    agreed rome and Medieval II is the best

5. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Medieval II was great, never got into Empire in the same way.

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Medievil 2 easily the best.

7. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Medieval 1 and 2, ilove that epoch

Medieval 1 was good, altho graphics now stink.

Medieval 2 graphics are still great, i like them A LOT (even being older, for me they are the same level than empire and such). And with Stainless Steel, TATW and other mods, its great.

Rome... i couldnt get into roman the game (at first i disliked generals moving realistic instead of risk-mode like in MTW1) :/ and now graphics are kinda old, but ill play rome 2 for sure =), shogun i didnt play, ill play shogun 2 tho.
    Empire and napoleon they are meh, not my prefered times nor way to fight.... just made one campaign on them.

8. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Medievil 2 is just the most amazing to me, even after playing empire I just am more addicted to swords than guns when it comes to massive battles.

9. Beren-OneHand

Beren-OneHand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Medieval 2, mostly because of Stainless Steel and Third Age.

this is why Shogun not having mod tools means me not buying it.

10. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Definately Rome followed by Empire. You may call me a heathen for this but I just couldn't get into Medieval. We'll see how Shogun 2 compares.

11. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    It doesn't? Yuck. Have they not noticed how absolutely massive the Total War modding community is?

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I completed the first shogun years ago and loved medievil 1 and 2, rome was good but the armies just looked like clone armies,all the same,but i got fed up with medievil 2 cause of the silly micro-micro- micro management regarding merchants,takes a while to get them to where there going and then they get conquered by another factions merchant only too repeat again.

I conquered more than half of europe in medievil using the English but the micro BS really annoyed me,i wont be buying Total war for a while tbh esepcially as theres so much coming out this year,even if i did buy it i know i wouldnt play it anyhow as i dont have the patients for crap like this.

13. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:

I know exactly what you mean with mico managment.. In order to even play the game without getting even half pissed off you need to spend like 30+ turns just building your economy. Also you have to have to play nice with everyone, doing peace negotiations because everyone hates each other and declares war every 5 seconds...Then even if you make peace with another nation they still spy on you. For instance I made peace with the Ottoman Empire and they sabotaged one of my cites, cost me 1461 to rebuild it, and other minor nations annoy you with their armies.. Its like in order to get into the meet of the game you have to deal with so much micro managment.
    I still have not beaten Empire total war and now they make Shogun 2..I am noy buying it, these games take forever.

14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I loved shogun total war, and also Napoleon total war was fun for me:D

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Rome was my favourite definately, plugged many hours into that game, lol!

16. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Draw between Rome and Empire :p

17. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Medieval: Total War
    Loved the Arab touch, and i was the last Total War game that i really enjoyed.

18. Manu2009

Manu2009 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
    Medieval 2>Rome>Medieval1>Shogun>>>>>>>>>Empire+Napoleon

Medieval 2 because love the era, details of the cities (empire had only forts which was a big disappointment), having to deal with the pope while expending, etc.

Only thing I liked more from empire was the trade system and naval battle. Currently thinking if I should or not spend 50$ on Shogun 2. I dont want it to be a disappointement like empire was.

Wish they make a medieval 3 !!!

19. DgtlOutcst

DgtlOutcst Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 (55nm)
    Rome. By miles.

I actually still play Rome to this day. Kind of given up on shogun 2 and gone back to Rome. And hopefully, Rome 2 will be next, it would only be logical.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  20. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Kind of had a fun time with Empire for the past two days. I built up Russia to have a very good economy and I am having a blast fighting. Its a very good game but to me nothing can ever beat the feeling of Rome total war.Conquering Sparta with Rome was so fun :)